GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 11:04   #126
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,173
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Funny. I see lots of speed and not so much kill. On public roads none the less.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
it's not the speed, it's the sudden unintended stopping that kills.
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:09   #127
GVFlyer
Senior Member
 
GVFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Somewhere in the air.
Posts: 6,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Funny. I see lots of speed and not so much kill. On public roads none the less.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
You're cheating Dana, you live in Germany.

When I lived there I could safely and easily average 100 mph (or better) on a trip from, say, Heidelberg to Wien, Österreich including the Zoll and Esso stops.
__________________
The Truth Only Hurts If It Should.

http://www.specialops.org/
GVFlyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:13   #128
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,804


Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
You're cheating Dana, you live in Germany.

When I lived there I could safely and easily average 100 mph (or better) on a trip from, say, Heidelberg to Wien, Österreich including the Zoll and Esso stops.
Okay, I'll buy that. Most Americans can't drive to save their lives. But then that doesn't explain your choice of a motorcycle with mediocre brakes and handling. If safety is so paramount then why don't you get a motorcycle that is more agile, more maneuverable and better braking & handling skills?

No, I'm not talking about crotch rockets either. Just a plain old standard motorcycle with decent power, decent chassis and decent brakes.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:13   #129
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I seriously doubt it. Your geezer glide probably wheezes its way up to 55-MPH.
1900 V-Twin pushing out 125ft/lbs. What does your little toy put out again?
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:22   #130
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,804


Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
1900 V-Twin pushing out 125ft/lbs. What does your little toy put out again?
6-HP out of a 50-cc displacement. All muscles and no fat like yours.

A 1900-cc engine that barely puts out 125-lbft of torque. I noticed that you didn't even bother to post the horsepower.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:24   #131
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
6-HP out of a 50-cc displacement. All muscles and no fat like yours.

A 1900-cc engine that barely puts out 125-lbft of torque. I noticed that you didn't even bother to post the horsepower.

I hear the same line of crap from every little 17 year old ricer driving a Honda on the road. Wanna know what they and you have in common? You're in my rearview mirrors.

Last edited by John Rambo; 10-03-2012 at 13:24..
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:28   #132
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,804


Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
I hear the same line of crap from every little 17 year old ricer driving a Honda on the road. Wanna know what they and you have in common? You're in my rearview mirrors.
Who do you race with your geezer glide? Bicylists?
__________________
Can you dig it?

Last edited by fnfalman; 10-03-2012 at 13:28..
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:33   #133
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Who do you race with your geezer glide? Bicylists?
Considering it runs high 11s...a whole damn lot of things. What do you race with your scooter? The fat chicks who should be on it?
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:35   #134
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,804


Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Considering it runs high 11s...a whole damn lot of things. What do you race with your scooter? The fat chicks who should be on it?
By the time you unload it from the trailer or the back of the pickup, I'd be well gone across the finish line.

BTW, fat chicks ride on the back of Harleys, not Italian stallions.

High 11s? That's all you can do from a 1900-cc displacement engine? My 1000-cc displacement bike can do high 11s in its sleep.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:38   #135
HollowHead
Firm member
 
HollowHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam
Posts: 23,105


Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
A racing scooter! Hahahah!
Have you never heard of scooter racing? HH
__________________
Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:39   #136
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
By the time you unload it from the trailer or the back of the pickup, I'd be well gone across the finish line.
Trailer or pickup? Sonny, I gear up, roll it outta the garage, press the starter, and away I go. Its a regular ol' bike.

Quote:
BTW, fat chicks ride on the back of Harleys, not Italian stallions.
And fat chicks ride on the front of scooters. Way to go.

Quote:
High 11s? That's all you can do from a 1900-cc displacement engine? My 1000-cc displacement bike can do high 11s in its sleep.
So you've got a halfway decent crotch rocket and you're on here banging your chest about a little 50cc scooter? Open the garage door the next time you turn on your bike, dude.
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:39   #137
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Have you never heard of scooter racing? HH
No, I haven't. It sounds
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:41   #138
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,804


Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
No, I haven't. It sounds
Of course you haven't heard of scooter racing. I don't expect geezer gliders to know much about motorsports at all, especially the types that involves taking corners at extremely high speed and lean angles.
__________________
Can you dig it?

