GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-21-2012, 17:04   #9551
BobInTX

Bless your heart, Lady Glock. You must have been in terrible pain. I hope this works for you.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.

Last edited by BobInTX; 09-21-2012 at 17:04..
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 17:37   #9552
dango

For I need a new dog and his name, "chemo" of course. Now I expect he will crap and pee all over the house yes?

A real pain in the ass at all times. In time, I will love to behold him and depend upon him,though the pain in the ass that he is,
I shall look forward to seeing him cause life will not be the same wit-out this beast.
Boy do I need help !
You all take care, for what is left is all there is is and that is something !A kiss,yes ,this is for all of you.
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 18:47   #9553
Dinky
Stalker of tous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Hey all...had my back procedure today, and will have another one on the 5th of next month. They said I would be numb and feeling no pain for a few hours, then the numbing would wear off and I would be sore for about 3 to 5 days, and then HOPEFULLY the other chemical will be working after that. The second procedure is to verify the original findings on whether this is going to be effective. If it is, then I will have an ablation done on the nerve at the L5/S1. They said I will need to be fused eventually, but they want to wait until the L4 disc collapses too and do both at the same time.

I have had to be off my blood thinner and I can sure tell that I haven't had that!

Have you had a second opinion? I work part time for a Orthopedic Surgeon and I wish you good luck with the ablation. If your L4 is in bad shape, don't wait, get the L4/L5 fusion now. Why do a second surgery, when one will fix it. We see a few ablations each year and they come to us so they can get the fusion and be out of pain..JMHO
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 00:24   #9554
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

I'm going through my old downloads LW, and I never listen to this one's chorus/refrain without thinking of you...

Keep swinging Warrior.

"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 09-22-2012 at 00:28..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:34   #9555
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky View Post
Have you had a second opinion? I work part time for a Orthopedic Surgeon and I wish you good luck with the ablation. If your L4 is in bad shape, don't wait, get the L4/L5 fusion now. Why do a second surgery, when one will fix it. We see a few ablations each year and they come to us so they can get the fusion and be out of pain..JMHO
Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover any other doctor than the one I see...so I can't get a second opinion. I'm going to ask for the fusion though...the L5 disc has collapsed on one side and they expect the L4 to do the same eventually...but I don't want to wait for that to happen, have additional pain and go though twice as much issues after the surgery is done. This doctor has put off fixing this for a year now. My treatment was a cortosone shot and pain meds...I'm tired of hurting.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 15:26   #9556
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Thanks and GTK. I was wondering if she cleared the room of something.
I am beginning to think you have met Wolfe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
"I love chemo!", said nobody ever, in the history of mankind.
You never know about that!

I'm doing pretty good. I'm learning to adapt to the surgery pain so I don't hurt moving around. I definitely can't bend over. I had a low grade fever for the first couple days but that's gone now.
It sounds as though you are doing well. I hope your recovery continues to progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I suppose people like chemo better after it's over and they know it worked. Right now, it just sucks. I can barely move today. I did go to a VA doc and get seen today, and was told to go to the VA hospital. I'm waiting on my friend to get back, she's going to take me. If I'm not back in a day or 2, you'll know I died.

Actually the VA doc agreed that it's injury related. Because I have trouble breathing at times, and it hurts to cough to the point that I supress it, he agreed with me. I was really surprised he didn't argue with me.
I spoke to Wolfe and she is doing as well as we can expect. She is in a lot of pain and is sedated but the infection is also being treated. I hope she will be able to go home tomorrow. She sends her love to all in here.

Quote:
Hey all...had my back procedure today, and will have another one on the 5th of next month. They said I would be numb and feeling no pain for a few hours, then the numbing would wear off and I would be sore for about 3 to 5 days, and then HOPEFULLY the other chemical will be working after that. The second procedure is to verify the original findings on whether this is going to be effective. If it is, then I will have an ablation done on the nerve at the L5/S1. They said I will need to be fused eventually, but they want to wait until the L4 disc collapses too and do both at the same time.

I have had to be off my blood thinner and I can sure tell that I haven't had that!
Prayers sent that this is effective for you. Back pain is miserable and I hope yours is ended soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
For I need a new dog and his name, "chemo" of course. Now I expect he will crap and pee all over the house yes?

A real pain in the ass at all times. In time, I will love to behold him and depend upon him,though the pain in the ass that he is,
I shall look forward to seeing him cause life will not be the same wit-out this beast.
Boy do I need help !
You all take care, for what is left is all there is is and that is something !A kiss,yes ,this is for all of you.
I was right. You have gotten into Wolfe's meds again.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 18:24   #9557
Dinky
Stalker of tous

Quote:
Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover any other doctor than the one I see...so I can't get a second opinion. I'm going to ask for the fusion though...the L5 disc has collapsed on one side and they expect the L4 to do the same eventually...but I don't want to wait for that to happen, have additional pain and go though twice as much issues after the surgery is done. This doctor has put off fixing this for a year now. My treatment was a cortosone shot and pain meds...I'm tired of hurting.

