okie
GT Mayor

Sadly obama is going to be voted in again
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:18   #77
SIG-SOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinePride View Post
I don't whine about anything on here, check my past posts and you'll see that.

I don't even live in the USA anymore and I eat whatever I want to. There is no future for a lot of people with the choices you people keep voting for over there.

Keep voting for these empty suits, give them the mandate to make things better for you
So you don't live in the USA anymore - are you not a US citizen, or just stationed overseas? A citizen of another country?
SIG-SOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:19   #78
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Pretty good odds he will win. Why?

Obama is a terrible President.
The Electoral College looks favorable to Romney.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:21   #79
SIG-SOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
There are a crapload of people in this country. There are a crapload of republicans in this country. With ALL those republicans, why the hell can't they come up with 1 guy who makes a good candidate?

With Obamas economy, this should be a cakewalk.
Your logic makes no sense. You obviously acknowledge "Obamas economy" so I take that to mean you disapprove. But because the perfect candidate is not running for president you would rather keep a failed president in office? Are you not willing to try for something better, if only a little better?
Old 09-28-2012, 21:22   #80
Cali-Glock
Mountain Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Sadly obama is going to be voted in again
If Obama is re-elected I hope he goes full left. That would be wonderful for America - why? People might wake up.

We are frogs being slowly cooked - turn up the heat and people might realize what is going on.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds
Cali-Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:23   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
If Obama is re-elected I hope he goes full left. That would be wonderful for America - why? People might wake up.

We are frogs being slowly cooked - turn up the heat and people might realize what is going on.
And then, what?

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:29   #82
Hines57
Simple Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Nope...Romney is gonna lose, simple as that. The GOP deserves it too, for putting up a sh-t nominee. Can't wait for 2016 to see who the next flaming RINO will be.
Thanks for taking the time to post all your replies in this and similar threads. Saves me a bunch of time when I can just say "What tantrix said, times 2".

Only difference is I am thinking I will write in Jindal, I still think he is most in line with my beliefs.
Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:34   #83
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIG-SOG View Post
Your logic makes no sense. You obviously acknowledge "Obamas economy" so I take that to mean you disapprove. But because the perfect candidate is not running for president you would rather keep a failed president in office? Are you not willing to try for something better, if only a little better?
Dude, I'm voting for Romney. But I am not like "Yeah! Romney is bad-ass, finally what this country needs."

I'm more like "This option sucks, but not as much as the other option." That ISN'T the kind of person that makes hordes of people rush to the polls. That is the kind of person that makes the voters say "screw it, who I vote for doesn't even matter."

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:34   #84
CitizenOfDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
Who cares? The country is circling the drain and no one person is going to fix it
Not even Ron Paul?
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:52   #85
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
Not even Ron Paul?
Sure. If Ron Paul sells himself to the big money in this country and agrees to do what they say. Then he has an excellent chance.
OR if millions of people suddenly become totally different and start really paying attention to politics.

Either of those.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:52   #86
SIG-SOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
Dude, I'm voting for Romney. But I am not like "Yeah! Romney is bad-ass, finally what this country needs."

I'm more like "This option sucks, but not as much as the other option." That ISN'T the kind of person that makes hordes of people rush to the polls. That is the kind of person that makes the voters say "screw it, who I vote for doesn't even matter."
Sorry for the mistake. Glad to hear you are voting for America (Romney). Hopefully he can hold things together until a better candidate comes along - democrat or republican.
Old 09-28-2012, 22:24   #87
SIG-SOG

Wow, I think I owe many of you I responded to an apology. I just read back through all of the posts, and it appears that what I took as anti-Romney, pro-Obumer was really just an expression of well deserved anger at the situation we find ourselves in. For that I apologize. I am angry too. It is hard for me to tell where people stand sometimes because of the negative comments and I get lost trying to follow the thought process. So I think most here are in favor of *not* having 4 more years of Obama. I am in that camp. Is Romney the answer to all of the problems we face? No. Can we survive 4 years of Romney and hope that someone better comes along - D, R, or I? I think so. Can we survive 4 more years of Obama. I think not. Forget the polls - they are rigged. Forget the MSM they are stupid and have agendas nobody can understand. Negativity is just what the liberals want. The more of us that they make stay home or write in a vote is a vote for Obama.

If you are against Obama then try to be positive - I'm going to try. All we can change this go round is to stop the madness.
Old 09-28-2012, 22:56   #88
Grabbrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
Let's hope the yard signs in my area (OH) are not a good indicator of who will win, because if they are "the kenyan" is back in the saddle for sure.
yard signs, bumper stickers and the like are an extremely poor indicator. conservatives are, well, conservative, and most don't wear their affiliations on their sleeves, their yards or their cars. A lot of people who will be voting for Romney are also justifiably concerned about vandalism of their property if they advertise their intent. The Obama people are just like that.

As for all the polls, disregard them. Most of them are being done with a +9 to +11 democratic oversample, which even some pollsters using that slant have admitted is unlikely. But more importantly, a nationwide poll is meaningless, since the electoral college determines the outcome. And in terms of electoral votes, Romney has only a few narrow likely scenarios that will get him to 270. It is, unfortunately, a long shot, and has been from the start. Whether you're a fan of Rush Limbaugh or not, it's hard to disagree with his observation that the most important thing to come from this election is letting us know whether we've already crossed 'the tipping point.'
Grabbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 23:06   #89
sharpshooter

My granddaddy voted without knowing what the candidates looked like, or how expensive their wives' sweaters were. TV and internet have changed the way we do politics. We have too much information about our options and it spoils our view.

The Sunday NY Times contains more information in one day than the typical person 100 years ago would be exposed to in their entire lifetime. There is no "ideal" candidate, they're all liars, cheats, and live privileged lives most of us can't comprehend. We didn't used to know that, and we were happier. Ignorance is bliss.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 23:46   #90
Anglin_AZ

Quote:
Obama hasn't (and isn't) going to do anything I favor, and I'm not going to vote for him. I'm also not voting for Romney either. It's 2 sides of the same coin. What we should have done was throw the whole damn coin away and vote someone in that didn't agree with either one of them. The primaries proved that the American voters are fine with the same old thing, and they're going to get it.

This is the truth. This is why conservatives are leaving the Republican Party to the independent. Romney doesn't represent conservative values he only represents what's in his best interest. And when you compare him to the rest of the primary opponent it shows the party is in shambles.
Glock 17OD - Glock 21-SA XD45 Tactical-Beretta Neos-Delton AR-15-Benelli Nova-Ruger LCP w/CT-Savage Arms BTV 64-Mosin Nagant(Old Faithful)-Ruger Security Six-Ruger SR9c-Uberti Cattleman-Marlin 336-Tikka T3 Lite-S&W Model 36
Anglin_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:19   #91
Nalapombu

Glad to know I'm not alone in my thinking. I pray all the time that GOD will bless the United States and put the desire to see America be great again in so many people's hearts that there would be no doubts on Wednesday morning. I just Pray that our people get out and vote and their people are too bombed on weed that they can't find the polls or so much Oxy makes them think the election is on Wednesday.

Is Romney my ideal candidate? NO. I wouldn't have minded Newt or Bachmann or Santorum. The problem why those true conservatives cannot get the nomination lies in the way the RNC has set up the primary system. It's a winner take all system so there can't be delegates getting together and pooling resources to get the right person in there. All the states in the beginning that play a HUGE factor in who will eventually get the nod are states that aren't that conservative. The RNC set this whole system up to get exactly what we have now, a moderate (at best) conservative and one that they think will appeal to a wider audience. The BIG WIGS in the RNC believes that conservatives scare the precious moderates and can never win a national election. Heck the RNC bailed on that Senate candidate in missouri in about 10 seconds and withdrew all of his funding. Sure he made a dumb statement and he apologized for it. That's hardly a reason to dump him on the spot. You'd have thought that pics came out that showed that candidate dressed in a sheet with the point hat giving the Heil Hitler salute and calling himself the Grand Kleagle. The way the RNC operates just makes me sick.

I do think that if Romney loses, the RNC will turn into almost a 3rd party. If they can't beat a guy with the record that Soetero has, who can they beat? I can tell you exactly who will be running in 2016 that we're gonna have to face....Hillary Klinton. Have you read ANY negative reports about her job performance since she's been in? Hell we just had 4 really good and decent men murdered by the Religion of Peace and they still can't call it terrorism and instead of doing something about those mobs of cavemen with rpg's they arrest and are going to try and send a man that made a goofy movie trailer about Muslims back to prison just to show the world of Islam that we take it serious when someone makes fun of Mohammed. So much so that we'll throw out the most important freedom our Constitution gives us, the Freedom of Speech just to make them happy and like us more. That's the state of the country we're in. Can you even fathom Reagan behaving this way if he were President right now? I would bet money that about 15 minutes after finding out that those men were murdered there would've been bombers heading that way post haste.

