Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 20:49   #101
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
He was talking notes (honestly, he was)...but that was not the right thing to do. It made it LOOK like he was beaten, looking at his shoes, mad....

Optics matter.
The fact that Romney didn't need to constantly refer to his notes to keep his statements in line was a telling visual as well. Romney looked like the professor who knows the material cold, while Obama came off as a grad student trying to work his way through his first teaching class.

This one was a massacre.
Old 10-03-2012, 20:50   #102
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
It will come down to who (or what) tallies the votes.
Go away, just go away. You are wrong, your ideas are wrong, and you have ruined your life with this tin foil mantra that you are stuck on.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Old 10-03-2012, 20:50   #103
GlockPistola

Quote:
I dont see it.

I think it is like a damned pep rally, you are biased to the guy you want to win.

It sounds like two people saying much of the same thing with a mild disagreement.

Romney must attack the last 4 years, ATTACK. Instead he is trying to educate people and defend his positions. No one wants to be educated, they want a show. F'ing gut him man....eviscerate what is one of the worst records ever.

They both suck, it all sucks. I weep for what was once the Republic.

Of course, I will hold my nose and vote for Romney. He will manage the decay better.
Amen Rabbi!
Old 10-03-2012, 20:50   #104
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
He was talking notes (honestly, he was)...but that was not the right thing to do. It made it LOOK like he was beaten, looking at his shoes, mad....

Optics matter.
Appearances matter too.
Liberals are fuming over Obama's pathetic performance.
Now on MSNBC Reverend. (not so) Sharpton is calling for Mittens to be prosecuted for perjury.

Old 10-03-2012, 20:51   #105
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Fox had the split screen thing going... barry looked off as far as his general demeanor. In fact, his face tonight continually looked uncannily similar to the expression he displayed when he spoke to "joe the plumber" for the very first.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-03-2012 at 20:51..
Old 10-03-2012, 20:52   #106
Altaris

Quote:
I dont see it.

I think it is like a damned pep rally, you are biased to the guy you want to win.

It sounds like two people saying much of the same thing with a mild disagreement.

Romney must attack the last 4 years, ATTACK. Instead he is trying to educate people and defend his positions. No one wants to be educated, they want a show. F'ing gut him man....eviscerate what is one of the worst records ever.

They both suck, it all sucks. I weep for what was once the Republic.

Of course, I will hold my nose and vote for Romney. He will manage the decay better.

I agree. Both seemed more center than normal, without having any huge disagreements/arguments.
Old 10-03-2012, 20:52   #107
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
That's a moronic thing to say.
Reality and you are two parallel lines.
Old 10-03-2012, 20:53   #108
Altaris

Quote:
Mathews..MATHEWS just said "Romney was winning"
wait...what?!?!
Old 10-03-2012, 20:54   #109
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
I agree. Both seemed more center than normal, without having any huge disagreements/arguments.
In spite of the high fiving *we* have going on now because of Romney's performance, yes, that is true, it was a shockingly centrist debate on both parties. The both came to the middle.

It makes sense as they are both looking for the undecided middle. They were not pandering to the base. Although, I think it is important that they do, because they still need to get the base to the polls.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Old 10-03-2012, 20:54   #110
meathead19

Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
That's fair. I like that Romney is playing on multiple levels and to different groups quite smoothly.

No doubt MSNBC, CNN, Reuter et al will declare Obama the unanimous winner by back points if not by pin.
Actually, they don't approve of dear leaders performance.
Old 10-03-2012, 20:54   #111
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Go away, just go away. You are wrong, your ideas are wrong, and you have ruined your life with this tin foil mantra that you are stuck on.
Win....
Old 10-03-2012, 20:55   #112
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Surgeon View Post
It's over. Mittens win hands down.
I doubt even the CNN / MSNBC journolists will have the nerve to claim Obama cam up on top.

I wish I knew you in person. I'd love to bet you money on that.