Glad I am on Medicare.
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 23:17   #9558
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I am beginning to think you have met Wolfe.
No BUT, I SINCERELY hope to some day, you too SR.

I had an email from LW, and I think she is in the hospital. Everyone who reads this please send your prayers for her continued healing. Our love and our hearts to you LW.

Last edited by sawgrass; 09-23-2012 at 09:14..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 14:56   #9559
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Hope you heal good Bob!
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 15:04   #9560
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Hope you heal good Bob!
Thanks. I'm still having leg pain. I'm hoping that subsides over time. Dr told my wife it would take some time for that nerve to calm. I think I'm trying to do too much too.
Old 09-23-2012, 17:06   #9561
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Yeah I'm sure you have a lot of inflammation too.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:43   #9562
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Oh, don't die on us now. I understand the coughing hurting. It hurts my back to cough. And some other bodily functions nobody wants to hear about. I'm trying to take it easy. I'm actually writing this in bed.

Did you get the kitty pic I sent you? She was just all sprawled out there.
Smart kitty, go splat when you can.

As for dying, apparently I didn't, even though I felt like I did. I'm home now, and feeling crappy as hell. I went in for my chemo today, and was told to come back Wednesday because I was still too sick. Hopefully I'll be able to get it tomorrow. I'll post more about it later, but my first time in a VA hospital was kind of interesting. They;re definitely understaffed and all that stuff, but one NP there showed some interest in trying to help me, thankfully.

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
I'm going through my old downloads LW, and I never listen to this one's chorus/refrain without thinking of you...

Keep swinging Warrior.

Rich Mans War by Steve Earle - YouTube
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
I spoke to Wolfe and she is doing as well as we can expect. She is in a lot of pain and is sedated but the infection is also being treated. I hope she will be able to go home tomorrow. She sends her love to all in here.
Thanks for passing that on. I finally got sprung, so the VA isn't going to kil me this time. Give them credit for trying, though.

Quote:
No BUT, I SINCERELY hope to some day, you too SR.

I had an email from LW, and I think she is in the hospital. Everyone who reads this please send your prayers for her continued healing. Our love and our hearts to you LW.
Thank you, they're appreciated.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:57   #9563
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

XXXXOOOOXXXXOOOO
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 22:40   #9564
sawgrass

LW, it's good news that someone at the VA gave you a little hope. Maybe you can keep that momentum going. I sure hope so. Is the respiratory infection better? How are you feeling?

We all care about you and it totally sucks that you have to have the old stuff, with the new stuff and suffer the loss of Jeff on top of that.

I've been waiting for you to tell me to stick my 'deep breaths' where the sun doesn't shine. Hang in there Wolfe.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:20   #9565
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
So when will you know more? BTW, I got your message and am planning to send you the cane, but can't commit to that until Jeff's sister sends it to me. Hopefully that'll be in the next week. What length do you need? I don't know the lenght of this one, I'll have to measure it when I get it.

Quote:
Thanks. I'm still having leg pain. I'm hoping that subsides over time. Dr told my wife it would take some time for that nerve to calm. I think I'm trying to do too much too.
How's your back doing? Haven't heard from you for a few days, I'm starting to worry.

BTW, we all need to pray hard for Magnus' surgery coming up soon. Also for Silent_Runner as her health problems are ongoing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
XXXXOOOOXXXXOOOO
back.

Quote:
LW, it's good news that someone at the VA gave you a little hope. Maybe you can keep that momentum going. I sure hope so. Is the respiratory infection better? How are you feeling?

We all care about you and it totally sucks that you have to have the old stuff, with the new stuff and suffer the loss of Jeff on top of that.

I've been waiting for you to tell me to stick my 'deep breaths' where the sun doesn't shine. Hang in there Wolfe.
Yeah, she did do as much as she could for me. Of course I was on anti-biotics and oxygen, but she also ordered breathing exercises while I was there. Plus she told me that I was smart to insis this be treated by the VA, so it's documented as service-connected. She says it'll just make my claim stronger when I can get re-evaluated to raise my disability rating.

The URI feels much better, but my chest is still hurting like hell from everything that's gone one lately. The good news there I was told that I didn't actually re-injure anything. I just aggravated and inflamed the crap out of the existing injury. I didn't have my chemo until Wednesday this week, I went in Tuesday, but they made me wait because I was still too sick. Last week I had the worst reactiuon to the chemo I've had yet, and this week is shaping up to be a bad one, too. I feel like s*** already.

I've come to the concllusion that even if I hadn't gotten shot or cancer, 2012 would be a major suck year for me. Between some other crap going on in my life, and especially losing Jeff. That's going to hurt for a long time. Plus a couple friends deciding they weren't anymore just adds to that. Then add still recovering from getting shot, and the other problems from that, then give me cancer. I've just about decided this is a candidate for the worst year of my life.

