Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 07:59   #326
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarspeak View Post
i could care less if obama wins or rommney....they ALL make these promises that the never keep...dont you guys realize its not really the rep vs the dems....its the ultra rich against the rest of us......wake up people

and if one more person mentions ron paul ill tear my eyes out......he will never be prez...stop dreaming
That's a cop out. If Obama wins he will, most likely, stack The Supreme Court with one, two or three leftist judges.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:06   #327
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
That's a cop out. If Obama wins he will, most likely, stack The Supreme Court with one, two or three leftist judges.
That is absolutely true.

But tell me this, based on how this country is progressing. Don't you think it is only a matter of time till the supreme court is stacked with leftists, as well as the whole government?
The republican party is moving steadily left.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
Old 10-04-2012, 08:06   #328
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post

America. I love this place.

The greatest country in the world.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:07   #329
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Obama thanks you too.
Good. When Romney loses, maybe the GOP will get their head out of their asses by 2016 and put up someone worth voting for.

If you honestly still support the Republican party, I don't know what I could say to help you...they are just as bad as the Democrats.

Last edited by tantrix; 10-04-2012 at 08:09..
Old 10-04-2012, 08:15   #330
Jack_Pine
CLM Number 257
Charter Lifetime Member

Ia agree with everyone's (at least most everyone's) characterization of Romeys clear win in the debate. It seemed clear that's what his handlers wanted form him, but was not sure he could deliver. He did, big time.

It surprised me O did not handle it better. They had to be prepared for the onslaught. Maybe they were surprised at his intensity or just how well MR pulled it off. Maybe lack of prompter for O, not sure but I think a lot of Dem's are reeling this AM.

The next debate will be very interesting. I read one somewhere that it was an O strategy (kind of rope-a-dope style). I don't buy that, too risky.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:17   #331
SGT278ACR
Retired Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
I'd rather have 4 more years of President Obama and have our troops come home as planned from Afghanistan than a potential 8 years of the creepy Mormon who is beating the drums of war with Iran.
I agree with you 50% on this. I'd love to see the troops come home from Afghanistan, but at the same time feel that we can not tolerate an Iranian government with a nuclear weapon capability.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:20   #332
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT278ACR View Post
I agree with you 50% on this. I'd love to see the troops come home from Afghanistan, but at the same time feel that we can not tolerate an Iranian government with a nuclear weapon capability.

So you are ready & willing to invade Iran?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:20   #333
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
I'd rather have 4 more years of President Obama and have our troops come home as planned from Afghanistan than a potential 8 years of the creepy Mormon who is beating the drums of war with Iran.
Please define "creepy Mormon."
Old 10-04-2012, 08:27   #334
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicksville Kid View Post
I don't know if Biden has had a stroke, but I do know he is brain damaged. Severely.
Two brain aneurysms in 1988 leave him at a higher risk for a stroke.

The Okie Corral

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 10-04-2012, 08:28   #335
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
That is one of the biggest issues at stake in this election.

And, it continues to be the great unsaid. Obama doesn't have to accomplish anything but move the SC to the far left, and the far left will consider him a success.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:35   #336
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Watching two idiots argue and nobody actually proposing a solution...good thing I'm voting for neither.
Good thing your vote doesn't matter.

In Louisiana, (where Santorem easily won the primary) Romney leads Obama by 16%. Previously, McCain beat Obama by 18.7% and Bush beat Kerry by 14.5%. All of Louisiana's electoral votes will go to Romney, I absolutely guarantee it and you can't stop it.

Nothing you feel, or believe, or say, or do, has any effect upon this whatsoever. Go ahead and write in Papoon, nobody will ever notice that you existed.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41   #337
SGT278ACR
Retired Veteran

Quote:
Nope, not at all. A strategic air campaign against suspected nuclear weapons manufacturing facilities would suffice without having to put boots on the ground. It really is as simple as that. I know, I know, an act like that would pit the muslim world against us, but hell, they're already against us anyway and that will never change. In their eyes they don't even need another reason to hate us except for the fact that we are generally "non-muslims" to them and we're aligned with Israel. The only way those people will ever feel they are at peace with us is if we, "the alleged infidels", are all dead. Ask yourself this question... would you really feel safe if Iran had a nuclear weapons capability?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:43   #338
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Red XIII View Post
Wasn't Gary a republican too, til he lost in the primaries? So, was he like RP lying to be in the republican running, or did he sell out when he didn't get the nomination?

Red
Both. Lying and selling out.

He is a Republican In Name Only, and he is not supporting the GOP team effort against Obama.

