Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:21   #26
SanJuanTrout
usmcold0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Leaky View Post
Sorry, guys. It's a (hopefully) long slide and you just have to get used to the fact that hot young women just aren't interested. Get over it. But if you look around and pay attention to the real world, you will find yourself in the middle of a garden of wonderful ladies (probably close to your own age) who totally understand and appreciate everything that's important to you. God has provided what you need - grow up and enjoy your life.
HaHaHa, surely you jest
SanJuanTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29   #27
Deanster
CLM Number 250
Cheese?

At a local bar/grill with a couple buddies a couple years back, and for whatever reason, the place is Packed.

A couple super-attractive college girls are wandering around looking for a place to sit, and we invite them to take the extra space at our booth 'till another table comes free.

We all chat a bit, and at the end, the two girls are smiling at me, leaning forward, flirting, and one pushes a slip of paper across to me, with a huge smile, and says 'We'd love it if you'd call us sometime! SOOON, OK?'

My buddies are shocked, wondering what magic I have worked to get these girls so worked up and ready to rock?

I'm all humble, and point out that while I'd never cheat on my wife, it's good to know that beautiful women still want me, and I'm not sure which one of them I'd pick anyhow, but perhaps in a pinch I'd look at dating them both (were I single) etc.

I then look at the slip of paper, and it says 'Ashley & Stephanie - great babysitters! We'd love to watch your kids!' and their phone number.

I'd successfully picked up a babysitter for my pre-school children.

Sigh.

Your behavior angers God and/or the Constitution. Just sayin'.

I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by low barometric pressure, and not gay marriage.
Deanster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29   #28
GlockinNJ

I recently took my 14 year old daughter to a diner for breakfast. A couple tables away was a local mom and her kids. My daughter was a summer camp counselor for one of the kids, so they stopped by our table to say hi as they were leaving. The mom, who was my age, asked my daughter is I was her older brother!

Too bad the only women who pay attention to me are older and heavier than my ego would like!
GlockinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:39   #29
mgs
Always Carrying

When I get called "Sir".
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:54   #30
sarge83

I was in my mid 20's and an undergrad in college this was in the 80's and I carried my stuff around in a brief case. I found it easier to handle than a backpack. A student came up to my girlfriend at the time and wanted to know if she had taken any of my classes and was I a tough professor.

At 37 I pulled into the Long John Silvers drive through and placed my order, the girl gave me the total and I drove around to the window. She comes up to the window looks at me turns around and goes to the register makes a few entries and comes to the window. I have the correct amount ready to hand her and she says, oh it's changed honey I gave you your senior discount.

When I was 43 I walked into a pawn shops jewelry section with my little girl who was 9 or 10 at the time she wanted to go in there. One of the ladies starts chatting with us as my daughter is looking at ear rings and proceeds to ask my daughter if her grandpa is going to buy her some ear rings. I said she's my daughter. Oh, sorry dear.

I am 46 now and my youngest brother who is in his late 30's takes some clothes and other items to a local charitable organization for donation that I also donate to frequently and they ask him if he wants the forms to take for a charitable deduction and he says sure and they ask his name. He tells them his name and the lady responds oh we know your dad and give my name, he comes in here all the time with stuff. My brother just grins, accepts the tax info. and then proceeds out the door to laugh his butt off and then find me to aggravate.

For the record what hair I have left is nearly white at 46 and my nickname is Gramps...
sarge83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:54   #31
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Bass. HH
Should have cracked that bass guitar off the punk's head and start a good old fashion bar brawl.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:03   #32
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanster View Post
At a local bar/grill with a couple buddies a couple years back, and for whatever reason, the place is Packed.

A couple super-attractive college girls are wandering around looking for a place to sit, and we invite them to take the extra space at our booth 'till another table comes free.

We all chat a bit, and at the end, the two girls are smiling at me, leaning forward, flirting, and one pushes a slip of paper across to me, with a huge smile, and says 'We'd love it if you'd call us sometime! SOOON, OK?'

My buddies are shocked, wondering what magic I have worked to get these girls so worked up and ready to rock?

I'm all humble, and point out that while I'd never cheat on my wife, it's good to know that beautiful women still want me, and I'm not sure which one of them I'd pick anyhow, but perhaps in a pinch I'd look at dating them both (were I single) etc.

I then look at the slip of paper, and it says 'Ashley & Stephanie - great babysitters! We'd love to watch your kids!' and their phone number.

I'd successfully picked up a babysitter for my pre-school children.

Sigh.
You kept the magic alive for the men, right? You didn't fess up, I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge83 View Post
I was in my mid 20's and an undergrad in college this was in the 80's and I carried my stuff around in a brief case. I found it easier to handle than a backpack. A student came up to my girlfriend at the time and wanted to know if she had taken any of my classes and was I a tough professor.

At 37 I pulled into the Long John Silvers drive through and placed my order, the girl gave me the total and I drove around to the window. She comes up to the window looks at me turns around and goes to the register makes a few entries and comes to the window. I have the correct amount ready to hand her and she says, oh it's changed honey I gave you your senior discount.

When I was 43 I walked into a pawn shops jewelry section with my little girl who was 9 or 10 at the time she wanted to go in there. One of the ladies starts chatting with us as my daughter is looking at ear rings and proceeds to ask my daughter if her grandpa is going to buy her some ear rings. I said she's my daughter. Oh, sorry dear.

I am 46 now and my youngest brother who is in his late 30's takes some clothes and other items to a local charitable organization for donation that I also donate to frequently and they ask him if he wants the forms to take for a charitable deduction and he says sure and they ask his name. He tells them his name and the lady responds oh we know your dad and give my name, he comes in here all the time with stuff. My brother just grins, accepts the tax info. and then proceeds out the door to laugh his butt off and then find me to aggravate.

For the record what hair I have left is nearly white at 46 and my nickname is Gramps...
Dad?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17   #33
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

My mom...in her 60s folks call us "Mr. and Mrs. Gallium".

My wife...I took my wife to the OBYGN when she got knocked up, we are there with the rest of the boys, the eldest was a recent teenager. The nurse comes out, looks at us (4-5 of us), and then begins addressing my wife and teenager as Mr./Mrs. Gallium.

Funny thing is, when I shave and wear "young people clothes" (jeans or cargo pants/etc), people think I am no older than 30.

Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:41   #34
badge315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
I've been getting AARP stuff in the mail for a while ... but the first one I received made me go, "wow... I'm officially old now."
That was my moment as well.

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43   #35
Chesafreak

The last young guy to talk smack about me being old was my Marine son in law. I challenged him to put on some boxing gloves and join me in the back yard whenever he wants to call me old or make fun of sailors again. He still hasn't taken me up on that. When my kids call me old man I just tell them that I'll challenge them to a run or any type of physical fitness test and see who's old.

I'm 43 with a little grey hair and a grey goatee, and in the best shape of my life. In fact, this morning I noticed that I can just start to see the outline of my six pack abs. A year and a half ago I was fat, overstressed, and had daily back pain. Now the back pain is gone but the knees hurt, which is my reminder that I'm getting older.

I must be doing something right. I overheard my fiance talking to her best friend the other day and heard her friend say that her 19 year old daughter thinks I'm hot, and my fiance said that another friend's daughter said the same (both girls are beautiful!). My head got so big I almost fell over. It doesn't really matter except it made me feel good. Its not like I'm going to get a chance (or take that chance) to knock boots with the daughters of people I know.
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48   #36
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Should have cracked that bass guitar off the punk's head and start a good old fashion bar brawl.
At 52, I pick my battles wisely and starting one in a bar packed with college kids is not wise. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54   #37
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
At 52, I pick my battles wisely and starting one in a bar packed with college kids is not wise. HH
That's why you use the guitar and not your fists.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17   #38
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
That's why you use the guitar and not your fists.
Hey man, it's a custom shop Carvin! HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 13:53   #39
Ralff

I was driving to a detail in a van with 7 younger airman. "Paradise City" came on the radio and only 1 or 2 of them had ever heard it. FML
Ralff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 13:58   #40
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
We were at Oktoberfest last weekend having a ball.
Like the Oktoberfest?? I could use some tickets for Saturday if anyone knows where to get some...
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 15:23   #41
GLWyandotte
Carbon User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Like the Oktoberfest?? I could use some tickets for Saturday if anyone knows where to get some...
I wish!
It was at www.gasthausbavarianhunter.com

The beer is great, the festival is fun with great music. The food in the restaurant is America's idea of German food- really heavy: frozen spaetzle, instant potatoes and over-priced schnitzel.
It's a fun place to go for dinner with a group. The beer and creepy strolling accordion chick make up for the poor food.

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
GLWyandotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 15:36   #42
m2hmghb

A few years ago I was in a clan for a F2P shooter, myself and another guy are talking about close combat, which came out in 96 and a kid comes on and says he wasn't even born when it was made.

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 15:42   #43
jaws48

It must be nice to be young enough to recall when you got "your old" moment! Getting old sucks but what sucks most about it is still better than the alternative, so far.
Old 10-04-2012, 16:10   #44
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I'm old and I get a kick out of people that say they forgot something that was "on the tip of their tongue" so they must be a sign of old age.

I tell them that forgetting things is not a sign of old age, it's a sign that you have many other things more important to think about.

I also mention that I, for most of my life, I have been very forgetful. Since I have always been forgetful, it cannot be a sign of Alzheimer's or age, just preoccupation.

A real senior moment is when you forget you have a bed date with a 20 year old. It sometimes is also called "fortuitous amnesia".

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:54   #45
Creatism

My first one was when my favorite metal album became a classic. Then I did the smart thing and married a 24 yr old, I'm 32, and talking child hood schools everything with her is "oh my god your old" comment.
Then the realization that I've involved in one way or another with one of my hobbies for over 20 yrs does not help. Couple that with my 8 yr old who seems to think that, nevermind that I do weighted pull ups, bench 300lbs and squat over double my body weight, that I'm to old and decrepit to play at the park with him.
You reading that makes me very glad I have thick skin.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Creatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:54   #46
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Leaky View Post
Sorry, guys. It's a (hopefully) long slide and you just have to get used to the fact that hot young women just aren't interested. Get over it. ...
Speak for yourself ya old geezer.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Well are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:59   #47
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by badge315 View Post
That was my moment as well.
Yup, quality life moment. -LOL-
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Well are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:59   #48
oceanwarrior

My OLD moment came when a Surgical nurse was prepping me for a minor surgery.
As she was setting up to insert an IV,she asked me about the scar on my arm.
I told her that was long ago when i used to build race cars and got cut by a piece of sheet metal I was installing.
She said "Oh, you might know my Brothers,they used to race too".
She mentioned the names,and yes ,I knew them very well.
THEN I remembered HER!
I asked "Do you remember me?"
She says "No"
I say "That's good,that means I'll get up after the surgery is done"
She asked "Why is that?"
I told her"Because when you were a little girl,we gave you SUCH a bad time when you were hanging out in your brothers garage with us,and we did all sorts of cruel jokes to you."
She thought a while as she got the IV into me,then,smiling at me,she said "Now I remember you,You were so bad in those days,but you always bought me ice cream at the racetrack and I really looked foward to that on race days!

I woke up in recovery alive and intact,she was there and we laughed about the old days!

oceanwarrior
oceanwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 17:04   #49
Never Nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
I'm old and I get a kick out of people that say they forgot something that was "on the tip of their tongue" so they must be a sign of old age.

I tell them that forgetting things is not a sign of old age, it's a sign that you have many other things more important to think about.

I also mention that I, for most of my life, I have been very forgetful. Since I have always been forgetful, it cannot be a sign of Alzheimer's or age, just preoccupation.

A real senior moment is when you forget you have a bed date with a 20 year old. It sometimes is also called "fortuitous amnesia".
For as long as I can remember, I've had amnesia.

NN
Old 10-04-2012, 17:09   #50
bucky_925

Send a message via AIM to bucky_925 Send a message via Yahoo to bucky_925

My wife's (she is a second grade teacher) was when one of her students was homecoming queen. Mine (I have been grey headed since my 30's) was when I was called paw paw by my fellow workers, that was 10 years ago.
bucky_925 is offline   Reply With Quote