As for voting, I am a new citizen of the Republic of Texas and got my Voter Card in the mail a month ago acknowledging my registration and a team of wild pigs couldn't keep me away from that polling place on election day. If I happen to be DEAD, yeah I'll miss this vote.

For all of you that posted that you think Romney will win or win easily, from your mouth to GODS EARS. I hope and pray that you all are right. I wish I had your optimism, but I have just been down lately in seeing how Romney is handling this fight and how he is up against much more than just a guy named Soetero. All the constant negative headlines day after day, even though I knew they were coming, just get to me after a while and I find it difficult to comprehend how this is even a close race. This country is on the verge of going BANKRUPT and there is still a majority, or close to one, that could care less and will pull that lever for Soetero. I find it difficult that there are so many people that are that ignorant in this country and it really gets me down when I realize that there really are that many. I try to find the silver lining in the reports, but it's been getting tougher lately when you see and hear our guy appearing at the Bill Klinton forum to give a speech and talk about what a boost he has been to Soetero. Then you hear him talk about what a nice guy Soetero is. I get sick of it. Hell even Trump told Romney "STOP CALLING HIM A NICE GUY." He is up against a group that is absolutely vicious and would stop at nothing to destroy not only his political chances, but would also gladly destroy Romney as a man, a husband, a father and a businessman. Heck they've already pretty much destroyed his business acumen. Going up against people like that you'd think Romney would get the hint and fight, but he won't do it.

Is it too much to ask for Romney to get on stage and at least ACT like he WANTS to be President? Sometimes he looks like he's running for City Council for Bangor Maine.

Well it'll all come down to Wednesday night in Denver. The biggest audience will be tuned in and Romey has that chance to show what he has in him. Whether he loves this country enough to get on stage with a competitor that stopped just short of calling him a murderer and did accuse him of being a felon, and tell the people that he loves this country so much that he is willing to fight the hardest battle of his life to make it better and then takes the gloves off and shows why he is the best man for the job, the ONLY man for the job and that this country can't withstand another 4 years of Barry Soetero.

Maybe the most insulting thing I find is that we have a guy running for president that got an MBA and a JD at the same time from Harvard and is a brilliant businessman, by any objective measure and he's in the fight of his life against a guy that was an acknowledged DRUG ADDICT in high school and college, hung out with the most radical and anti-usa vermin that he could scrounge up (his own admission) and has never worked a day in the private sector and from what I can tell has never even owned or operated so much as a lemonade stand. And the press and a sizeable portion of the country actually thinks the Dope Addict is a better man to run and manage the biggest and most complex corporation the world has ever seen. It's just insulting.

GOD I hope Romney wins.

Nalajr
Old 09-29-2012, 03:36   #92
MarinePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIG-SOG View Post
So you don't live in the USA anymore - are you not a US citizen, or just stationed overseas? A citizen of another country?
What does any of the above even matter? OK, I'll play along though, I am a US citizen who is living in Asia by my own choice.
MarinePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:17   #93
FFR Spyder GT
Ex-Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drilled View Post
If he can get the Evangelical vote out he has a great chance.
Why on Earth would an Evangelical Christian vote for someone that belongs to a Nutjob religious cult?
FFR Spyder GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:21   #94
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Lesser of two evils goes to incumbent, more often than not. Regardless, it's not the President we should be worried about, it's Congress.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:34   #95
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
I don't believe people are stupid enough to let Obama have 4 more years. So yea, I think Romney will win in a landslide.
I have to disagree. W got a second term after proving to be a complete failure during his first. I don't see any reason why at this point that history will not repeat itself.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:50   #96
Kevin108
HADOKEN!

We have bases in over 170 countries around the world. We have 1.4 million people on active duty and another 1.4 million reserves. What about that suggests any need for more troops?

In one of Romney's latest addresses, he expresses a desire to to add 28 ships and 100,000 active duty personnel. Based on average costs, these additions carry an $84 billion price tag just for the initial buy-in. Bigger military is still bigger government.

Combine that with the outright attack against Ron Paul delegates at the RNC and it really doesn't seem likely that I can, with a clear conscience, hold my nose and vote for Romney. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

If the GOP can't nominate a truly polarizing candidate that offers clear and inverse plan to what the progressives are doing, then there's really no point in voting. It's like choosing who's driving the car that broadsides you.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a
little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
_____- Ben Franklin
Kevin108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:09   #97
mabgrac

Yea I read about the polls all the time and hear the naysayers saying Romney can't win, but then I think about it and in my mind it seems almost impossible that Obama will be re-elected.

For one, I find it hard to believe anyone who voted for McCain will now be voting for Obama, so give Romney 99% of those votes. I find it hard to believe that at least 5 to 10 out of 100 2008 Obama voters won't switch over to Romney. I find it hard to believe that Democratic turnout will be anywhere near 2008 levels when so many people were excited about Obama. I find it hard to believe that the Anti-Obama vote won't turn out in record levels. I find it hard to believe that the youth vote will turn out for Obama like it did in 2008. I find it hard to believe that the black, Jewish, Union and Independent voters will turn out and vote for Obama like they did in 2008.

You can go down the line of the 2008 voting blocks and I can't see one set of constituents that Obama should do as well with this time as he did in 2008 except maybe the LGBT crowd and shockingly out of the gay people I know, which is only like 5 or 6 people, at least half of them are voting for Romney.

So to me it becomes a matter of do I believe what the polls and the media say or do I believe what my own eyes and thoughts tell me?

The other interesting thing is this time I see way fewer bumper stickers and signs for either candidate. Which I think probably bodes well for Romney.

I guess you could say I am cautiously optimistic Romney will win.
mabgrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:12   #98
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Nope...Romney is gonna lose, simple as that. The GOP deserves it too, for putting up a sh-t nominee. Can't wait for 2016 to see who the next flaming RINO will be.
This. They didn't learn their lesson from the last time.

They need to:

1) Update their platform, or face losing relevance.
2) Clean their current house of all the losers.
3) Start growing leaders.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:12   #99
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabgrac View Post
Yea I read about the polls all the time and hear the naysayers saying Romney can't win, but then I think about it and in my mind it seems almost impossible that Obama will be re-elected.

For one, I find it hard to believe anyone who voted for McCain will now be voting for Obama, so give Romney 99% of those votes. I find it hard to believe that at least 5 to 10 out of 100 2008 Obama voters won't switch over to Romney. I find it hard to believe that Democratic turnout will be anywhere near 2008 levels when so many people were excited about Obama. I find it hard to believe that the Anti-Obama vote won't turn out in record levels. I find it hard to believe that the youth vote will turn out for Obama like it did in 2008. I find it hard to believe that the black, Jewish, Union and Independent voters will turn out and vote for Obama like they did in 2008.

You can go down the line of the 2008 voting blocks and I can't see one set of constituents that Obama should do as well with this time as he did in 2008 except maybe the LGBT crowd and shockingly out of the gay people I know, which is only like 5 or 6 people, at least half of them are voting for Romney.

So to me it becomes a matter of do I believe what the polls and the media say or do I believe what my own eyes and thoughts tell me?

The other interesting thing is this time I see way fewer bumper stickers and signs for either candidate. Which I think probably bodes well for Romney.

I guess you could say I am cautiously optimistic Romney will win.
I think of it the exact same way.

Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:27   #100
Hummer
Big Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalapombu View Post
Glad to know I'm not alone in my thinking. I pray all the time that GOD will bless the United States and put the desire to see America be great again in so many people's hearts that there would be no doubts on Wednesday morning. I just Pray that our people get out and vote and their people are too bombed on weed that they can't find the polls or so much Oxy makes them think the election is on Wednesday.

Is Romney my ideal candidate? NO. I wouldn't have minded Newt or Bachmann or Santorum. The problem why those true conservatives cannot get the nomination lies in the way the RNC has set up the primary system. It's a winner take all system so there can't be delegates getting together and pooling resources to get the right person in there. All the states in the beginning that play a HUGE factor in who will eventually get the nod are states that aren't that conservative. The RNC set this whole system up to get exactly what we have now, a moderate (at best) conservative and one that they think will appeal to a wider audience. The BIG WIGS in the RNC believes that conservatives scare the precious moderates and can never win a national election. Heck the RNC bailed on that Senate candidate in missouri in about 10 seconds and withdrew all of his funding. Sure he made a dumb statement and he apologized for it. That's hardly a reason to dump him on the spot. You'd have thought that pics came out that showed that candidate dressed in a sheet with the point hat giving the Heil Hitler salute and calling himself the Grand Kleagle. The way the RNC operates just makes me sick.

I do think that if Romney loses, the RNC will turn into almost a 3rd party. If they can't beat a guy with the record that Soetero has, who can they beat? I can tell you exactly who will be running in 2016 that we're gonna have to face....Hillary Klinton. Have you read ANY negative reports about her job performance since she's been in? Hell we just had 4 really good and decent men murdered by the Religion of Peace and they still can't call it terrorism and instead of doing something about those mobs of cavemen with rpg's they arrest and are going to try and send a man that made a goofy movie trailer about Muslims back to prison just to show the world of Islam that we take it serious when someone makes fun of Mohammed. So much so that we'll throw out the most important freedom our Constitution gives us, the Freedom of Speech just to make them happy and like us more. That's the state of the country we're in. Can you even fathom Reagan behaving this way if he were President right now? I would bet money that about 15 minutes after finding out that those men were murdered there would've been bombers heading that way post haste.

As for voting, I am a new citizen of the Republic of Texas and got my Voter Card in the mail a month ago acknowledging my registration and a team of wild pigs couldn't keep me away from that polling place on election day. If I happen to be DEAD, yeah I'll miss this vote.

For all of you that posted that you think Romney will win or win easily, from your mouth to GODS EARS. I hope and pray that you all are right. I wish I had your optimism, but I have just been down lately in seeing how Romney is handling this fight and how he is up against much more than just a guy named Soetero. All the constant negative headlines day after day, even though I knew they were coming, just get to me after a while and I find it difficult to comprehend how this is even a close race. This country is on the verge of going BANKRUPT and there is still a majority, or close to one, that could care less and will pull that lever for Soetero. I find it difficult that there are so many people that are that ignorant in this country and it really gets me down when I realize that there really are that many. I try to find the silver lining in the reports, but it's been getting tougher lately when you see and hear our guy appearing at the Bill Klinton forum to give a speech and talk about what a boost he has been to Soetero. Then you hear him talk about what a nice guy Soetero is. I get sick of it. Hell even Trump told Romney "STOP CALLING HIM A NICE GUY." He is up against a group that is absolutely vicious and would stop at nothing to destroy not only his political chances, but would also gladly destroy Romney as a man, a husband, a father and a businessman. Heck they've already pretty much destroyed his business acumen. Going up against people like that you'd think Romney would get the hint and fight, but he won't do it.

Is it too much to ask for Romney to get on stage and at least ACT like he WANTS to be President? Sometimes he looks like he's running for City Council for Bangor Maine.

Well it'll all come down to Wednesday night in Denver. The biggest audience will be tuned in and Romey has that chance to show what he has in him. Whether he loves this country enough to get on stage with a competitor that stopped just short of calling him a murderer and did accuse him of being a felon, and tell the people that he loves this country so much that he is willing to fight the hardest battle of his life to make it better and then takes the gloves off and shows why he is the best man for the job, the ONLY man for the job and that this country can't withstand another 4 years of Barry Soetero.

Maybe the most insulting thing I find is that we have a guy running for president that got an MBA and a JD at the same time from Harvard and is a brilliant businessman, by any objective measure and he's in the fight of his life against a guy that was an acknowledged DRUG ADDICT in high school and college, hung out with the most radical and anti-usa vermin that he could scrounge up (his own admission) and has never worked a day in the private sector and from what I can tell has never even owned or operated so much as a lemonade stand. And the press and a sizeable portion of the country actually thinks the Dope Addict is a better man to run and manage the biggest and most complex corporation the world has ever seen. It's just insulting.

GOD I hope Romney wins.

Nalajr
Well said, Nala, and worth reposting. I'm with you 100%

I'm struck by how many people in this thread are resigned to Romney losing because they believe the MSM hype and polls (showing Obama ahead) to be true, even though the same MSM is universally distrusted because of it's leftist bias.

What we know for certain is that any person who posts to GT and advocates voting for the marxist, anti-gun Obama or a third party candidate, is both a fool and a fraud with regard to their support for RKBA.

Clint Eastwood
August 30, 2012
Hummer is online now   Reply With Quote