SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-24-2012, 20:42   #251
Averageman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
Romney's charitable donations were NOT merely tithes to the Mormon Church. He currently supports over a dozen different private charities as per his released tax statements and of the 4 million he donated to charities, only about 1 million was to the LDS. He also reportedly donated an additional 1.6 million or so to the LDS that he never even claimed a deduction for.
Over a dozen different private charities....
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 20:49   #252
Trew2Life
#the struggle

I could not care less about Mitt Romney's charitable donations. I did not inject that into this thread. I no more believe Mitt Romney's 2 tax returns than the Right believes in Obama's birth certificate.
Old 09-24-2012, 20:53   #253
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trew2Life View Post
I could not care less about Mitt Romney's charitable donations. I did not inject that into this thread. I no more believe Mitt Romney's 2 tax returns than the Right believes in Obama's birth certificate.
And you look about as ridiculous as the "Birther's" by denying reality in such a manner.

Just saying...
Old 09-24-2012, 20:53   #254
Averageman

And this from the Left at the New York Post, not exactly known as Republican friendly and by a writer who was set straight on Romney's charity work.
$50 Million in 20 years..

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...Io2zq1LmrNInjN
Old 09-24-2012, 20:58   #255
Averageman

Quote:
So when set straight about Romeny and his charity work and his tax payments...
You could care less, I'm glad he cares more and gives more. He's a good Man.
But play the race card with than the Right believes in Obama's birth certificate.
Who would have thought a democrat would stoop so low?

Brought to you by the Democratic Party inventor of Jim Crow Laws.
Old 09-24-2012, 21:03   #256
Trew2Life
#the struggle

You guys are deluding yourself if you believe that every charity that every millionaire donates to comes out of the kindness of his heart. Charitable donations are used by the wealthy as another means of lowering their tax liability. These 'private organizations' are in the form of fraternal societies. They're donating to their favorite club houses. Let's not be so naive to think it's all going to the March of Dimes.
Old 09-24-2012, 21:08   #257
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Not to change the subject ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
But play the race card with than the Right believes in Obama's birth certificate.
I'm glad to see someone step up and call the birther issue a 'race card'. All this time they've been trying to pass it off as 'nationalism',
Old 09-24-2012, 21:08   #258
Averageman

Quote:
You guys are deluding yourself if you believe that every charity that every millionaire donates to comes out of the kindness of his heart. Charitable donations are used by the wealthy as another means of lowering their tax liability. These 'private organizations' are in the form of fraternal societies. They're donating to their favorite club houses. Let's not be so naive to think it's all going to the March of Dimes.
Read the article from the Post.
If he would have paid the Taxes on the 50 million he would have paid 35 cents on the dollar.
As it is he gave away 50 million, had he kept it and paid taxes on it he would have been 30 million or so ahead.
But that darn Mitt gave it away to charity,....
Makes you kinda hate him even more don't it?
Old 09-24-2012, 21:11   #259
Averageman

Quote:
Not to change the subject ...
I'm glad to see someone step up and call the birther issue a 'race card'. All this time they've been trying to pass it off as 'nationalism',
No clearly, YOU played the race card.
By the way the Obama's gave 65K to Rev Wright, you remember the "God D*mn America" guy?
Then when it became politically uncomfortable they dropped him like a hot potatoe.

Last edited by Averageman; 09-24-2012 at 21:12..
Old 09-24-2012, 21:12   #260
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Man, I bet you are a blast at dinner parties!
Old 09-24-2012, 21:14   #261
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Read the article from the Post.
If he would have paid the Taxes on the 50 million he would have paid 35 cents on the dollar.
As it is he gave away 50 million, had he kept it and paid taxes on it he would have been 30 million or so ahead.
But that darn Mitt gave it away to charity,....
Makes you kinda hate him even more don't it?
And so, interestingly enough, he doesn't claim the full deduction for his charitable donations. Thereby making his tax liabity comply with the 'no less than 13%' proclaimed earlier. Who does that? Who intentionally over-pays their taxes? Didn't he say over-paying his taxes would disqualify him as president?
Old 09-24-2012, 21:15   #262
Averageman

Quote:
Originally Posted by .264 magnum View Post
Man, I bet you are a blast at dinner parties!
he is a hoot isn't he?
The question then becomes what main course goes well with his Whine?
Old 09-24-2012, 21:16   #263
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
By the way the Obama's gave 65K to Rev Wright, you remember the "God D*mn America" guy?
Then when it became politically uncomfortable they dropped him like a hot potatoe.
Don't forget Wrights frequent rants against Jews, too.

Of course Obama claims that despite attending that church for 20 years, he had no idea what was being preached!
Old 09-24-2012, 21:20   #264
Averageman

Quote:
And so, interestingly enough, he doesn't claim the full deduction for his charitable donations. Thereby making his tax liabity comply with the 'no less than 13%' proclaimed earlier. Who does that? Who intentionally over-pays their taxes? Didn't he say over-paying his taxes would disqualify him as president?
Thats funny because so many from the left are saying they dont pay enough in taxes.
Romney overpays by not taking deductions and you complain, he gives an additional 4 million to charity this year and you say it's a scam.
50 million in 20 years to charity, yep that can only sound like a scam. The tough thing is its all down on paper and you have liberals now saying it's very charitable and noble.
I think your just afraid to pull those Obama stickers off your Subaru and admit your wrong.
Old 09-24-2012, 21:21   #265
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Who does that? Someone who is giving for the sake of giving and not for private gain.

As for his statement, Romney wasn't talking about faith and charity. He was talking about overpaying taxes due to financial ineptitude.

Last edited by tsmo1066; 09-24-2012 at 21:21..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 21:22   #266
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
No. Clearly I made a comparision of things people disbelieve dispite the evidence to the contrary. Tax Returns / Birth Certificate and how both are considered suspect. Personally, I think it's easier to fake a tax return.
Old 09-24-2012, 21:26   #267
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
No. Clearly I made a comparision of things people disbelieve dispite the evidence to the contrary. Tax Returns / Birth Certificate and how both are considered suspect. Personally, I think it's easier to fake a tax return.
Really? Price Waterhouse Coopers has issued a sworn affidavit regarding his taxes.

As for Birth Certificates, millions of illegals buy them on the street every year, often for less than $100.
Old 09-24-2012, 21:32   #268
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Thats funny because so many from the left are saying they dont pay enough in taxes.
Romney overpays by not taking deductions and you complain, he gives an additional 4 million to charity this year and you say it's a scam.
50 million in 20 years to charity, yep that can only sound like a scam. The tough thing is its all down on paper and you have liberals now saying it's very charitable and noble.
I think your just afraid to pull those Obama stickers off your Subaru and admit your wrong.
What I will admit is your strawman argument has failed. This was/is never about charitable contributions. If you choose to believe that Mitt Romney is a magnanimous philanthropist, go right ahead. Add that to the, 'I don't worry about the 47%' mantra and run with it through election day.
Old 09-24-2012, 21:54   #269
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
Really? Price Waterhouse Coopers has issued a sworn affidavit regarding his taxes.

Oh. No. Not PWC. Would this be the same PWC that's intwined with the MF Global business scandal?

As for Birth Certificates, millions of illegals buy them on the street every year, often for less than $100.

Yep, and sometimes they're on special; buy one birth certificate get one free. Just pay separate shipping and handling.
Denial
Old 09-24-2012, 22:55   #270
Bulldog44cal

He's not lying. Welfare and handouts cost taxpayers millions. Why should working class get taxed to death to support communities that contribute zero to the nation. It's not a secret that the democrats need these dependents to secure votes based on welfare handout rewards. All resources are abused by this 47%, they call the police at the drop of a hat and the decent neighborhoods never see their local police. Ambulance is called for everything and we pick up the bill. Everything is handed to this 47%, the "why work when checks come in the mail" mentality is now the standard. These 47% aren't looking for jobs, why should they when we, the taxpayers, have +30% of our wages appropriated to ensure they never have to lift a finger except to have a drink or commit a crime against the hands that feed them. Worse part is that they're proud of this lifestyle. We the tax payers are the jokes and suckers to the 47%.
Bulldog44cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:04   #271
Averageman

Quote:
What I will admit is your strawman argument has failed. This was/is never about charitable contributions. If you choose to believe that Mitt Romney is a magnanimous philanthropist, go right ahead. Add that to the, 'I don't worry about the 47%' mantra and run with it through election day.
Yes it is about Character, you misinterpeted Mitt's comments about the 47% in a way that made him sound uncaring to the poor.
I clearly proved you wrong, so them you start in on Mitts contributions to Charity, and you complained these were Tith's to the Morman Church, caught you there, dozens of charities. Then you bring up birth certificates, playing the race card. That didn't work.
Then I posted news articles, some even showing that Romney has dontated 50 Million in 20 years to many different charities.
And I am using a strawman argument?
let me direct you here,.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man_proposal
When faced with fact you change the subject and try another tact.
You Sir, not I used the Strawman.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:11   #272
Flying-Dutchman

All these Romney this, Romney that threads on a gun forum no less.

There are more liberals here than in real life and I live in a Blue State.

No one I know is wasting their vote going third party.

Usually it does not matter when you vote but sometimes it does.

If McCain had won we would not have Obamacare.

Yep taxes are going up. If you have good health insurance in a few years it will be hit with a 42% tax; goodbye company provided coverage.

A lot of people work only for good health insurance and without that incentive will not work anymore.

A lot of health professionals are retiring if Obama wins. A lot of taxpayers are retiring too. Good luck with the mooching.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:13   #273
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Ok people, here's a quiz:

What stinks and rhymes with Mitt?
Old 09-25-2012, 02:16   #274
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post

The news media brainwashing - “Obama is GOD, Romney is Mitt”
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:21   #275
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post

Really? You're facing 16 TRILLION dollars of debt on your way to 20 TRILLION (which your children and grandchildren will be paying) and this is what you come up with?

How about this quiz. Guess what your US dollar is going to be worth in 4 more years under a Democrat budget-less spending policy? It rhymes with Mitt too.

http://usdebt.kleptocracy.us/

Last edited by engineer151515; 09-25-2012 at 05:24..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote