GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 21:49   #51
SARDG
Senior Member
 
SARDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Florida's Left Coast
Posts: 7,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebob View Post
You should if you do it right you can fell the primer going in sideways. One of the reasons why you have a couple of sized and primed cases sitting off to the side to take that case place.
Yeah I feel it and sub a pre-primed case sitting there, to keep the press rolling.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:56   #52
cookselk
Senior Member
 
cookselk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryandover View Post
Eric, you may have to buy a shed to store them in.
I'm going to have to, my wife would'nt like it if I made her park outside so I could store primers on her side of the garage, my side is already full with bullets and powder.
__________________
So many guns.......so little money.
cookselk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:10   #53
Roadkill_751
5 or 6 rounds?
 
Roadkill_751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa5 View Post
Also, the mount needs to be tightened every so often.

When you disassemble and reassemble your gun and mount, be sure you use the blue Loctite for keeping the screws tight, as they will and can be loosen by the recoil of the gun.

I also use Federal Primers.

Just my $.02 worth of information. YMMV
__________________
"When there's lead in the air... there's hope in the heart." Jansen Jones, Team Noveske Shooting Team
Roadkill_751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:16   #54
Melissa5
Senior Member
 
Melissa5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NE Georgia
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill_751 View Post
When you disassemble and reassemble your gun and mount, be sure you use the blue Loctite for keeping the screws tight, as they will and can be loosen by the recoil of the gun.
Thanks Roadkill_751! I'll give that a try.
__________________
John 3:16
Melissa5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 14:32   #55
stak
Senior Member
 
stak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookselk View Post
I had mine lowered as well, it will once in a very great while do what yours did and have a case jam between the slide and mount.
Is there any reason you wouldn't mount it further back so that it doesn't interfere with ejection?
stak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 15:19   #56
unclebob
Senior Member
 
unclebob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Mary Esther FL
Posts: 6,641
GSSF

Easy way to take care of that problem.
__________________
Team Carver Custom
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Benefactor Life Member
GSSF Life Member
___________________________________________
unclebob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 20:15   #57
girphoto
Senior Member
 
girphoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In hot sunny SE Florida
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
Yeah I feel it and sub a pre-primed case sitting there, to keep the press rolling.
Hi Kitty

This is a busy time for me in work and I will be showing some new guns that I have been working on in a few days....
Stand By...
I will see you in Jan n St pete, and feb in Orlando
Gary
__________________
NRA Life, Certified Glock Armorer, GSSF,Steel Challenge, SASS,COTEP,USPSA
girphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 21:22   #58
SARDG
Senior Member
 
SARDG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Florida's Left Coast
Posts: 7,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by girphoto View Post
Hi Kitty

...I will see you in Jan n St pete, and feb in Orlando

Gary
You betcha. Mobile next weekend, then nothing until [Clearwater].
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:09   #59
km625
Member
 
km625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Marcellus NY
Posts: 93
Hello All:

Looks like my Unlimited Glock/Steel Shooting gun is going
to be based on a G-17C. No real advantage to starting with
a ported Glock (except the sweet price on a new one), but
I've never owned or fired one and curiosity has gotten the
better of me.

KM 13108
km625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:41   #60
njl
Senior Member
 
njl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 9,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by km625 View Post
Hello All:

Looks like my Unlimited Glock/Steel Shooting gun is going
to be based on a G-17C. No real advantage to starting with
a ported Glock (except the sweet price on a new one), but
I've never owned or fired one and curiosity has gotten the
better of me.

KM 13108
The biggest difference is the soot it'll deposit on your front sight.
__________________
what guns?
Lifetime GSSF & NRA.
njl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:26   #61
Melissa5
Senior Member
 
Melissa5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NE Georgia
Posts: 1,509
Just wanted to post that I ran my racegun in a USPSA match this weekend and only had one malf and that was caused by my limpwristing while shooting weak hand. So, I think the EGW U die and decreasing the OAL fixed the problem of getting cases stuck in the chamber. Now, do I want to leave it alone or change the springs so that it will also shoot factory loads without light strikes? Not sure if I want to keep it or sell it.

Hopefully, I'll have my new Carver .40 caliber spacegun by the end of the month.
__________________
John 3:16
Melissa5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 19:44   #62
__jb
Senior Member
 
__jb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa5 View Post
Just wanted to post that I ran my racegun in a USPSA match this weekend and only had one malf and that was caused by my limpwristing while shooting weak hand. So, I think the EGW U die and decreasing the OAL fixed the problem of getting cases stuck in the chamber. Now, do I want to leave it alone or change the springs so that it will also shoot factory loads without light strikes? Not sure if I want to keep it or sell it.

Hopefully, I'll have my new Carver .40 caliber spacegun by the end of the month.
If you're just concerned about light strikes, you could also switch to a striker with an extended tip... I have used lightweight Jager strikers with good results.
__________________
Florida Glocker #153
Glock Certified Armorer
GSSF Member
__jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 20:24   #63
Gun Nutt
Member
 
Gun Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 27
I just couldn't see spending a couple grand to make a race gun so I went the cheapest route possible. I took a gen3 17 and found a fab defense gis glock tactical scope mount and a off brand but very similar to the barska electro dot sight and this is what I ended up with so far. Next will be a mag well and a LWD match grade barrel that's threaded and a comp to finish it off. All in all I've spent $72.00 to get it this far. Just call me a tight wad.


Tim
Attached Thumbnails
GSSF - Click for larger version  
Gun Nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:10   #64
mike g35
RACEGUN SHOOTER
 
mike g35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Charleston W.V.
Posts: 2,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Nutt View Post
I just couldn't see spending a couple grand to make a race gun so I went the cheapest route possible. I took a gen3 17 and found a fab defense gis glock tactical scope mount and a off brand but very similar to the barska electro dot sight and this is what I ended up with so far. Next will be a mag well and a LWD match grade barrel that's threaded and a comp to finish it off. All in all I've spent $72.00 to get it this far. Just call me a tight wad.


Tim
You're a tightwad!!!! LMAO Just kiddin'!!!!




Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
__________________
Carver Custom Team
GSSF, USPSA, NRA
www.bb-enterprise.biz
mike g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:22.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,194
394 Members
800 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42