As for telling you to stick deep breaths where the sun don't shine, I got another idea. How about you take those deep breaths for me, since I can't.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-28-2012, 01:23   #9566
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Youve got this far lone wolfe I have every amount of confidence ou can get through the rest keep it going for us.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:38   #9567
BobInTX

Oh, I'm just trying to take it easy and recuperate. I'm not used to doing nothing.

My back is doing fine. I have very little pain there. My bandage fell off today. The incision looks really good. I called the dr office the other day about the leg pain. His nurse said it could be six months to a year before it goes away completely. Yuck. But it seems tone getting better every day. I'm still on painkillers and a muscle relaxer.

Mrs Bob us doing PT for her broken ankle. It's swelling a lot. This will also take a while to go away. The worst part is all this is keeping us from going to a continuing education conference we were going to go to in Hawaii in November. :-(
Old 09-28-2012, 12:40   #9568
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Gosh, I feel like I fit right in here. Everyone with their physical problems. I won't go into all that is wrong with me here, but please know that I am praying for you all. Pain totally sucks and having to depend on DH to help me with so many things is messing with my self esteem. Wolfe, SR, Bob, Lady Glock, Magnus and Dango (please forgive me if I left anyone out). I am still praying for each of you.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 19:34   #9569
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Yeah, she did do as much as she could for me. Of course I was on anti-biotics and oxygen, but she also ordered breathing exercises while I was there. Plus she told me that I was smart to insis this be treated by the VA, so it's documented as service-connected. She says it'll just make my claim stronger when I can get re-evaluated to raise my disability rating.

The URI feels much better, but my chest is still hurting like hell from everything that's gone one lately. The good news there I was told that I didn't actually re-injure anything. I just aggravated and inflamed the crap out of the existing injury. I didn't have my chemo until Wednesday this week, I went in Tuesday, but they made me wait because I was still too sick. Last week I had the worst reactiuon to the chemo I've had yet, and this week is shaping up to be a bad one, too. I feel like s*** already.

I've come to the concllusion that even if I hadn't gotten shot or cancer, 2012 would be a major suck year for me. Between some other crap going on in my life, and especially losing Jeff. That's going to hurt for a long time. Plus a couple friends deciding they weren't anymore just adds to that. Then add still recovering from getting shot, and the other problems from that, then give me cancer. I've just about decided this is a candidate for the worst year of my life.

As for telling you to stick deep breaths where the sun don't shine, I got another idea. How about you take those deep breaths for me, since I can't.
Wolfe I can tell you were fairly well sedated when you posted this. I know you can spell better. How are you feeling now?

If we could take the deep breaths for you and give you the benefit of them we would.

Quote:
Oh, I'm just trying to take it easy and recuperate. I'm not used to doing nothing.

My back is doing fine. I have very little pain there. My bandage fell off today. The incision looks really good. I called the dr office the other day about the leg pain. His nurse said it could be six months to a year before it goes away completely. Yuck. But it seems tone getting better every day. I'm still on painkillers and a muscle relaxer.

Mrs Bob us doing PT for her broken ankle. It's swelling a lot. This will also take a while to go away. The worst part is all this is keeping us from going to a continuing education conference we were going to go to in Hawaii in November. :-(
BobInTX you have been quiet here. Is your back and your wife still healing well? I pray they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Gosh, I feel like I fit right in here. Everyone with their physical problems. I won't go into all that is wrong with me here, but please know that I am praying for you all. Pain totally sucks and having to depend on DH to help me with so many things is messing with my self esteem. Wolfe, SR, Bob, Lady Glock, Magnus and Dango (please forgive me if I left anyone out). I am still praying for each of you.
You do fit in here it seems. I believe it was Magnus2131 who called us the Gimp Squad. He has it right. I pray that you will feel better soon along with Wolfe and others in here.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:23   #9570
dango

Hey sweety,I'm more myself again. How have you been and is your health mainly. I've been quite out of it for a while,another surgery, a biggy this time but I'm still here and kicking.I'm down to a sensible dose where can comune again and have not been
much help lately. I'm much better and glad to here from you again , and yes a kiss !
Old 10-01-2012, 02:28   #9571
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:

Hang in there,.......you've come too darn far to give up!

faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 15:41   #9572
BobInTX

Old 10-03-2012, 08:08   #9573
sawgrass

LW how's it going?

Folks in this thread, I need you to send some good ju-ju for my family. My cousins 15 year old son hung himself on Monday at the local high school.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:14   #9574
dango

Quote:
LW how's it going?

Folks in this thread, I need you to send some good ju-ju for my family. My cousins 15 year old son hung himself on Monday at the local high school.
Wow ,I've got enough to go around and give you all I got .
I just don't what to say but may all good and help be there for all that need it.That does include you sweety LW.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:11   #9575
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
LW how's it going?

Damn, just damn. 15 years old. I'm so sorry. Prayers and good juju going out to all of you right now.

I'll update on myself later, mainly the URI is pretty much gone, the nasty reactions from chemo aren't.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!