Everyone I know in person loves to talk the big talk, but when they say Romney is going to win, I tell them "Let's put 200$ on it..." then all of a sudden they aren't so confident and start to him haw.

I figure, if a clown for a president is going to win, I might as well make some money off it.
Old 10-03-2012, 20:55   #113
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Meh... send me a pm and stop trying to draw attention to yourself. Wow rabbi, there is someone on an internet thread that an insecure narcissist like you don't care for. Oh yeah... that's worth hijacking a thread over.

Not. Take it to pm or drop it.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
Old 10-03-2012, 20:56   #114
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead19 View Post
Actually, they don't approve of dear leaders performance.
Well, right now, they are selling that Obama was gentlemanly and reserved preserving his personal likability.
Old 10-03-2012, 20:56   #115
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
wait...what?!?!
He did. He was not happy about it. He was in the verge of tears (really) and very angry. Almost foaming at the mouth angry.

MSNBC is an unhappy place right now. If nothing else, that makes me real happy.

Old 10-03-2012, 20:57   #116
Detectorist

50%-60% of the voters vote on appearances, not issues. It was important that Romney not appear to be beating up on Obama.

Folks here underestimate Romney.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Detectorist; 10-03-2012 at 20:59..
Old 10-03-2012, 20:57   #117
Altaris

Quote:
He did. He was not happy about it. He was in the verge of tears (really) and very angry. Almost foaming at the mouth angry.

MSNBC is an unhappy place right now. If nothing else, that makes me real happy.
So no funny feeling in his leg this time?
Old 10-03-2012, 20:58   #118
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Lots of heads exploding at MS-LSD...err...MSNBC

Old 10-03-2012, 20:58   #119
G36's Rule

Quote:
Meh... send me a pm and stop trying to draw attention to yourself. Wow rabbi, there is someone on an internet thread that an insecure narcissist like you don't care for. Oh yeah... that's worth hijacking a thread over.

You have the gall to call Rabbi a narcissist?

Old 10-03-2012, 20:58   #120
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:

You simply dont live in reality. You drop the "it only matters who is counting the ballots..." in the thread and accuse me of being the hijacker?

You are a buffoon of the highest order but I bet the view from your planet is awesome.

Old 10-03-2012, 21:00   #121
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
You have the gall to call Rabbi a narcissist?

I am that and more....but I am not often wrong.

Old 10-03-2012, 21:00   #122
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Reality and you are two parallel lines.
No, voting and choice of vote are paramount to the freedoms in this country. One could argue the bankers of old created the two party political system, this is a matter of debated opinion, but most assuredly it is a hands down fact that wall street and bankers take huge advantage of the two party system.

Simply put, if sheeple didn't allow there only being two, "mainstream" political parties in this country, and did so with their votes, we might have had a chance to fix what ails this country.

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 10-03-2012 at 21:01..
Old 10-03-2012, 21:02   #123
Zombie Surgeon
MODELATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detectorist View Post
50%-60% of the voters vote on appearances, not issues. It was important that Romney not appear to be beating up on Obama.

Folks here under estimate Romney.
+100.
Romney was presidential and in control of the debate without looking mean and aggressive.
Obama looked like a kid caught stealing who is looking at his shoes. Even when he was talking all I was really hearing him say was "it's not my fault, I didn't do it"
Old 10-03-2012, 21:03   #124
G36's Rule

Quote:
I am that and more....but I am not often wrong.
We all have some narcissist tendencies, but for PW to make that call is just hilarious. PW is narcissism incarnate.
Old 10-03-2012, 21:05   #125
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

Quote:
Lots of heads exploding at MS-LSD...err...MSNBC

The Chosen one got spanked BAD!

Even Lefty Bill Maher On Twitter didnt have much good to say about obammy....."weak"

Looks like Obammies talking points and blame back fired...Tough with out a teleprompter!

Lemming rats should be jumping ship soon.....or start the "Theyre both the same" Horse Cr@aap

Last edited by LASTRESORT20; 10-03-2012 at 21:06..
Closed Thread