SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-03-2012, 14:38   #51
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Admit that the Tea Party is the proper counterweight to the Democrats and join up.
Old 10-03-2012, 14:45   #52
RCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
Admit that the Tea Party is the proper counterweight to the Democrats and join up.
Wont happen. They made sure to squash any hope of grassroots movements such as the tea party taking hold at this years GOP convention.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 14:46   #53
Landmonster

Romney will win.
Landmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 17:30   #54
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landmonster View Post
Romney will win.
You didn't read the OP, you failed.
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:08   #55
Hawaiiglock

Estimated US voter base

There are an estimated 201.5 million citizens over the age of 18 that are eligible to vote

Out of those 201.5 million people

72 million are registered Democrat

55 million are registered Republican

42 million are unregistered (third/minor party)

32.5 million may/ may not vote, or just don't care

I believe that the majority of the country has a right leaning view when it comes to the economic and political (heck, even 2A and immigration) issues but when it comes down to certain social issues the majority do not see eye to eye with the Republican party. If the Republicans want to have a fighting chance then they need to evolve with the changing times. It's 2012, not 1940, gay people, inter-racial relationships, different religions, different outlooks on life, etc are all common place and those people are not going to vote for a party that they feel discriminates against them. There is approximately a 75 million voter pool (probably some from the Democratic party too) that the Republican party could dip into if they were smart.
Hawaiiglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:19   #56
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiglock View Post
Estimated US voter base

There are an estimated 201.5 million citizens over the age of 18 that are eligible to vote

I believe that the majority of the country has a right leaning view when it comes to the economic and political (heck, even 2A and immigration) issues but when it comes down to certain social issues the majority do not see eye to eye with the Republican party. If the Republicans want to have a fighting chance then they need to evolve with the changing times. It's 2012, not 1940, gay people, inter-racial relationships, different religions, different outlooks on life, etc are all common place and those people are not going to vote for a party that they feel discriminates against them. There is approximately a 75 million voter pool (probably some from the Democratic party too) that the Republican party could dip into if they were smart.

I like to call that the Libertarian Party but I've got inside information that Republicans hate us and think we throw away our votes so **** them.

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:19   #57
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

**** them twice and best of luck with their weak ass candidate.

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:40   #58
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
**** them twice and best of luck with their weak ass candidate.
Amen. The hell with both of the Goldman Sachs candidates.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:58   #59
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

It's the center that wins elections and which ever party lands them wins. Talk all you want about energizing the far right base to take over the GOP, but that'll turn off a hell of a lot more voters than it turns on. Same story for the far left.

The monkey wrench in the whole deal is entitlements of various sorts and people tend to vote to not lose theirs. He who seriously tries to reform Social Security/Medicare pisses off a lot of people, many of whom don't even (and perhaps never will) collect much of it. In my eyes, that brings the center leftward.

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
oldgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 19:03   #60
turretg

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy View Post
What a dumb thread, the vote hasn't even happened yet and you've counted Romney out, way to go. You must buy into everything the liberal media spins. He's not my first pick but I'd vote for one of my work boots before I'd vote for this current idiot. I can't hardly find anyone here, much less others that I talk to here in N.C, that are voting for the "chosen one".
You said it perfectly, I'll second it and I can't add anything more.
Old 10-03-2012, 19:13   #61
frank4570
Feral human

I absolutely agree. But I think what the republicans will actually do is try to be more fiscally liberal like the other team, but try to take the moral high ground to appease the christians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiglock View Post
Estimated US voter base

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 19:18   #62
The Machinist
No Compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
I like to call that the Libertarian Party but I've got inside information that Republicans hate us and think we throw away our votes so **** them.
Right on!
Old 10-03-2012, 19:42   #63
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Obarry already said he was goign to lose the debates because he's not good at it.
Old 10-04-2012, 00:49   #64
MarinePride

Go the way of the Whig Party.
MarinePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:57   #65
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
What should the GOP do after a Romney loss?
Try giving us a candidate that's actually worth voting for, preferably someone not as phony and see-through as Romney.