Last edited by fnfalman; 10-03-2012 at 13:41..
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:44   #139
GVFlyer
Senior Member
 
GVFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Somewhere in the air.
Posts: 6,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Okay, I'll buy that. Most Americans can't drive to save their lives. But then that doesn't explain your choice of a motorcycle with mediocre brakes and handling. If safety is so paramount then why don't you get a motorcycle that is more agile, more maneuverable and better braking & handling skills?

No, I'm not talking about crotch rockets either. Just a plain old standard motorcycle with decent power, decent chassis and decent brakes.
I've had them. See my post 124 in this thread and this one:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...7&postcount=27

For me, safety is about dialing me back. If I can't get the front wheel off the pavement for three gears or get serious road rash on my boots with the bike I'm riding, it goes a long way towards encouraging me to act my age.
__________________
The Truth Only Hurts If It Should.

http://www.specialops.org/
GVFlyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:46   #140
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,804


Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Trailer or pickup? Sonny, I gear up, roll it outta the garage, press the starter, and away I go. Its a regular ol' bike.
Sure it is.

Quote:
And fat chicks ride on the front of scooters. Way to go.
And fat dudes ride on the front of geezer glides too. What a sight!

Quote:
So you've got a halfway decent crotch rocket and you're on here banging your chest about a little 50cc scooter? Open the garage door the next time you turn on your bike, dude.
A halfway decent crotch rocket? I ain't riding a rice burner, gramps.

My 50-cc scooter is all I need to outrun geezer glides. My crotch rocket is for racing against real motorcycles.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:47   #141
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,804


Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
it goes a long way towards encouraging me to act my age.
If that's how you feel then that's how you feel.

As for me, I'm too immature to ever grow up.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:48   #142
HollowHead
Firm member
 
HollowHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam
Posts: 23,105


Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Considering it runs high 11s...
Out of 1900cc's? That's disappointing. HH
__________________
Never trust a pastor with a day job.

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:52   #143
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 54,804


Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Out of 1900cc's? That's disappointing. HH
I do believe that your supposed "chick bike"; as classified by a typical Harley rider, would go faster than that with some very minor mods and a lot less displacement.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:54   #144
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,173
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Out of 1900cc's? That's disappointing. HH
I had a bike in 1984 that ran mid/high 10's stock.....1098cc
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan

Last edited by Mayhem like Me; 10-03-2012 at 14:08..
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 13:59   #145
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Out of 1900cc's? That's disappointing. HH
Name one factory V-Twin besides the VROD that beats it?

There ain't one. The M109 will give it a run for its money.


I owned a Honda Magna before. 750 v4 and it screamed. But theres just something about the instant gratification of peak torque off idle that warms a man's heart.

Last edited by John Rambo; 10-03-2012 at 13:59..
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 14:00   #146
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Of course you haven't heard of scooter racing. I don't expect geezer gliders to know much about motorsports at all, especially the types that involves taking corners at extremely high speed and lean angles.
Scooters taking corners at extremely high speeds and lean angles?! You're a riot!
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 14:07   #147
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,173
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Scooters taking corners at extremely high speeds and lean angles?! You're a riot!
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=scoot...2&tx=172&ty=48
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 14:12   #148
John Rambo
Raven
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 8,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post




For reference, here is a high speed corner at a serious lean angle.

The Okie Corral
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 14:21   #149
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,852
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
You're cheating Dana, you live in Germany.

When I lived there I could safely and easily average 100 mph (or better) on a trip from, say, Heidelberg to Wien, Österreich including the Zoll and Esso stops.
That is not entirely true. My house wife and kid are in CO along with my bike and cars. I technically live on the USA. I spend 3 weeks Germany then two weeks CO.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 14:29   #150
RC-RAMIE
Senior Member
 
RC-RAMIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,679
We comparing ET I can play.

9.45 147MPH
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Attached Thumbnails
The Okie Corral - Click for larger version  

Last edited by RC-RAMIE; 10-03-2012 at 14:30..
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:06.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,115
321 Members
794 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42