SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-28-2012, 16:49   #26
Ragnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Sometimes I can be slightly suspicious of polls especially when they are commissioned by media that might not be objective.
Yes, as I recall, polls had Carter up 43 to 35 over Reagan in 1980.

Not saying that is the case this time, but that tells me that polls are not the end all be all.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:50   #27
SPIN2010
Searching ...

Let's hope the yard signs in my area (OH) are not a good indicator of who will win, because if they are "the kenyan" is back in the saddle for sure.
SPIN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:55   #28
Drilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIN2010 View Post
Let's hope the yard signs in my area (OH) are not a good indicator of who will win, because if they are "the kenyan" is back in the saddle for sure.
Our states are too stupid to see the truth (MI here) and the unions have a strangle hold on the polls. we will both pay for their ignorance.

Last edited by Drilled; 09-28-2012 at 16:56..
Drilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 17:00   #29
mac66
Plant the seed

Those of us who were around when Reagan was running against Carter heard a constant bombardment by the media how Carter was ahead and would win. Reagan was behind in the polls the whole time but most people were tired of the economy and Carter's weakness as a president. I kind of see the same thing happening again. I don't see Obama having the same support he had the first time. Except for the radical left/media you don't hear the same rhetoric as we heard the first time.

On the other hand, the media is doing a pretty good job of making you guys drink the koolaid thinking Obama is going to win.

My suggestion, is instead of wringing ones hands about Obama, get off your butts and go help Romney win. I never before got involved in a campaign and I was never a Romney supporter. However, this year I volunteered to work on his campaign. I am not doing it for him. I am doing it for my kids and this country.

Its not even about ideology anymore. This country is about to collapse. Obama has failed and can't stop it. Romney can at least slow it down. Maybe long enough for someone to figure something out.

Last edited by mac66; 09-28-2012 at 17:06..
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 17:13   #30
Flying-Dutchman

It will be very close but Romney will win.

The media wants you to believe Romney is an idiot and cannot win, trying to discourage you from voting.

Do not let them fool you. Obama is vulnerable. Americans remember the crooked way the Obamacare tax was passed. The economy is getting worse again fast. This is going to be a close race. Americans are not suicidal.

Another 4 years of Obama would see his popularity at 20%.

Can you imagine a prosperous and popular next 4 years with Obama? I can’t.

It will be one freedom robbing law, economic disaster and scandal after another.

And remember, a lot of dictators are first elected.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 17:18   #31
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
The media wants you to believe Romney is an idiot and cannot win, trying to discourage you from voting.
I'm pretty sure Romney made me believe that.

Last edited by tantrix; 09-28-2012 at 17:18..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 17:30   #32
Ragnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
No, the media's reporting made you think that.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 17:30   #33
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:
Just remember, the other side is voting solid Obama. No third party for them.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 17:34   #34
jame
mange takk

Not so fast, naysayers:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

Rassmussen has a pretty darned good track record for accurately projecting true polling.

Just make damned sure you vote. This ain't over yet. The media would love for you to believe that and just stay home on election day.
jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 17:34   #35
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
It doesn't matter...the Dems have their act together, and the GOP is a complete mess. It's not hard to guess who will win.
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 17:35   #36
adamg01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
Although it's not over till election night, I'm pretty sure Barry will be re-elected.
It will be a little closer than last election but we will get four more years of Barry. I would rather take my chances with Romney but he is a very poor choice to run against Obama.
adamg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 17:46   #37
Hailstorm
Boom Shacka

Just like everything. I pray for Peace, but prepare for War.

I live in Michigan. Yep, we had a big union base here. But, most of the jobs are gone now. They didn't majically appear with the Big O. I just hope that people see him for what he really is.

The media is twisting every word Mitt says. I have unfriended a couple people on facebook for posting stupid crap. The kind of hateful stuff that anyone with a brain could tell wasn't true.

I stood my ground on the "Its everyone for yourself and win at any cost or We are all in this together" My response was simple. I guess I want to be a winner. Yea, then a bunch of people joined in and slammed the post supporting my stance.So, we are not alone.

The one that ticks me off now is the , post yourself with a note on why Obama should be reelected. It really ruins going to a movie when you have seen the actor supportting Obama.

So, prepare for War. I am buying what I can for the Zombies. Ammo and guns. Heck I even bought a sword.