Traitors like him attract the insignificant shrinking lunatic fringe.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:06   #339
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

the debate avalible online? Want to watch it.

and anyone know much of the rest of the moderators? any good at keeping things neutral?

Last edited by Diesel McBadass; 10-04-2012 at 09:09..
Old 10-04-2012, 09:16   #340
kensb2
pistol n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post

and anyone know much of the rest of the moderators? any good at keeping things neutral?
Go to Yahoo, you can watch it there I believe. I watched it live online through ABC/Yahoo. YouTube also had that same feed running in it's political section. I was pretty surprised last night, TBH, how balanced ABC/Yahoo's reporting and coverage seemed to be. They tried to ask a few tough questions of Jen Psaki (which she dodged, of course), and called her out for it afterwards. They had a good mix of Dems and Repubs on post-debate. Their fact checker guy mostly said Obama was a liar. The college student in charge of the Dem 'Google Hangout' said that they were disappointed in Jim Lehrer, saying he was the reason Romney appeared to do well. He also said they were happy with Obama's effort!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:23   #341
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Good thing your vote doesn't matter.

In Louisiana, (where Santorem easily won the primary) Romney leads Obama by 16%. Previously, McCain beat Obama by 18.7% and Bush beat Kerry by 14.5%. All of Louisiana's electoral votes will go to Romney, I absolutely guarantee it and you can't stop it.

Nothing you feel, or believe, or say, or do, has any effect upon this whatsoever. Go ahead and write in Papoon, nobody will ever notice that you existed.

I'm fine with my vote.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:34   #342
stooxie
NRA Life Member

Media is already abuzz with "What went wrong with Obama," talking about all the possibilities like maybe he is out of practice, maybe he prefers another format, maybe he didn't eat his Wheaties that morning.

That possibility that maybe he just doesn't have much to say in defense of himself or his world view doesn't seem to cross their minds.

-Stooxie
Old 10-04-2012, 09:56   #343
Jack_Pine
CLM Number 257
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post

http://www.2012presidentialelectionn...bate-schedule/
Old 10-04-2012, 10:06   #344
Glotin

I love hearing all the "I'm voting for the man who best represents me" blowhards proclaiming for all to hear how they don't understand our two party system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
That is absolutely true.

But tell me this, based on how this country is progressing. Don't you think it is only a matter of time till the supreme court is stacked with leftists, as well as the whole government?
The republican party is moving steadily left.
What kind of attitude is this? A lot of my generation (younger people) somehow ended up with very libertarian viewpoints. The only politically motivated people I know all lean libertarian. I think we will bring the GOP in that direction once we enter the arena.

Quote:
Invasion not necessary.

The Law
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19   #345
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
They both suck, it all sucks. I weep for what was once the Republic.

Of course, I will hold my nose and vote for Romney. He will manage the decay better.
This.

To the nth degree.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:20   #346
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

President Obama was at a distinct disadvantage. He carries the weight of America's trouble on his shoulders every day.

Of all the days to lighten his load, YESTERDAY was the day he chose to leave his teleprompter on Air Force 1????

Old 10-04-2012, 10:27   #347
gwalchmai
Lucky Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
President Obama was at a distinct disadvantage. He carries the weight of America's trouble on his shoulders every day.

Of all the days to lighten his load, YESTERDAY was the day he chose to leave his teleprompter on Air Force 1????
No, The One didn't leave it. George W. Bush sabotaged the teleprompter.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:33   #348
F350

Quote:
Good. When Romney loses, maybe the GOP will get their head out of their asses by 2016 and put up someone worth voting for.

If you honestly still support the Republican party, I don't know what I could say to help you...they are just as bad as the Democrats.

You guys remind me of Cleavon Little in "Blazing Saddles" when he first rides into town and several townsmen draw guns on him, holds his own gun to his head and says " Drop it! Or I swear I'll blow this ******'s head all over this town!"
Old 10-04-2012, 10:38   #349
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
I'm voting for the best man for the job, not one turd over another turd.

And by the way, how's that voting for the "lesser evil" working out for you in Illinois?

Thought so.

When you live in a ****pond, you don't get to tell other people how to vote.
You still dont have any idea what you are talking about. ALL of my state reps and senators are VERY conservative. I live downstate, chicago is the liberal bastion thatruins our state. When you don't know what the hell you are talking about you should shut up, it makes you look even more stupid than voting for Gary Johnson or Ron Paul.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48   #350
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Everyone i know voting third party says its because they dont want the lesser of two evils, they dont want to continue two party system, etc. None of them can tell me why the third party is any better.