Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-02-2012, 13:53   #1
wct097

What's with Noveske's fulfillment?

Ordered a Gen2 FFL through my dealer in August. They told my dealer that they'd be shipping it early in the week of the 17th of September. On the 26th, the dealer called them back and they said they'd be shipping it on the 27th. Still hasn't shown up.

In this same timeframe, my friend has ordered and received his lower and parts from other manufacturers, and I've ordered and received a barrel, upper, various parts, and ammo from 4 other sources.

I can understand them being backed up, but it's annoying for them to repeatedly claim to be shipping something only to not have it shipped in a timely manner. The same dealer ordered a SBR (the one they were selling for $1775) earlier this year and it took more time for Noveske to ship it than it took me for my last tax stamp.
Old 10-02-2012, 13:57   #2
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Is what happens when a small company has high demand and doesn't give up QC or triple their prices.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 14:04   #3
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Is what happens when a small company has high demand and doesn't give up QC or triple their prices.
nuf said!

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 14:12   #4
wct097

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
I can understand high demand and QC increasing backorder time, but I'm annoyed by the customer service side of things where they state a shipment date then miss it completely. I'm not talking about a projected date weeks or months in advance. Stating on Friday that they'll ship early next week, then not having it shipped by the following week is my issue.

Their prices are roughly triple. Their FFL was $275 where a typical lower can be had for under $100.
Old 10-02-2012, 14:21   #5
mjkeat

The Noveske FFL is not typical.

I can see where you could become annoyed but... You're ordering an item that is somewhat sought after and probably the nicest lower available.

Last time I ordered from Noveske (7.5" Diplomat 3-4+ years ago) it was roughly a weeks wait.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 14:27   #6
wct097

Fair enough, but the point is that it's already priced at a premium. It's not like they'd sell any for $800 each. That's just not reasonable. I don't think it's asking too much to get a legitimate ship date. It's not like they're saying it's backordered (they may be, but mine isn't indicated as such) and are waiting for a new batch to be ready.
Old 10-02-2012, 14:41   #7
KalashniKEV

Why don't you just buy from someone who has it in stock?

Or wait for it to show up?

It's a premium product.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 15:43   #8
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

I know here in KY when I get notice from Noveski that they shipped it takes 8 friggin days to get here from Oregon. For some reason UPS is slow as hell coming out of the Pacific Northwest.

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 15:43   #9
wct097

Couldn't find any in stock.

I am waiting for it to show up. Been waiting for enough time to be annoyed. Hoping it's worth the wait.
Old 10-02-2012, 16:43   #10
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wct097 View Post
Couldn't find any in stock.

I am waiting for it to show up. Been waiting for enough time to be annoyed. Hoping it's worth the wait.
Or go with an alternative product.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 18:25   #11
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Just one look at Noveske's website, and you see that most of his rifles are out of stock. You can bet that all their lowers are used to make new rifles. So, don't expect any stripped lower of theirs showing up anytime soon, anywhere.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 18:32   #12
wct097

I would have gone with something else if I'd known it was going to take this long. Really wanted to get my Form 1 sent off in September. At this rate, I won't get it back from the engraver in time to get the Form 1 out before November.

At this point, it's not worth the effort to buy something else. My gun fund is depleted for now and I still am missing a new BCG and trigger to complete this build (as a pistol).
Old 10-02-2012, 18:42   #13
SPIN2010
Searching ...

Vapor dates on firearms and parts is becoming more and more a reality every minute. If you can get your hands on it, you better buy it (if you want it).

I was just looking for a AR piston rifle and of all the ones I looked at they were gone within a week of me eyeballing them.

Election time nears.
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 19:11   #14
Black&TAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12131 View Post
Just one look at Noveske's website, and you see that most of his rifles are out of stock. You can bet that all their lowers are used to make new rifles. So, don't expect any stripped lower of theirs showing up anytime soon, anywhere.
I scored a stripped Gen 2 lower from Rainier a month or so ago. Stock was gone within hours of email notification they sent, so likely there were a lot of unhappy folks that either didn't make it in time or hesitated to pull the trigger.

Personally, I've waited months for Noveske parts, always been worth it IMO. In the meantime, I just juggle builds to feed my Frankenstein, keeps my patience in check... most of the time anyways.

sent via Tapatalk
Black&TAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:30   #15
wct097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&TAN View Post
Personally, I've waited months for Noveske parts, always been worth it IMO. In the meantime, I just juggle builds to feed my Frankenstein, keeps my patience in check... most of the time anyways.
I will say that I'm impressed with the look & feel of my Noveske barrel. I'm really looking forward to putting my hands on my new lower.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:37   #16
wct097

Finally came in. Very pleased. Will test fit it with the upper tonight, then get it shipped out for engraving tomorrow.

Black Rifle Forum

Last edited by wct097; 10-05-2012 at 12:39..
wct097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:56   #17
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
In the future, if you have repeated instances of something like this, where they're saying it'll ship tomorrow, and a week later, it'll ship the next day, simply ask to speak to John. The man will talk to you himself, and I have to beleive, if the answer isn't something like

"We've got a projected ship date of tomorrow but thats dependent upon X part or piece coming in from somewhere"

its going to be "I'm sorry we've given you the run around, I'll see to it your order is shipped tomorrow myself, Sorry for the delay"

Because thats the kind of man he is.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 13:08   #18
bigmoney890

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
In the future, if you have repeated instances of something like this, where they're saying it'll ship tomorrow, and a week later, it'll ship the next day, simply ask to speak to John. The man will talk to you himself, and I have to beleive, if the answer isn't something like

"We've got a projected ship date of tomorrow but thats dependent upon X part or piece coming in from somewhere"

its going to be "I'm sorry we've given you the run around, I'll see to it your order is shipped tomorrow myself, Sorry for the delay"

Because thats the kind of man he is.

Sounds like a great company to deal with, I just wish I could afford to buy/build one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bigmoney890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 13:25   #19
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoney890 View Post
Sounds like a great company to deal with, I just wish I could afford to buy/build one
Stack that big money and make it happen. Its not just perfection in the fit and finish department. Their SS barrels (specifically the 12.5") are turning out some accuracy that falls in the crazy silly magic trick realm.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 19:36   #20
surf

Just talk to Sheri. She is great, gets things done and she is hot!

In reality, Noveske is in such high demand and they are still a small operation. Also the reality is that the larger Noveske dealers that move large volume get first crack. If your dealer is small in how much they sell Noveske, wait times are longer. This is pretty much true for anything in this business.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote