Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-28-2012, 19:23   #51
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
I've voting for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho in 2016.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 19:25   #52
Kalmah
Supreme Member

Obama's only appeal is his charisma. What he stands for, what he has done, what he has failed to do during his term is all irrelevant. He looks good on Letterman, he looks good on The View, and that's all that's important to our MTV/Dancing with the Stars/American Idol society.

It's enough to get him re-elected, and I think it will happen.
Old 09-28-2012, 19:37   #53
frank4570
Feral human

There are a crapload of people in this country. There are a crapload of republicans in this country. With ALL those republicans, why the hell can't they come up with 1 guy who makes a good candidate?

With Obamas economy, this should be a cakewalk.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt

Last edited by frank4570; 09-28-2012 at 19:38..
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 19:37   #54
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
Obama's only appeal is his charisma. What he stands for, what he has done, what he has failed to do during his term is all irrelevant. He looks good on Letterman, he looks good on The View, and that's all that's important to our MTV/Dancing with the Stars/American Idol society.

It's enough to get him re-elected, and I think it will happen.
Yep...this is exactly right. Romney is who the GOP (voters) put up to combat Obama. He lost to McCain the first time around, but now he's good enough to beat Obama??

You guys better gear up, Obama is just getting started...he's got 4 more years to go.
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:02   #55
SIG-SOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Yep...this is exactly right. Romney is who the GOP (voters) put up to combat Obama. He lost to McCain the first time around, but now he's good enough to beat Obama??

You guys better gear up, Obama is just getting started...he's got 4 more years to go.
And what is Obama going to do in the next 4 years that you would vote for him? Forget about Romney for a moment, why Obama? What has he done so far that you favor? Please educate me. I'm open to see the light. Why Obama?
SIG-SOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:04   #56
jdavionic
NRA Member

I think it will be close, but I think he will win. The question is whether it will be acknowledged. I expect a fiasco that makes 'hanging chads' look like a walk in the park.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:07   #57
Atlas
transmogrifier

I think we are seeing confirmation that "in the end, people get the government they deserve".

Sad, very sad, but true.

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:09   #58
jtmac
Señor Member

Send a message via AIM to jtmac Send a message via Yahoo to jtmac

I really don't know which way it will go. I think it's going to be pretty darned close in the popular vote, but I can see some swing states going to Obama and make it fairly decisive in electoral votes.

And as much as I fear a second-term Obama, the GOP has picked a candidate that scares me almost as much. I do think that he is likely to do (or not do) some things short term that will be economically sensible, but long-term... well, he really is like a caricature of what Democrats think rich republicans are, and that isn't going to be good long term.

If Romney loses, there's a chance that the Republican party could have a fallout... and whatever the end result, it would have to be better than what they have now.
Old 09-28-2012, 20:10   #59
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIG-SOG View Post
And what is Obama going to do in the next 4 years that you would vote for him? Forget about Romney for a moment, why Obama? What has he done so far that you favor? Please educate me. I'm open to see the light. Why Obama?
Obama hasn't (and isn't) going to do anything I favor, and I'm not going to vote for him. I'm also not voting for Romney either. It's 2 sides of the same coin. What we should have done was throw the whole damn coin away and vote someone in that didn't agree with either one of them. The primaries proved that the American voters are fine with the same old thing, and they're going to get it.

Last edited by tantrix; 09-28-2012 at 20:11..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:16   #60
MarinePride

Who even likes Romney? He comes across as a guy who tells a certain audience what they want to hear at the time he's talking to them, but wait. All politicians do this and you would think that the people could figure it out by now. I've been listening to the lies now for decades from all of the parties.

Quite frankly, the Repubs. don't deserve to win it because they always take their base for granted. I'm not voting, as I'm overseas anyway.

When Obama wins, he's really gonna show you who he is and what he is. Executive orders are going to fly from that desk covering everything you thought to be untouchable, gun rights included.

I just finished watching that Obama 2016 movie last night and it just confirms that the guy was heavily influenced by communists who hate the USA. Like it was ever a surprise to those who have watched the stufff he's done over the last three years.

Also, people are loosing the game of life and see him as the man to give up free stuff that others will have to pay for, ala redistribution of wealth. The number of have nots is increasing every single day.
MarinePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:19   #61
SIG-SOG

Quote:
Obama hasn't (and isn't) going to do anything I favor, and I'm not going to vote for him. I'm also not voting for Romney either. It's 2 sides of the same coin. What we should have done was throw the whole damn coin away and vote someone in that didn't agree with either one of them. The primaries proved that the American voters are fine with the same old thing, and they're going to get it.
So I should have asked this of someone else, and therefore do.

Then, is Obama going to do anything you disfavor? Again, you're either voting for Obama or against Obama. Do you not care? This isn't like the Superbowl and your team isn't in it so you don't care who wins. The winner WILL impact your life. So which is the lesser of two evils? Who of the two do you prefer? Its bunga-bunga time.
Old 09-28-2012, 20:23   #62
Ragnar

Yes, its over. Obama will win. So all you whiners keep whining. Don't vote. Don't bother. Roll over and let him win. You deserve it.

You people make me sick.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:26   #63

Quote:
Keep waiting for that mythical perfect candidate.

Let us know when, he/she/it manages to get nominated.

BTW, third parties don't win elections.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:36   #64
50 Cent

Ummm - yeah...with Tea Party set to vote and they constitute 35% of the electorate... They ain't voting for Obungo!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...rs-Set-to-Vote

LOL at these biased polls with heavy Democratic sampling - yet day after day Rasmussen shows the poll tied at best.

Worse for O - his approval ratio / disapproval ratio is the same as 2010. We all remember how good a year that was for the Dems
Old 09-28-2012, 20:45   #65
MarinePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post

The Repubs. have been trying to sell Romney to us, repeatedly, and we just don't want the guy. His record as MA Gov. is abysmal.

The base is tired of having their votes taken for granted. This will be the second presidential election I sit out. I want a candidate that reflects my values, at least some of them. If I can't get it, then screw it, the lessor isn't getting my vote.

I can have my own "scortched earth" policy with regards to elections.
Old 09-28-2012, 20:47   #66
Ragnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinePride View Post
The Repubs. have been trying to sell Romney to us, repeatedly, and we just don't want the guy. His record as MA Gov. is abysmal.

The base is tired of having their votes taken for granted. This will be the second presidential election I sit out. I want a candidate that reflects my values, at least some of them. If I can't get it, then screw it, the lessor isn't getting my vote.

Then don't come whining here when Obama passes a law requiring you to eat Broccoli at every meal.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:49   #67
RCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
I've voting for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho in 2016.
we are definitely moving towards an idiocracy!
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:50   #68
benji

I think Obama will win in a landslide. I can't stand either of them. Romney was the candidate that all of the other candidates called a liberal in 2008. News flash: HE'S STILL THE SAME GUY!! A real conservative could beat Obama. Romney is a faker and flipflopper and Obama will call him out on that in the debates.
benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 20:56   #69
MarinePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Then don't come whining here when Obama passes a law requiring you to eat Broccoli at every meal.
I don't whine about anything on here, check my past posts and you'll see that.

I don't even live in the USA anymore and I eat whatever I want to. There is no future for a lot of people with the choices you people keep voting for over there.

Keep voting for these empty suits, give them the mandate to make things better for you
Old 09-28-2012, 20:56   #70

Quote:

Thank you for being an illegerate citizen.

Last edited by 427; 09-28-2012 at 20:58..
Old 09-28-2012, 20:59   #71
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:

On the other hand. If you don't vote for SOMEBODY, it sends the message that it is ok to move faster in the direction they are moving.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
Old 09-28-2012, 21:00   #72
MarinePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post

They don't win because the powers that be don't want them to win. The people cannot have a voice anymore. Instead you get these two false choices every four years, D or an R, both are two wings of the same carrion bird.

That's OK because you people give them the mandate by voting. Stay home and don't vote, that way there is no mandate.

By foot or by rocket, the destination is the same.
Old 09-28-2012, 21:06   #73

Quote:
They don't win because the powers that be don't want them to win. The people cannot have a voice anymore. Instead you get these two false choices every four years, D or an R, both are two wings of the same carrion bird.
They don't win because they aren't viable. Besides third parties caucus with one of the two major parties - so it doesn't matter.

Quote:
That's OK because you people give them the mandate by voting. Stay home and don't vote, that way there is no mandate.

By foot or by rocket, the destination is the same.
You "people"!? You are right there along with "us people".

If you choose to disengage from voting, don't complain about the way things are going.

You didn't vote the last time, why are you complaining now?

It's this simple: Don't vote. Don't complain.

Last edited by 427; 09-28-2012 at 21:08..
Old 09-28-2012, 21:13   #74
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Actually what you want will just be squashed by people who don't agree with you and DO vote.

Old 09-28-2012, 21:13   #75
SIG-SOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji View Post
I think Obama will win in a landslide. I can't stand either of them. Romney was the candidate that all of the other candidates called a liberal in 2008. News flash: HE'S STILL THE SAME GUY!! A real conservative could beat Obama. Romney is a faker and flipflopper and Obama will call him out on that in the debates.
Obama is not a flipflopper. He is consistently full of crap and just a serious bad president.

Why do you think Obama will win in a landslide? Just a gut feel? The polls - which by the way are mostly rigged. If you don't get out and vote he just might. As I posted before, this isn't the Superbowl and your team isn't in the game so you don't care who wins. Obama will impact the rest of your life if he wins. If you like what he has done for you in the last 3+ years then by all means do or don't vote. I don't know that Romney will change the world for the better. I only hope he can postpone the serious crap we'll be in if Obama wins, until either a good democratic or republican candidate comes along in the next 4 years.