Last edited by Hailstorm; 09-28-2012 at 17:48..
Hailstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 18:13   #38
camelotkid
non-believer

I think it is all over,at this point the only swing state he can give up and still win is NH. He needs EVERY other swing state.

Those of you comparing this election to carter vs reagan are forgetting the most important part of that equation. People LIKED Reagan. I have yet to meet a non-mormon that actually likes Romney, not one. I live in the south I can count the number of Romney stickers I have seen on one hand, I have see 1, only 1 yard sign for romney.
camelotkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 18:27   #39
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
Honestly, no.
I think it will be worse after the debates.

He is the wrong candidate at the wrong time and it is starting to show.
I agree. Romney is not an enthralling speaker. Neither is Obama but for some reason people think so. Obama will come off the winner in the debates because Romney will try to appeal to logic and while Obama appeals to peoples emotions. Romney is also a pansie that is afraid to go after Obama, hell, he's already pulling a Mclame and saying that Obama is a nice guy.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 18:32   #40
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotkid View Post
I think it is all over,at this point the only swing state he can give up and still win is NH. He needs EVERY other swing state.

Those of you comparing this election to carter vs reagan are forgetting the most important part of that equation. People LIKED Reagan. I have yet to meet a non-mormon that actually likes Romney, not one. I live in the south I can count the number of Romney stickers I have seen on one hand, I have see 1, only 1 yard sign for romney.
People liked Reagan and they disliked Carter, even the ones that voted for him in the first place. Also, people were more in tune to America and still had some idea of what she stood for. Not so now. The Democrats have created a confederacy of dunces that keep them in office and in turn, they keep the dunces dependent.
Old 09-28-2012, 18:59   #41
Providence

I am convinced that election will come down to which side votes - with side actually goes to the polls. I think the democrats know this too. That's why we keep hearing that the election is over and Romney has no chance. If we give up and don't vote, they win. We've got to toughen up and vote.

I've been watching and listening to Romney. He is growing on me. He has character. I only have hope that his policies will help. He was a successful businessman, and maybe that will help with solving our problems - we may be past the point of no return, but I can hope.

But 4 more years of Obama will be a disaster. And I am convinced that our only hope of defeating him is to get out and vote. If we vote, we win.
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 19:03   #42
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Nope...Romney is gonna lose, simple as that. The GOP deserves it too, for putting up a sh-t nominee. Can't wait for 2016 to see who the next flaming RINO will be.
Sometimes when I read your posts I start to think I have an alter ego I don't know about who posts on GlockTalk.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 19:09   #43
SIG-SOG

Regardless of what you think about Romney, how in the world can you possibly think Obama can get the job done when he has failed so miserably so far? Don't think of it so much as voting for Romney, but as "voting against Obama" And don't forget Biden, its Obama and Biden.

Last edited by SIG-SOG; 09-28-2012 at 19:10..
SIG-SOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 19:11   #44
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
The Democrats are much, much more talented when it comes to exciting their base to go vote. Gore, Kerry, and Obama would have all been slam dunks if the Republicans could get their act together and appeal to their base rather than try to stay a little to the right of the Dems.

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." - JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." - OXCOPS
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 19:12   #45
SIG-SOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIG-SOG View Post
Regardless of what you think about Romney, how in the world can you possibly think Obama can get the job done when he has failed so miserably so far? Don't think of it so much as voting for Romney, but as "voting against Obama" And don't forget Biden, its Obama and Biden.
And if you don't think the polls are rigged in favor of Obama, I've got some beach front property in Arizona to sell you. Do a little research.
SIG-SOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 19:13   #46
*ASH*

Quote:
nope...romney is gonna lose, simple as that. The gop deserves it too, for putting up a sh-t nominee. Can't wait for 2016 to see who the next flaming rino will be.
this....
Old 09-28-2012, 19:15   #47
NDCent
Socially Inept

Romney lost to McCain.
Old 09-28-2012, 19:17   #48
SixDemonBag

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
Who cares? The country is circling the drain and no one person is going to fix it, a complete overhaul of federal judges, congress, and public assistance is the only way to fix this titanic.
Yep, we're gonna eat a crap sandwich in the end no matter which chef makes it.
SixDemonBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 19:19   #49
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIG-SOG View Post
The left voted against Bush instead of for Kerry.
Old 09-28-2012, 19:20   #50

Anything can happen between now and election day.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote