Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 05:07   #1
ricklee4570
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,810
Matchmaster 6

http://olyarms.net/index.php?page=sh...emart&Itemid=5

What do you all think of this one? I have heard that they do not use any MIM parts and everything is made in house (from the frame and slide to every single part used)

I have yet to find anyone who has said anything negative about them.
__________________
USMC--Proud Warriors Always Ready to Fight
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:56   #2
Halfhitch
Member
 
Halfhitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 93
My only experience is with an OA Constable I have. I'm happy with it; very accurate.
__________________
ďA strong body makes a strong mind. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun." Thomas Jefferson
Halfhitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 15:41   #3
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: east of East St. Louis
Posts: 34,780
Not in this lifetime!

Non standard parts, ugly as my ex-wife! HeJJ no!
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 17:25   #4
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 94,431
Hell no

I don't care ffor Olympic Arms model at all.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 17:25   #5
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 94,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Not in this lifetime!

Non standard parts, ugly as my ex-wife! HeJJ no!
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 18:59   #6
ricklee4570
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,810
What "non standard" parts are in these guns? Since posting this, I have yet to hear from someone who owns one that is not happy with it.
__________________
USMC--Proud Warriors Always Ready to Fight
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 19:04   #7
ricklee4570
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Hell no

I don't care ffor Olympic Arms model at all.
Just curious as to why not? Have you owned one and had bad luck with it?
__________________
USMC--Proud Warriors Always Ready to Fight
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 22:30   #8
Rally Vincent
Bipolar
 
Rally Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Bar.
Posts: 1,115


I have to admit, I've never heard anyone who had one say anything bad about the pistol.
__________________
"There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man."
Niners Club Member - #196
1911 Club Member - #001
"All evil comes from the old.They grow fat on ideas and young men die of them."
Rally Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:41   #9
FM12
I need AMMO!
 
FM12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,686
I have the cohort, Love it!! Wish I copuld afford the matchmaster, would have two!!
__________________
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country. God bless America and those who protect her, at home and abroad.
FM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 19:18   #10
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,914
Where's the damn BIN button!?!


glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 00:59   #11
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 58,330


The Scorpion is badass though. Almost as badass as The Raven. Or the gold plated Thunderbolt.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:01   #12
ca survivor
Senior Member
 
ca survivor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,898
stay awaaaayyyyyy from that.
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:00   #13
ricklee4570
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
stay awaaaayyyyyy from that.
Have you owned or fired one? Im curious to actually hear from an owner that doesnt like them. So far everyone who has contacted me that has one or had one loved it.
__________________
USMC--Proud Warriors Always Ready to Fight
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:50   #14
RetailNinja
Senior Member
 
RetailNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tuktoyaktuk
Posts: 1,425
Send a message via AIM to RetailNinja
I would get the springfield armory loaded longslide before I got that. I do not like square trigger guards though.
__________________
Conservatism is a cardiac disorder - Brietbart
Liberalism is a mental disorder - Savage
RetailNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:20   #15
ricklee4570
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,810
It is different, that is for sure. I would not bash a particular product unless I had firsthand experience with it. In this case, everyone who bashes it, has no experience with it.

The gunsmith who builds them is Richard Niemer, a very respected 1911 gunsmith. They make very few, but those that are out there seem to be very good guns (I get this from the people who have them and relayed that information to me.)
__________________
USMC--Proud Warriors Always Ready to Fight
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 22:46   #16
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 58,330


Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklee4570 View Post
It is different, that is for sure. I would not bash a particular product unless I had firsthand experience with it. In this case, everyone who bashes it, has no experience with it.
There's a reason why Safari Arms and now Olympic Arms have zero respect in the shooting world. But hey, don't take our words for it.

Quote:
The gunsmith who builds them is Richard Niemer, a very respected 1911 gunsmith. They make very few, but those that are out there seem to be very good guns (I get this from the people who have them and relayed that information to me.)
Then buy it.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:56   #17
ricklee4570
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,810
My point is that they seem to have zero respect from people who never owned or even shot one. I welcome everones opinion as long as they have first hand knowledge. I find it funny how many people on here repeat what they have heard others say.

These same people speak very highly of RIA pistols though. How do you know these pistols are not as good. They have a lifetime warranty just the same.
__________________
USMC--Proud Warriors Always Ready to Fight
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:50   #18
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: east of East St. Louis
Posts: 34,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklee4570 View Post
My point is that they seem to have zero respect from people who never owned or even shot one. I welcome everones opinion as long as they have first hand knowledge. I find it funny how many people on here repeat what they have heard others say.

These same people speak very highly of RIA pistols though. How do you know these pistols are not as good. They have a lifetime warranty just the same.

Have not owned one, but have shot a Matchmaster 6
Friend has one. Parts are non-standard. Basically they
are not interchangeable with most all other 1911s on the planet.
Olympic Arms as a company has a very spotty, even shady past.
QC is poor. Stainless steel they use is subject to galling badly.
Barrel lock up was fair, barrel bushing was so poorly fitted it
actually rattled in the slide. Trigger was good.

Tony's Matchmaster shot well, until he started to have issues
with failure to feed at around 2k rounds fired. Found the frame rails
& slide galled so badly you could catch a fingernail on the material
on the frame rails.

Overall,......a poor product, poor fitting, with poor QC, made by a poor company.
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:55   #19
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: east of East St. Louis
Posts: 34,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklee4570 View Post
.......

These same people speak very highly of RIA pistols though. How do you know these pistols are not as good. They have a lifetime warranty just the same.
I do not care for RIA.......a warranty is, and always has been, a
marketing tool to get the consumer to have faith in a company
and but their product. It has NOTHING to do with the QUALITY
of a product!

KIA had a 100k warranty on a eight thousand dollar car when they
first came out. Was a selling point. Then they had to replace
consumers cars because oil filters were not available.
faawrenchbndr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:51   #20
ricklee4570
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Have not owned one, but have shot a Matchmaster 6
Friend has one. Parts are non-standard. Basically they
are not interchangeable with most all other 1911s on the planet.
Olympic Arms as a company has a very spotty, even shady past.
QC is poor. Stainless steel they use is subject to galling badly.
Barrel lock up was fair, barrel bushing was so poorly fitted it
actually rattled in the slide. Trigger was good.

Tony's Matchmaster shot well, until he started to have issues
with failure to feed at around 2k rounds fired. Found the frame rails
& slide galled so badly you could catch a fingernail on the material
on the frame rails.

Overall,......a poor product, poor fitting, with poor QC, made by a poor company.

Thank-You Sir! Finally a response from somebody who actually has experience with one.

The only thing that is confusing to me is about the parts being non standard. I was told by a Oly Arms representative that all the internal parts are the same as Colts 1911's. Maybe he was not being totally honest with me?

Thanks for the review.
__________________
USMC--Proud Warriors Always Ready to Fight

Last edited by ricklee4570; 10-07-2012 at 08:52..
ricklee4570 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:27.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 626
169 Members
457 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31