Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:13   #26
javelinadave
Hebrew Hammer

The Dems need to face the facts, Obama has a very negative record as president with very few flattering talking points.
Without using demagoguery the Democrats can only use their tried and failed platform of fear and blame.
Lets hope that Mitt doesn't back off or start using Biden's speech writers.
javelinadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:16   #27
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyePPC View Post
Al Gore suggests it was the Denver altitude.

Al Gore Blames Denver for Obama debate loss - YouTube
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was Bush's fault.

Regards,
Happyguy
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22   #28
Dragline

Obama looked like a frightened child last night.

When he started talking about his grandmother he looked like he was wishing he was home with his dear grammy...anywhere but on that stage.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:04   #29
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotkid View Post
hear something you don't like and start the name calling good job

Not something I don't like, just something factually incorrect. Just waiting for you to post your "fact checker" data now.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
NH Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:07   #30
wjv

Quote:
oh presidents control gas prices?
Actually the President can influence pricing by
- prohibiting or allowing drilling
- prohibit or allowing new refinery construction
- -- Hint: EPA heavily involved in that decision
- determining if/when to release strategic reserves
- setting EPA mpg guidelines
- prohibit or allowing new pipelines
- middle-east foreign policies
- economic policies that are killing the dollar
- -- Hint: weak dollar = more expensive imports
- killing the coal industry (an alternate fuel source)

If you don't realize these basic facts, then you're not even worth the time and effort it takes to respond to your drivel.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -

Last edited by wjv; 10-04-2012 at 10:11..
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:07   #31
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragline View Post
Obama looked like a frightened child last night.

When he started talking about his grandmother he looked like he was wishing he was home with his dear grammy...anywhere but on that stage.

I was hoping Romney was going to ask how Obama's aunt was doing

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 10-04-2012, 10:07   #32
camelotkid
non-believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Camelotkid,
Pull your head out of the sand and look at the real BHO.
Having no foreign policies AND hindering domestic drilling AND blocking the Keystone pipeline all have a negative affect on gas pricing.
Then factor in the Stazi like EPA AND crushing debt due to his "drug addict" like spending AND you have the dollar in a free fall on the world market once again negatively affecting oil prices.
So if gas companys know people are dependent on gas to go places, and they know that people will still buy gas at the current price, even if they increased supply what incentive would they have to then lower the price? seems like even with increased production of oil the only thing that would happen is higher profits for oil companies not relief for people who can't afford gas.
camelotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:08   #33
F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Trucker View Post
Face it Cameltoe, your candidate got pimp slapped HARD last night. Seems like it was so hard that even you're butt-hurt now.

One of the best lines of the night was "Mr President, as President you're entitled to your own jet, your own house but not you're own facts."
I loved the I raised 5 boys so I know all about someone telling me a lie over and over to try and make me believe it line.
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:10   #34
camelotkid
non-believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjv View Post
Actually the President can influence pricing by
- prohibiting or allowing drilling
- prohibit or allowing new refinery construction
- -- Hint: EPA heavily involved in that decision
- determining if/when to release strategic reserves
- setting EPA mpg guidelines
- prohibit or allowing new pipelines
- middle-east foreign policies

If you don't realize these basic facts, then you're not even worth the time and effort it takes to respond to.
so this explains why gas was $5 per gallon a few months before the election in 2008? GWB obviously wanted to make sure that mcain did not get elected, makes since.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:14   #35
javelinadave
Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
So if gas companys know people are dependent on gas to go places, and they know that people will still buy gas at the current price, even if they increased supply what incentive would they have to then lower the price? seems like even with increased production of oil the only thing that would happen is higher profits for oil companies not relief for people who can't afford gas.
Your explanation sound like Tim Robbins likeness in the cartoon movie "Team America". So basically it comes down to the corporations acting all corporationy.

Since Obama couldn't defend his presidential record why don't you give it a try. You and I both know you are much smarter than him. (I'm serious about this statement)

Last edited by javelinadave; 10-04-2012 at 10:17..
javelinadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19   #36
jones n

Send a message via AIM to jones n Send a message via Yahoo to jones n
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
What did the 5 fingers say to the face?
The Okie Corral
Now that is funny.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24   #37
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 View Post
I loved the I raised 5 boys so I know all about someone telling me a lie over and over to try and make me believe it line.

And then there was when he was talking about the $90 Billion Obama gave to green energy companies, and made a point to mention that HALF of them contributed to Obama's campaign.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43   #38
JFrame

Quote:
And then there was when he was talking about the $90 Billion Obama gave to green energy companies, and made a point to mention that HALF of them contributed to Obama's campaign.

And with Obama blathering on and on about teachers and education, Romney came back with, "90 billion dollars could have hired 2 million teachers." That was like a metaphorical dagger thrust between the ribs.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46   #39
JW1178

Quote:
I think that was the best part when Obama did that liberal spin on demonizing "big oil" profits and substidies and Romney countered showing how much money was just given to green energy companies that FAILED.
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:50   #40
Detectorist

Quote:
so this explains why gas was $5 per gallon a few months before the election in 2008? GWB obviously wanted to make sure that mcain did not get elected, makes since.
You must be an obamaphile. Gas was never $5.00 a gallon. Just before the elections, it was a bit over $2.00/gal.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:51   #41
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
Since Obama couldn't defend his presidential record why don't you give it a try.
Yeah, that would be cool. But, the Obama supporters don't want to go any nearer to Obama's record than Obama does.

Last edited by series1811; 10-04-2012 at 10:52..
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54   #42
Carrys
Inquisitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyePPC View Post
Al Gore suggests it was the Denver altitude.

Al Gore Blames Denver for Obama debate loss - YouTube
It's not that he would bring up such a silly notion, it's that the brain dead left will believe him and harp on the excuse to no end.

Men Seem To Think Their God Is Like Their Govt.......He Is Supposed To Give Them Things, Not Ask Anything Of them.
Carrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:55   #43
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

I didn't see the debates but I have been reading the reviews. Ironically all my liberal friends are very, very quiet this morning. It's rather pleasant!
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:59   #44
SGT278ACR
Retired Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
I didn't see the debates but I have been reading the reviews. Ironically all my liberal friends are very, very quiet this morning. It's rather pleasant!
Silince is bliss, isn't it....
Old 10-04-2012, 11:03   #45
camelotkid
non-believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
You must be an obamaphile. Gas was never $5.00 a gallon. Just before the elections, it was a bit over $2.00/gal.
wrong I saw it at the pump, the only reason it dropped so low was from it being so high and everyone not being able to buy it. It only lasted for a week but yes it was $5.00 per gallon.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:03   #46
zackwatt
Lifetime Membership
SCCC Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Here's a fact for you:

The Okie Corral
Doesn't it make sense that prices were so low because the markets were in the tank and everyone was losing their homes and jobs?

Low demand, high supply. Adverse future outlook, Lower speculation.

The Okie Corral

I still want Obama out btw...

Remember: "Heavy is Good, Heavy is Reliable. Plus, If It Doesn't Work You Can Always Hit Them with It."

Last edited by zackwatt; 10-04-2012 at 11:10..
zackwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:07   #47
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
oh presidents control gas prices?

indirecty, yes. The idiot we have now has been doing it by restricting supply in hampering drilling efforts.

Hits supply. drives prices up.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:16   #48
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
So if gas companys know people are dependent on gas to go places, and they know that people will still buy gas at the current price, even if they increased supply what incentive would they have to then lower the price?
Buildup of inventories. They have only so much storage space for a momentum driven process production. If prices are too high and product sales slow, they drop prices.

It's called market forces. Supply and demand. A basic fact of market economies.

Only thing I had against Romney. When bongo started snarking about "big oil", Romney should have explained that big oil isn't the cigar chomping billionaire you see in the monopoly game, wallowing in rooms filled with cash like he's scrooge mcduck or something, but that oil companies are publicly held, stock issuing entities that pay dividends to the guy on the street who probably has Exxon stock or Chevron stock in IRA or 401k.

WE are big oil. Anyone ever look in their retirement mutual fund to see what the holdings are?

That's right, YOU are big oil. A little chunk at a time. Them billions are paid out in dimes by the share to a lot of little people on main street.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:20   #49
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
Wait till bongo loses. I will be absolutely giddy. In the libtard govt haven i'm working in, i will be gettin some stares from all the black armband crowd.

And I will laugh derisively.
Old 10-04-2012, 14:04   #50
mac66
Plant the seed

When Obama ran against McCain, his campaign was filled with idealistic platitudes of Hope and Change. Those slogans were appealing to many people after 8 years of Bush.

Those slogans don't fit so good now.

Jimmy Carter got elected in 76 because of the same thing. People were tired of Nixon and Watergate. Carter won because he ran against Nixon not Ford.

Just like Carter, Obama isn't a very good president. Ideology doesn't create jobs. Ideology doesn't manage crisis, or bring down the debt. All the empathy in the world for the little guy doesn't do them any good if they can't find a job. Coupled with Obamacare which is Obama trying to create a legacy, his tenure at president has been all about ideology and not about performance.

If people were working, they wouldn't care as much about healthcare or the government taking care of them. That's what we saw when Reagan was elected. People railed against Reagan as a statist, "just an actor", a fuddling old man. Yet, he brought the country back from the brink. Yes he grew government, and spent a lot of money but people didn't care because it was boom times. Reagan knew how things works. He was a good leader and he knew how to get things done.

Romney is same way. He knows how to run things and get things done. Yeah, he is not as conservative as some people wish he was. He is a neo-con in others eyes. The thing is that he knows how things works. He knows how to get things done.

For you third party guys. I feel your pain, I lean libertarian myself. The problem is that a third party candidate is never going to be elected President until they build a base in local, state and federal office. There is just not enough base to support them yet. Build a local and state base of support and then go after bigger and bigger offices. I will be working on that after I am done working on Romney's campaign.

Interestingly enough, most of the people I've met in the campaign, particularly the young ones are libertarians. They are tired of the move to the left by the Republican party. In the mean time, we need to slow the fall and the only one who can do that is Romney at this point.