GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-28-2012, 16:06   #1
Nalapombu

How Many of You REALLY Think Romney Will Win??

Hey all,

This campaign he has been running has been angering me more and more over the last few weeks and I just cannot understand why he is behind in a race where an astute candidate or politician would be 10 points ahead. I guess this is the new Republican party. We haven't had a REAL Conservative or a candidate that took it to the democRATs and wouldn't let them get away with their usual trash for over 30 years, Reagan. Is there anyone reading this that really thinks that if given the same situation that Reagan would be wiping the floor with Soetero? This guy is a friggin' clown, dumb as a damn post and a bigger liar than Klinton and our candidate is so damn bad that he can beat him. That really says something there. I just don't think the establishment republican party members, the ones that actually RUN the party, have it in them to actually fight. They're content to have an intellectual discourse in a gentlemanly manner and if they lose, well they'll still get to be on nice committees and their Cocktail Party Circuit invites will still be there. They don't like people like us that are conservatives. We embarrass them with the abortion talk, gun stuff, the occasional Birth Certificate questions and demanding the border be controlled. They don't like that and as soon as they get our votes, they are back to their usual selves.

The Romney campaign has to be one of the worst run presidential campaigns I have ever seen and I've been a political follower since my first repub presidential vote for REAGAN. He is NOT going to take it to Soetero. That's just not the way he is or thinks things need to be done. He and his team ought to be totally ashamed to be trailing in this race, it should literally be a walk and if we had a decent candidate that really FIGHTS, it would be. Have you seen Soetero taking his gloves off at ANY time? NO. He doesn't mind one bit about putting an ad out accusing your opponent of being responsible for the death of a mans wife from Cancer. That's what Romney is running against and his response is to continually call Soetero a "Nice Guy, Good Husband and father." How's that worked for ya Mitt?

Well my thoughts are if we can't win this one, I'm done with politics and the Republican party. There won't be anything left in 5 years worth fighting for. I'll just stay here in Texas and hope they decide to secede from the union.

Anyone else find ANY reason in this race to be optimistic?

Nalajr

P.S. If Soetero wins again, we all better gird our loins cause we ain't seen nothing yet. You think he was bad these 4 years, he'll pull everything he can to get whatever he wants. He's already showed he could care less about going thru Congress for anything. I'm talking all illegals being "effectively" legalized with the stroke of a pen. Probably lots of onerous gun and ammo rules and regulations, especially with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which is what their plan has been for a while, and the UN. It'll be a helluva mess for us, a paradise for the Marxists though.
Old 09-28-2012, 16:10   #2
Roering
Sorting nuts

Although it's not over till election night, I'm pretty sure Barry will be re-elected.
Old 09-28-2012, 16:14   #3
costanza187
I like Macs

I am voting Republican, that way I will have a clear conscience.

Voting is all I can do.
Old 09-28-2012, 16:17   #4
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

I don't believe people are stupid enough to let Obama have 4 more years. So yea, I think Romney will win in a landslide.
Old 09-28-2012, 16:17   #5
Adjuster

As it stands currently Romney doesn't have a chance in heck.

/
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:18   #6
Hellraiser

Romney will win by 7 points.

^..^
Hellraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:19   #7
Goaltender66
NRA GoldenEagle

Yep, I do. Popular vote will be close but the election fundamentals favor Romney.
The US Air Force has started including tax protester literature in the emergency supplies of their aircraft. If the plane crashes in a remote area, the crew is instructed to read the pamphlets and Goalie will be along shortly to rebut them.
Goaltender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:20   #8
devildog2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
I don't believe people are stupid enough
Sadly, I think what that means is that you need to go out and meet some more people. People, as a group, are shockingly stupid.
devildog2067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:21   #9
Jay9928
BUBBA ARMY

I am looking forward to the Presidential and VP debates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
It will be weeks before the general population discovers that you can't wipe your ass with a laptop.
Jay9928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:23   #10
fusegsp

I think Romney will win. I think people that are undecided aren't suddenly going to feel like the last four years were great. They might, however, suddenly realize that they've sucked.
fusegsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:25   #11
Bruce M

Sometimes I can be slightly suspicious of polls especially when they are commissioned by media that might not be objective.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:26   #12
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Nope...Romney is gonna lose, simple as that. The GOP deserves it too, for putting up a sh-t nominee. Can't wait for 2016 to see who the next flaming RINO will be.

Last edited by tantrix; 09-28-2012 at 16:28..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:27   #13
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
Sadly, I think what that means is that you need to go out and meet some more people. People, as a group, are shockingly stupid.
That, Sir, is sagacious.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:29   #14
eb07
Sharkin'

Who cares? The country is circling the drain and no one person is going to fix it, a complete overhaul of federal judges, congress, and public assistance is the only way to fix this titanic.
eb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:30   #15
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

I think Romney will win. Not by a landslide, but pull out a nail biter Hail Mary on the last play of the game.

Barry doesn't have that same magic he had last time around.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:30   #16
Drilled

If he can get the Evangelical vote out he has a great chance.

If the lying continues with this administration he has a good chance.

He needs to grow a pair and go after BHO and wipe him up with the facts.

If women for whatever will get them to think clearly he has a really great chance.
Old 09-28-2012, 16:32   #17
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

The debates will be the deciding factor. If Romney will come out really swinging with the facts and not hold back, I believe he will seal the deal.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:33   #18
Jonesee

Honestly, no.
I think it will be worse after the debates.

He is the wrong candidate at the wrong time and it is starting to show.

Last edited by Jonesee; 09-28-2012 at 16:37..
Jonesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:38   #19
Drilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
Honestly, no.
I think it will be worse after the debates.

He is the wrong candidate at the wrong time and it starting to show.
Hope you are wrong. We will plunge into the dark ages if BHO gets another 4 years.

People in this country don't really know what he is all about.

The average electorate is already in the dark and will be the first to scream bloody murder!
Old 09-28-2012, 16:38   #20
CAcop

I think it is too close to call right now.

I just read a three part article by a legit journalist who basically laid out the case why both will be elected. Both sides were reasonable arguments.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:39   #21
devildog2067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drilled View Post
If he can get the Evangelical vote out he has a great chance.
I disagree.

The only reasons I've ever considered NOT voting for him all center around pandering to the religious right.
devildog2067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:42   #22
Drilled

Quote:
I disagree.

The only reasons I've ever considered NOT voting for him all center around pandering to the religious right.
Would it not be a numbers thing? There are twenty some million Evangelicals in this country.

It pulled GWB out in 2004.

Last edited by Drilled; 09-28-2012 at 16:43..
Drilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:43   #23
costanza187
I like Macs

Quote:
This is especially important in the swing states.
Old 09-28-2012, 16:45   #24
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roering View Post
Although it's not over till election night, I'm pretty sure Barry will be re-elected.
Honestly, I agree. The republicans needed a REAL CONSERVATIVE to really get the base excited about Romney.

I hope I'm wrong, and I will gladly come to GT and tell everyone I was if I am... Unless Romney just obliterates Barry in the debates (which is possible)... I think we're going to get another 4yrs of Obama. Along w/ Obamacare, and what will likely be a relentless assault on the 2nd amendment.

Quote:
I disagree.

While that may be true, Evangelicals make up a huge portion of the republican base. They would no doubt inflame a few, but they would gain much more.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 16:46   #25
Slackinoff

Quote:
Yep, for an example/entertainment, take a look at the "fail" videos on youtube...then imagine all the stupidity that doesn't get recorded/on youtube.