Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-30-2012, 17:45   #1
Inebriated

Need a stock for my 870... Hogue?

I've started playing around with the stock on my 870 again... I took off the Mesa Urbino, and replaced it with the factory Remington stock, and I remember why I quit using it. The grip is just too narrow, and there's really no grip texture.

So I'm thinking Hogue... any thoughts? Good experiences? Bad experiences? Any other suggestions? Not looking for wood or a pistol grip, just a traditional polymer stock.

Thanks!
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 18:26   #2
Buffering
The Cooler

I have a Hogue on my Win 1200.

It fills the palm swell, it's rubberized so there's texture and it has a pretty soft recoil pad. No complaints. 12" LOP. If you're an Oompa-Loompa this should be one of your first considerations.

On my 870P I have the Remington Youth stock with the inclusive R3 pad. It has molded checkering that's pretty sharp and has stayed that way for a long time on my gun. No complaints. 13" LOP.

Some hosers around here like the Speedfeed IV-S so give that a look too.
"Of every 100 men that go to battle 70 should not even be there, 20 are nothing but targets, 9 are true soldiers, and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make but ONE, one is a warrior, and HE will bring the others home." Hericlitus
Buffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 18:39   #3
Inebriated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffering View Post
I have a Hogue on my Win 1200.

It fills the palm swell, it's rubberized so there's texture and it has a pretty soft recoil pad. No complaints. 12" LOP. If you're an Oompa-Loompa this should be one of your first considerations.

On my 870P I have the Remington Youth stock with the inclusive R3 pad. It has molded checkering that's pretty sharp and has stayed that way for a long time on my gun. No complaints. 13" LOP.

Some hosers around here like the Speedfeed IV-S so give that a look too.
Good to know, that sounds like what I am looking for. I shoot pretty square to the target, but the 12" is too short for me on non-PG stocks.

I have thought about trying the older style Remington stock (mine's the newer one without the checkering... just posted a pic in the pic thread), but I mean, Hogue seems to be the way to go.

And I've tried the SpeedFeed IV-S, but no PG stock compares to the Ubino for me.
Kalashnikov Klub Member #870
The 21 Club Member #19691
Inebriated is offline   Reply With Quote