What's brown and rhymes with Mitt....
Old 10-04-2012, 03:08   #66
USAF96815

What should the GOP IF Romney loses?

Hide their guns as Barry will come for them.

It amazes me that anyone that loves the 2nd Amend would even consider voting for Barry.
USAF96815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:34   #67
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF96815 View Post
It amazes me that anyone that loves the 2nd Amend would even consider voting for Barry.
What amazes me more is that gun owners think Romney won't come for them as well.
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:01   #68
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
What amazes me more is that gun owners think Romney won't come for them as well.
I agree. Just look at his position on gun control as Governor of Massachusetts. That should tell them something. If he really cared about people Second Amendment rights, he would have done more and been more vocal about 2A right all these years.

What's more is when he was asked if he would sign another assault weapons ban if came across his desk as president, he said yes.

He's a no go.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:01   #69
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF96815 View Post
What should the GOP IF Romney loses?

Hide their guns as Barry will come for them.

I agree.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:19   #70
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
Wont happen. They made sure to squash any hope of grassroots movements such as the tea party taking hold at this years GOP convention.
That video still angers me. The RNC is corrupt.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:33   #71
Narkcop

What he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy View Post
What a dumb thread, the vote hasn't even happened yet and you've counted Romney out, way to go. You must buy into everything the liberal media spins. He's not my first pick but I'd vote for one of my work boots before I'd vote for this current idiot. I can't hardly find anyone here, much less others that I talk to here in N.C, that are voting for the "chosen one".
Narkcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:45   #72
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
It is indefensibly ignroant and anti-Science.
It's quite counter to your assertions. Clinton was the master of triangulation and even he didn't want to get into the public policy morass of embryonic stem cell research...especially when the science doesn't show any advantage over plain old umbilical stem cell research.

So I'm not seeing how it's ignorant, especially when opinions on abortion are pretty well split 50/50 and not exclusively out of religious conviction.

Quote:
Well, you've already pointed out Global Warming. Paul Ryan is a creationist, which is a big hit against the ticket. Their energy policy is antiquated, almost backward.
Global warming is a fraud perpetuated by anti-freedom activists. Trying to say that's "science" is about akin to giving serious credence to phrenology.

Inre Ryan, are you trying to tell me the excellent Paul Ryan is off your list because of his religion? More to the point, how specifically is Ryan's religion a centerpiece to the ticket? I'd also mention that hey, Obama professes to be a Christian which by definition makes him a creationist as well....

And based on his performance last night, Romney's energy policy is anything but backward. It is eminently reasonable to be against pouring $90 billion into failed green energy companies, especially when the technology isn't there to make it feasible.

So again, your explanations aren't making it clear how purging social conservatives from the GOP is a "solution" to a Romney loss. Romney isn't running as a social conservative, and the major knock against him from the right has tended to be his *lack* of social conservative cred. He's running as a fiscal conservative.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:05   #73
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Amen. The hell with both of the Goldman Sachs candidates.
The reality is you'll get one of them regardless. Then no matter which, next round you will get another, and another. It has never been any other way.

Unless someone is kool-aid drinking moron, politics isn't about picking the perfect candidate or someone you even like, it's about picking the one that will frak over your pocketbook less.

That is the game and you'll never convince enough people to change it.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:12   #74
wjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
The Tea Party still has a lot of influence at the Senate, House and State levels. If we can re-take the Senate and hold or advance in the House, it would be a fail-safe to an Obama victory.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -

Last edited by wjv; 10-04-2012 at 10:13..
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:14   #75
wjv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Try giving us a candidate that's actually worth voting for, preferably someone not as phony and see-through as Romney.

What's brown and rhymes with Mitt....
If you can't see the differences between 'O' and Mitt, and the potential long term impacts on this Country, I feel sorry for you.

Go vote for whom ever you want, but then don't complain about Obama when he wins again, because you will have helped put him back in office.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -

Last edited by wjv; 10-04-2012 at 10:16..
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote