GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 13:45   #26
Gregg702
Gold Membership
 
 
Gregg702's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Do you think that the heat was enough to melt the beams?
Yes, because it was.
__________________
Shooting guns in the following calibers: .22lr, 38spl, 9x19mm, .357 magnum, .40 S&W, .45ACP, 5.7x28mm, 5.56x45mm, 6.8SPC, 12 Gauge
Gregg702 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 13:51   #27
G36's Rule
Senior Member
 
G36's Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Spring, TX.
Posts: 14,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Do you think that the heat was enough to melt the beams?
Melt, no. It doesn't have to melt to collapse. The heat weakened the beams enough to collapse.
G36's Rule is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 13:54   #28
Gregg702
Gold Membership
 
 
Gregg702's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
Melt, no. It doesn't have to melt to collapse. The heat weakened the beams enough to collapse.
Thanks, that is what I meant. The support beams were weakened severely.
__________________
Shooting guns in the following calibers: .22lr, 38spl, 9x19mm, .357 magnum, .40 S&W, .45ACP, 5.7x28mm, 5.56x45mm, 6.8SPC, 12 Gauge
Gregg702 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 13:56   #29
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape
 
SC Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 6,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiGregg View Post
Because all of the actual evidence says they are wrong. Physics and thermodynamics also say they are wrong.
Don't forget logic.
__________________
Hug your barking irons as the Devil hugs a witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now  
Old 10-03-2012, 13:58   #30
dango
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,547
I just want to come here and thank all of the non-believers.
I do want you to know this because the less people believe
the better my chances and my family to survive this whole mess!

I spent the better part of three months of non-biased research.
Numbers,history events,cause and effect and found many scary
and interesting things.

I've been dealing with some medical issues and been layed up with really nothing better to do for over nine months.

You don't have the time so I won't waist it but thank you !
dango is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 13:58   #31
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape
 
SC Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 6,997
The truth has been revealed.

The theory that 9/11 was a government plot is in fact a government plot. All of the experts are actually government agents. The idea behind it is to make the American people believe that the government is actually capable of a conspiracy of this magnitude.

The whole plot was working until one 4th grader took a dump in a urninal. The subsequent investigation revealed the truth.
__________________
Hug your barking irons as the Devil hugs a witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now  
Old 10-03-2012, 13:59   #32
CincyRed
Member
 
CincyRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando
Posts: 25
I might not know a lot. But, I do know this, if more than one person knows something, there is no secret. There is NO WAY that the amount of people that would need to be in on this conspiracy, could keep a secret. Way too many books would be published. Also, I find it hard to believe that you could find a considerable group of people that would be needed and willing to blow up the towers, and not ONE of them later on have a change of heart and confess.
CincyRed is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:01   #33
Gregg702
Gold Membership
 
 
Gregg702's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
The truth has been revealed.

The theory that 9/11 was a government plot is in fact a government plot. All of the experts are actually government agents. The idea behind it is to make the American people believe that the government is actually capable of a conspiracy of this magnitude.

The whole plot was working until one 4th grader took a dump in a urninal. The subsequent investigation revealed the truth.
I'm getting such a raging clue right now, lets follow it...
__________________
Shooting guns in the following calibers: .22lr, 38spl, 9x19mm, .357 magnum, .40 S&W, .45ACP, 5.7x28mm, 5.56x45mm, 6.8SPC, 12 Gauge
Gregg702 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:04   #34
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic
 
Diesel McBadass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,850
Great episode.
__________________
Rest In Peace Silent_Runner.
Diesel McBadass is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:04   #35
dango
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyRed View Post
I might not know a lot. But, I do know this, if more than one person knows something, there is no secret. There is NO WAY that the amount of people that would need to be in on this conspiracy, could keep a secret. Way too many books would be published. Also, I find it hard to believe that you could find a considerable group of people that would be needed and willing to blow up the towers, and not ONE of them later on have a change of heart and confess.
That confession does not take place until a man is dieing and trying to make peace with his maker and himself ! And nobody will get to hear it anyway!
dango is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:09   #36
NIB
Senior Member
 
NIB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lost Angeles
Posts: 3,066
Reminds me of the video where the guy had conclusively proved that 9/11 was an inside job by recreating the towers with chicken wire and a small cup of burning fuel.
NIB is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:09   #37
CincyRed
Member
 
CincyRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
That confession does not take place until a man is dieing and trying to make peace with his maker and himself ! And nobody will get to hear it anyway!
What about the amount of people needed to accomplish something of this magnitude? No way that many people remain secretive, even before their death bed.
CincyRed is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:14   #38
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.
 
NeverMore1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Amarillo, Tx
Posts: 27,538
ohgodnotthiscrapagain
__________________
And if we should die tonight
We should all die together
Raise a glass of wine
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:17   #39
Ragnar
Senior Member
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sometimes here, sometimes there
Posts: 11,720


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Yes, it is a rather long video, but, does it bother you that there is a cover up of a government massacre on it's own people?
What bothers me is that there are people out there who can't think critically enough to recognize the BS in the conspirowhacko sites.
Ragnar is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:18   #40
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,642
unfastened coins on youtube.

I'll post it up once I get home.


Basically, the titanic was a conspiracy

Metal > Ice

Vikings sailed in wooden ships, but they never sunk due to ice

Ice melts faster than metal. It shows an experiment where the ice completely melts, and the bowl of metal barely melts at all!

And the most disturbing part of it all, is when he does the reenactment of the titanic in his bathtub!

It's all a conspiracy plotted by Atheists to sink the titanic! and to trick people!
OctoberRust is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:19   #41
jp3975
Senior Member
 
jp3975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texarkana, Tx
Posts: 6,378
Beware Owner...

We've had this thread before. People provided evidence that without a doubt disproved the conspiracy theories. Only peace warrior kept arguing with logic.

Our two resident physicist said its stupid. That should be enough.

If someone wants to post a link to the thread, you can see the debate. The one's saying conspiracy quickly disappeared accept Peace Warrior...and he obviously lost on the debate.

I'll bet you think that the Pentagon wasnt hit by a plane too, eh?
jp3975 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:20   #42
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.
 
Beware Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3975 View Post
Beware Owner...

We've had this thread before. People provided evidence that without a doubt disproved the conspiracy theories. Only peace warrior kept arguing with logic.

Our two resident physicist said its stupid. That should be enough.

If someone wants to post a link to the thread, you can see the debate. The one's saying conspiracy quickly disappeared accept Peace Warrior...and he obviously lost on the debate.

I'll bet you think that the Pentagon wasnt hit by a plane too, eh?
I'd say that I haven't seen evidence of it.
__________________
Free men have arms; slaves do not. Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.
Criminals for Gun Control
Myth: Gun Control Reduces Crime
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:21   #43
Ragnar
Senior Member
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sometimes here, sometimes there
Posts: 11,720


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
So the architects and engineers that know that this was an implosion have rotten brains, too?
I would note that we've been thru this before. There are about 1/10 of 1% that believe that. The rest don't.

As soon as you can show explosive residues, det cord fragments, and explain how the teams would have placed explosives over a several week period while ripping out walls and weakening structural supports (which is what it takes to prep a building for implosion) then I'll listen. Oh, and include in your theory how the explosives and assorted wiring survived the impact from the airplanes.
Ragnar is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:21   #44
Gregg702
Gold Membership
 
 
Gregg702's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3975 View Post
Beware Owner...

We've had this thread before. People provided evidence that without a doubt disproved the conspiracy theories. Only peace warrior kept arguing with logic.

Our two resident physicist said its stupid. That should be enough.

If someone wants to post a link to the thread, you can see the debate. The one's saying conspiracy quickly disappeared accept Peace Warrior...and he obviously lost on the debate.

I'll bet you think that the Pentagon wasnt hit by a plane too, eh?
Everyone knows it was a missle made with airplane parts and utilizing hologram technology.
__________________
Shooting guns in the following calibers: .22lr, 38spl, 9x19mm, .357 magnum, .40 S&W, .45ACP, 5.7x28mm, 5.56x45mm, 6.8SPC, 12 Gauge
Gregg702 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:24   #45
Gregg702
Gold Membership
 
 
Gregg702's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
I'd say that I haven't seen evidence of it.
That is because you want to see a conspiracy so that you are "in the know" while everyone else is just a "sheep". The evidence is out there, and it makes sense.
__________________
Shooting guns in the following calibers: .22lr, 38spl, 9x19mm, .357 magnum, .40 S&W, .45ACP, 5.7x28mm, 5.56x45mm, 6.8SPC, 12 Gauge
Gregg702 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:35   #46
jp3975
Senior Member
 
jp3975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texarkana, Tx
Posts: 6,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
I'd say that I haven't seen evidence of it.
Well, here you go. Since youre wrong about this, consider that you are wrong about the rest.

Saying that planes never hit the pentagon is a popular thing for the conspiracy folks to state. Easily disproved.



http://rense.com/general32/phot.htm
jp3975 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:42   #47
Ragnar
Senior Member
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sometimes here, sometimes there
Posts: 11,720


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Explain.
WTC 1 was 1368 ft tall and weighed about 500,000 tons. It had 110 floors, and was hit at the 93-99th floors. The impact took out some of the outer support columns but the fire is what really did it.

Imagine that the steel supports connecting the floors to the center tube are heated to approx 750-800C but the jet fuel and other materials already inside the building. The steel starts to lose strength around 425C and loses 50% of its strength around 650C. Now, the floor supports have weak points where they are attached to the center tube and some have lost half or more of their strength. With the outer columns compromised by impact, there is nearly an entire side whose load has to be transferred to the intact supports. This increases considerably the load on the remaining supports, which are also at half or less of their design strength.

So when all that happens and you've got 50,000-plus tons of building on top of it (the floors from 100 up) that gravity is pulling down, you get a catastrophic collapse. That the building pancaked and fell more or less straight down is no surprise given the tube in a tube construction of the building.

WTC 2 was hit lower (around the 77-85th floors) and had more weight above the impact site, which is why it fell after only 56 minutes (WTC 1 took 102 minutes to fall).
Ragnar is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 14:46   #48
Ragnar
Senior Member
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sometimes here, sometimes there
Posts: 11,720


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Do you think that the heat was enough to melt the beams?
No it wasn't. And no competent engineer or physicist has ever said the steel melted.

The steel in the buildings would start to lose strength around 425C. At around 650C the steel would have lost about 50% of its strength. The fires are assessed to have reached 750-800C, not enough to melt steel, but more than hot enough to weaken it enough to compromise the structure.
Ragnar is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 15:16   #49
dango
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyRed View Post
What about the amount of people needed to accomplish something of this magnitude? No way that many people remain secretive, even before their death bed.
Do some research and notice the numbers who have been found dead,witnesses and such and if nothing else it should make you think.
dango is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 15:29   #50
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
I don't feel bad for the Americans dying in wars regardless of where or why the war. It's never a case of imminent danger to the U.S. anymore. Always just more meddling in the affairs of other countries and the blowback that results from that. Anybody that wants to sign on to take the risk of dying in that political mess is as free to do so as somebody that wants to go base jumping or cave diving. I don't cry for those guys when they die either.
Gunhaver is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:27.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,209
352 Members
857 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42