Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 02:35   #301
Fiery Red XIII
CLM Number 223
Adorkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I think the fact that they lose the nomination demonstrates the fact that republicans don't reflect their beliefs. Why support people who don't think like you?
Then why do they run as repubs only when it may benefit them?
I am not trying to be circular, just showing that they compromise their own beliefs when they think it'll help their political career, like 99.9999999+% of politicians.

Red
Old 10-04-2012, 02:37   #302
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Debate aftermath:

The Okie Corral
Old 10-04-2012, 02:39   #303
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
I'd rather have 4 more years of President Obama and have our troops come home as planned from Afghanistan than a potential 8 years of the creepy Mormon who is beating the drums of war with Iran.
I rather see you here keeping the rest of us entertained than see you gone and get bored out of our minds.
Everybody loves the King's fool.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:40   #304
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Red XIII View Post
Exactly...so why do so many libertarians run as republicans...

If Ron Paul can (and does) get more votes simply running as a Republican, what does that tell you?

Most voters are idiots and vote Republican or Democrat.

Last edited by tantrix; 10-04-2012 at 02:41..
Old 10-04-2012, 02:41   #305
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
...Now can someone please go into great detail about how supporting Gary Johnson is really a vote for Obama?

It doesn't really. However, that does not excuse the fact that at this point in the game Third Party voters view themselves as kamikazee martyrs who are incapable of fathoming that politics is not an exact science. i.e., there will NEVER EVER be a perfect candidate. Everyone has clay feet. Quit waiting for a "messiah" and get in the game. It's always been the lesser of two evils and only a fool would fail to realize this and worse yet....only a cretin would view Obama as better than Romney when it comes to the economy or foreign policy for that matter.

Get your head in the game and vote this bum out!! With your vote Romney can win. Your country needs you!!

Last edited by Tiro Fijo; 10-04-2012 at 02:42..
Old 10-04-2012, 02:42   #306
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Red XIII View Post
Then why do they run as repubs only when it may benefit them?
I am not trying to be circular, just showing that they compromise their own beliefs when they think it'll help their political career, like 99.9999999+% of politicians.

Red
Lets say I start the woodstove-worshiping party. I run in the republican primaries because I know we have a 2 party system, and I think I have more in common with the repubs than I do the dems.
The repubs tell me I'm evil and they hate me. I get zero votes in the primaries. I don't support the repub party because they have nothing in common with me.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
Old 10-04-2012, 02:50   #307
frank4570
Feral human

Uh oh. Save Big Bird is going viral.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
Old 10-04-2012, 02:55   #308
lunarspeak

i could care less if obama wins or rommney....they ALL make these promises that the never keep...dont you guys realize its not really the rep vs the dems....its the ultra rich against the rest of us......wake up people

and if one more person mentions ron paul ill tear my eyes out......he will never be prez...stop dreaming
Old 10-04-2012, 03:06   #309
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
If Ron Paul can (and does) get more votes simply running as a Republican, what does that tell you?

Most voters are idiots and vote Republican or Democrat.
So in your opinion and according to your candidate performance (0.5% of the vote) this country has a population of 99.5% idiots and 0.5% geniuses like you.
Please tell me: how does it feel to be so smart?
Don't you feel lonely knowing that you cannot be understood by the idiots that surround you?
How about your family?
Statistically speaking if your all your family has twenty members, you are the only one who is not an idiot. Your mother, father, brothers, sisters, grandpa and grandma, even your uncles aunts and cousins are all idiots.
This must be very taxing on you. The solitude of a great thinker born one thousand years too early.
Well, at least you have the message boards to let us know how how privileged we are to have a virtual audience with you
Old 10-04-2012, 03:06   #310
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

After many elections, generally, the people/party that loses looks at voting patterns. Sometimes it is a wakeup call to them that their constituents are dissatisfied with their message, their work, their platform.

It is not my place to ridicule someone else for voting independent, or libertarian. I am proud to live in the United States of America, where I can freely cast AND DISCUSS who I am voting for,

versus where I come from, where voting can mean being told who to vote for, or being shot/killed for voting for the wrong person.

America. I love this place.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:07   #311
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarspeak View Post

and if one more person mentions ron paul ill tear my eyes out
Ron Paul.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:07   #312
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Uh oh. Save Big Bird is going viral.
Is that all they have?
Heh.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:08   #313
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
0.5%
That is all.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:15   #314
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

The left is weeping. They've been let down by their false God and can't believe Obama is a mere mortal who bleeds and not a deity.

Bill Maher :
Quote:
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Obama DOES need a teleprompter
Vanity Fair:
Quote:
Has Obama ever been this off his game?
Jonah Goldberg:
Quote:
MSNBC consensus seems Obama lost.
Nancy Cordes:
Quote:
CBS News Instapoll: 46% said Romney won. 22%said Obama won, 32% said tie. Decisive win for Romney.
Sam Feist (CNN):
Quote:
BREAKING: Results of CNN-ORC Post-Debate flash poll: Romney 67%, Obama 25%, +/- 4%.
Jan Crawford (CBS):
Quote:
Telling numbers: In CBS poll of uncommitted voters after debate, 56% say opinion of Romney changed for the better. 13% say that of Obama.
Andrew Sullivan, one of The One’s biggest fans, despairs:

Quote:
Look: you know how much I love the guy, and you know how much of a high information viewer I am, and I can see the logic of some of Obama’s meandering, weak, professorial arguments. But this was a disaster for the president for the key people he needs to reach, and his effete, wonkish lectures may have jolted a lot of independents into giving Romney a second look…
The person with authority on that stage was Romney – offered it by one of the lamest moderators ever, and seized with relish. This was Romney the salesman. And my gut tells me he sold a few voters on a change tonight. It’s beyond depressing. But it’s true.
According to Dave Weigel, Romney’s 67 percent in the CNN insta-poll is the highest number they’ve ever recorded after a debate.

