GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:48   #26
fusegsp

What would I do if someone turned a hose on me? This is where I would fall back on my training. As soon as the first drop of water hit my flawless alabaster skin I would peel 'em off, grab a chair, and do the world's best Jennifer Beals impersonation.
fusegsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:51   #27
costanza187
I like Macs

I apologize in advance...

Open carry would have prevented this.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:51   #28
RonS

Be a dick, get hosed I always say.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:52   #29
hamster
NRA Life Member

I'd be on Amazon lookin' for the biggest baddest Supersoaker they make. The water-arms race is on baby!
hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:53   #30
Deanster
CLM Number 250
Cheese?

Brother lets dog bark endlessly. Neighbor makes some unwanted noise, brother decides to object. Brother gets hosed down.

Sounds like things worked out about right to me.

People who let their dogs bark for hours and hours deserve whatever's coming. One barking dog can keep an entire neighborhood from sleeping or enjoying the rest of their lives.

Your behavior angers God and/or the Constitution. Just sayin'.

I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by low barometric pressure, and not gay marriage.
Deanster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 13:00   #31
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehan2 View Post
edit: why is the word "dou che" edited?
GT doesnt believe in showers. Some people have been offended by duschgel and being expected to use it.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 13:01   #32
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanster View Post
Brother lets dog bark endlessly. Neighbor makes some unwanted noise, brother decides to object. Brother gets hosed down.

People who let their dogs bark for hours and hours deserve whatever's coming. One barking dog can keep an entire neighborhood from sleeping or enjoying the rest of their lives.
That's what I was thinking.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 13:18   #33
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
There is a charge of "battery of an insulting or provoking nature". This is used when there is no physical injury but there was physical contact used to annoy or harass the victim. Kinda like poking, pinching, spitting, etc etc. It could also be charged as disorderly conduct or simple battery. Let the jackass neighbor explain to a judge why he thought it was a good idea to hose down your bro because his dog was barking.
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 13:24   #34
Wooderson76

I would have sprayed him with the 27.......just kidding,I would have used the 23!
Wooderson76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 13:54   #35
BonnieB
(Thinking....)

Your brother is just wrong to let his dog bark all the time. He should get control of his dog, however that needs to happen, or give the dog away. It's incredibly selfish to let this go on.

He has no right to make the neighborhood a miserable place to be. I doubt that getting someone wet with a hose is 'assault' in any state, but I have to say I would have been tempted too.

I also doubt that the neighbor with the hose is the only neighbor bothered by this.

On the other hand, the neighbor could have come over or called up and asked your brother to take the dog in. Unless your brother has already stonewalled him.

At the end of the day, both are wrong and need to try harder to be civil. They'll probably have to be neighbors for a long time. This stuff can escalate and get very dangerous.

Last edited by BonnieB; 09-30-2012 at 13:54..
BonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 14:00   #36
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanster View Post

This! The OP's brother didn't stop his dog from barking constantly and driving the neighbor nuts, but suddenly he steps up when the neighbor inevitably reacts? That's D-bag behavior.

The OP's brother got what he deserved and needs to A) apologize to his neighbor, then B) buy a bark collar for his dog!

Last edited by tsmo1066; 09-30-2012 at 14:01..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 14:07   #37
Glock1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
How is that owners of dogs that bark constantly cant hear their dogs barking?

If you have ever lived next a dog that barks, you know just how maddening it can be. Much of the time, these dogs bark at 5am or midnight. Something about not sleeping because of a neighbors dog barking for weeks on end makes me irritable.

If find it ironic that your brother does seem to care that his dog is bothering the neighbor with noise but when the neighbors makes noise (cusssing, barking, etc) he is offended.

It seems the solution is to control his dog...
It happens for the same reason you have to endure screaming kids at Wal-Mart. They have an emotional attachment to the child/dog and tolerate their shortcomings.

This guy's neighbor lacked that emotional attachment and lashed out on the dog and its owner.

He never should have been put in that situation.

People that allow their dogs and children to act this way are delusional and rude. They shouldn't be surprised when others flip out.

Last edited by Glock1963; 09-30-2012 at 14:08..
Glock1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 14:37   #38
Annhl8rX

In slight defense of the brother and his willingness to let the dog bark, I must say that people have varying levels of sensitivity to barking dogs. I get called all the time by people proclaiming how disruptive for their sleep their neighbor's dog is. Sometimes it's a legit complaint, but other times I have to make a concerted effort to even hear the dog. Some people are just really, really sensitive to noises. The same can be said for music and TV noise in apartment complexes.
Old 09-30-2012, 14:41   #39
toshbar
Timber Baron

People who don't control their property annoy me to no end.
2 4 R

toshbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 14:56   #40
mj9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by G23Gen4TX View Post
I would say that shutting the dog up will probably solve your brother's problems with his neighbour.
, being a good neighbor means keeping your dog inline, if he started it by taunting the dog move your dog and keep an eye on the neighbor.
mj9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 15:08   #41
RimfireMan

Heck, if my neighbor did sprayed me with a hose, I would go inside, and put on a swimsuit. Then, I would go back outside and taunt my neighbor until he started spraying me again. I would keep taunting him while running around the yard. Hey, if my neighbor wants to water my grass, Ill let him!
RimfireMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 15:13   #42
9jeeps
Fogey

We have several Dog loving Rent dodgers living in our area. The last one left three dogs and five cats and disappeared in the middle of the night. Pretty typical actually.... Plus one hell of a junk pile out side the doors and the yards.

At the first bark session... I go to the new neighbor and tell them I'm a property owner. They aren't.

If they don't control the noisy animal or abuse of it. I will take control of the situation through legal channels and they can pay the judge.

They have 24 hours to decide how they want to handle their noisy dog/animal/ behavioral problems. As I WILL file charges, immediately!

We have a Deputy Sheriff,,,, K-9 unit that lives six houses down and can also hear their noisy animals.... And he's on em like a chicken on a June Bug.

I don't and never have tolerated noisy neighbors and their animals. A few have learned this through their wallets.

IF you call the authorities it will help your cause if you do sign a complaint and follow it through. IF not. Take the crap and like it.

PS.... I've never in my life heard or seen a dog owner that can hear his own dogs bark and they get very defensive about.

IF you don't believe me read any Barking Dog thread on this forum....
9jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 15:14   #43
Z71bill

Get video camera rolling - walk into the street in front of neighbor's house - when neighbor comes out to ask WTF are you doing - get 911 on the phone to get it on tape - YELL at the neighbor - saying things like

I am afraid for my life --

Stand back I have a gun --

I am just standing my ground --

I have the right to stand my ground --

I’m armed and my life is in danger --

I will use my firearm to defend myself --

Oh wait - that doesn't work so well after all - never mind..
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 15:18   #44
paul45
old crank

Your brother and his dog is the problem.

Last edited by paul45; 09-30-2012 at 15:18..
paul45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 15:34   #45
Beretta92guy

a constantly barking dog is one of the most annoying godam' things there is......

I don't have dogs, and i don't want to listen to them barking or crapping in my yard....your brother got what he deserved, and then some

and he is an elohssa (backwards) for letting his dog bark like that

edit: i posted about my former-neighbors pit bull several months ago.......its amazing what a good, heavy shovel can do to the skull and rib cage of a violent animal......

Last edited by Beretta92guy; 09-30-2012 at 15:39..
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 16:02   #46
Droid noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
Your brother is just wrong to let his dog bark all the time. He should get control of his dog, however that needs to happen, or give the dog away. It's incredibly selfish to let this go on.

He has no right to make the neighborhood a miserable place to be. I doubt that getting someone wet with a hose is 'assault' in any state, but I have to say I would have been tempted too.

I also doubt that the neighbor with the hose is the only neighbor bothered by this.

On the other hand, the neighbor could have come over or called up and asked your brother to take the dog in. Unless your brother has already stonewalled him.

At the end of the day, both are wrong and need to try harder to be civil. They'll probably have to be neighbors for a long time. This stuff can escalate and get very dangerous.
SLOW DOWN PEOPLE! All I said was he barks his head off. He's an inside dog. You'd thought I said he leaves his dog chained up 24/7 outside. I now know there's a dog problem in the US.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Droid noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 16:04   #47
Droid noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71bill View Post
Get video camera rolling - walk into the street in front of neighbor's house - when neighbor comes out to ask WTF are you doing - get 911 on the phone to get it on tape - YELL at the neighbor - saying things like

I am afraid for my life --

Stand back I have a gun --

I am just standing my ground --

I have the right to stand my ground --

I’m armed and my life is in danger --

I will use my firearm to defend myself --

Oh wait - that doesn't work so well after all - never mind..
Seen that done once..... Didn't work out so well lol.

Old 09-30-2012, 16:09   #48
Droid noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
a constantly barking dog is one of the most annoying godam' things there is......

I don't have dogs, and i don't want to listen to them barking or crapping in my yard....your brother got what he deserved, and then some

and he is an elohssa (backwards) for letting his dog bark like that

edit: i posted about my former-neighbors pit bull several months ago.......its amazing what a good, heavy shovel can do to the skull and rib cage of a violent animal......
Wow. Shut up. Added nothing to this thread

Old 09-30-2012, 16:09   #49
Geeorge
Sarcasm Inc.

I would have gone inside and got the dog shampoo since he was wet anyway.Then ask the neighbor to rinse him off

Okie is one KooL Cat
Geeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 16:31   #50
Droid noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeorge View Post
I would have gone inside and got the dog shampoo since he was wet anyway.Then ask the neighbor to rinse him off
Lol.