The Okie Corral

Last edited by Zombie Surgeon; 10-04-2012 at 03:18..
Old 10-04-2012, 03:32   #315
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Surgeon View Post
So in your opinion and according to your candidate performance (0.5% of the vote) this country has a population of 99.5% idiots and 0.5% geniuses like you.
Don't you feel lonely knowing that you cannot be understood by the idiots that surround you?
How about your family?
Statistically speaking if your all your family has twenty members, you are the only one who is not an idiot. Your mother, father, brothers, sisters, grandpa and grandma, even your uncles aunts and cousins are all idiots.
This must be very taxing on you. The solitude of a great thinker born one thousand years too early.
Well, at least you have the message boards to let us know how how privileged we are to have a virtual audience with you

You seriously think that you have to be "smart" to see that both the Republicans and the Democrats have failed this country since the dawn of time?

Well, at least your post did something...it explains exactly why we're in the shape we're in.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:38   #316
sourdough44

The floor got mopped up last night!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:59   #317
Beretta92guy

Mitt Romney "billy clubbed" Obama.....LOVED IT
Old 10-04-2012, 07:16   #318
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Obama got Mitt-slapped.

Its bad when every news organization, including MSNBC is saying Romney won the debate and will probably surge ahead.

Up next the VP Debate. Seriously unless Ryan has a stroke and suffers brain damage there is no way he is losing to Biden.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:16   #319
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
No, voting and choice of vote are paramount to the freedoms in this country. One could argue the bankers of old created the two party political system, this is a matter of debated opinion, but most assuredly it is a hands down fact that wall street and bankers take huge advantage of the two party system.

Simply put, if sheeple didn't allow there only being two, "mainstream" political parties in this country, and did so with their votes, we might have had a chance to fix what ails this country.
Yeah, because having a 28 party system like in Italy is SOOOO much better. Wow. That would be great. EVERY election, you wouldn't know who won because then the parties have to get together to hash all that out. It'd be 2000 over and over and over again.

The 2-party system isn't perfect, but look around the world. It's actually the best one so far - hence the reason we use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
YOUR logic sir, is absurd. I'm voting for RP. Therefore my vote goes to RP and NO ONE else. Its fact.
Anderson - Reagan

Perot - Clinton

Nader - Bush II

Yeah, those 3rd party candidates get valid votes. Depending on your state (my vote is a throw-away here), your vote is either irrelevant or a vote for Obama. Nothing ever more.

I understand your stance. But it just doesn't work. But I commend you for trying and will not take your right to vote for whom you want away from you.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:33   #320
mgs
Always Carrying

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
The fact that Romney didn't need to constantly refer to his notes to keep his statements in line was a telling visual as well. Romney looked like the professor who knows the material cold, while Obama came off as a grad student trying to work his way through his first teaching class.

This one was a massacre.
You have to be smart/educated to be a businessman. You only have to be a good liar to be a community organizer....but the lies do catch up to you eventually.

Last edited by mgs; 10-04-2012 at 07:34..
Old 10-04-2012, 07:49   #321
M&P15T
Beard One

I watched the first few mintues, saw Romney look more Presidential, Obama looked beat-down. Then I shut it off and went to bed, because I think they're both horse ****.

Romney will get my vote, but only because he's the lesser of two morons. And because Obama Care and quantitative easing needs to be stopped cold.

Last edited by M&P15T; 10-04-2012 at 07:50..
Old 10-04-2012, 07:54   #322
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Watching two idiots argue and nobody actually proposing a solution...good thing I'm voting for neither.
Obama thanks you too.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:55   #323
Hicksville Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Bagins View Post
Obama got Mitt-slapped.

Its bad when every news organization, including MSNBC is saying Romney won the debate and will probably surge ahead.

Up next the VP Debate. Seriously unless Ryan has a stroke and suffers brain damage there is no way he is losing to Biden.
I don't know if Biden has had a stroke, but I do know he is brain damaged. Severely.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:56   #324
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
Then who are you going to make up non-obtuse arguments against about make believe probabilities, scales, thank you cards from Obama supporters and all the other laser precise brilliant apothegms you Romney guys come up with? Tell me who is going to make these great voting mathematical advances if obtuse indirect Obama single beam scale tipping supporters don't spur the brilliance along. This election is too important.

Now can someone please go into great detail about how supporting Gary Johnson is really a vote for Obama?
You cannot be serious.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:56   #325
frank4570
Feral human

He says he will sign a new Assault Weapons Ban and you think he's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Surgeon View Post
How about your family?

Closed Thread