Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-20-2012, 16:15   #151
Trew2Life
#the struggle

If you think that the remaining percentage of voters NOT included in the '47%' really agree with Mitt's philosophy then you're deluding yourself.

The only ones who really support this 47% exclusion are at the base of the Republican party. Most Independents reject this idea and it will cost him voters.

Personally, I hope he sticks by it. Double, triple, quadruple down on it; run with it in the debates.
Old 09-20-2012, 16:22   #152
turretg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
The new media/Obama campaign (one in the same) is hitting Romney with everything they have.

Yet the polls are tied 47% to 47%.

I feel the polls lie.... I think Romney is in the lead. I don't trust the BO's media.
Old 09-20-2012, 16:32   #153
WarCry

The minority stuff is a second issue that some folks seem to be getting confused. The 47% speech is from back in May, and as many have pointed out Gov Romney said nothing about race in that speech.

Where the OTHER part is coming from is a "joke" he told just a few nights ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitt Romney
"My dad, as you probably know, was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company. But he was born in Mexico ... and had he been born of Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot at winning this. But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. He lived there for a number of years. I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino."
I don't know if anyone cares about this comment or not, just thought I'd post it to clarify where (I think) some of the confusion was coming from....
Old 09-20-2012, 18:10   #154
JW1178

I think a big problem with the republicans is they try to offer a warm hand to those who won't even give them a chance.nb Obama is/was smart enough to know to play to his base. He doesn't care about us hard working people and gun carriers, he knows we won't vote for him. Perhaps Romney has seen the light?
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 18:44   #155
lethal tupperwa

so you divide the vote that could win?

----------------------------------------

GLOCK CERTIFIED ARMORER
lethal tupperwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 19:38   #156
kat1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trew2Life View Post
If you think that the remaining percentage of voters NOT included in the '47%' really agree with Mitt's philosophy then you're deluding yourself.

The only ones who really support this 47% exclusion are at the base of the Republican party. Most Independents reject this idea and it will cost him voters.

Personally, I hope he sticks by it. Double, triple, quadruple down on it; run with it in the debates.

The LIBERAL TROLL is back, what happened did your contract expire on MSNBC, I know you still have that thrill going up your leg, hand in hand with Chris Matthews and Barney Frank.

Truly all you liberals deserve Obama, he will help you, if he gets elected we will see the middle class suffering as they never have suffered before, all the money corporate America is holding back will go over seas to countries with better business economies especially since we have dropped to 18th in the world,they will not be hiring here in this country,that and along with the lay offs that will come, you will be screwed. Get ready you liberal incompetents you want it and it is coming.

Last edited by kat1950; 09-20-2012 at 20:09..
kat1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 19:45   #157
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Nobody wanted Romney the first time, and they're not going to want him now. Not to mention, just the fact that HE is the GOP candidate shows how screwed we are.

But, we're screwed either way, because apparently American voters had to pick the guy with the best hair instead of the guy best for the job.

My gut says Obama gets his 2nd term, and honestly...we deserve it.
Everyone in this country with internet access got fully educated on every plank of RP's platform, whether they wanted to or not. He was on the ballot in every state, he got invited to every debate, he got airtime on Fox News, he got invited to Fox News interviews along with the other candidates. He's a senile, half-liberal/half-conservative anarchist who people thought wasn't presidential material. There just aren't very many fiscally conservative, atheist potheads in this country.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 19:48   #158
GAFinch

Quote:

What about the CNBC poll cited on page 3 that showed a 75% approval rating for his comments?
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 20:24   #159
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
I think a big problem with the republicans is they try to offer a warm hand to those who won't even give them a chance.nb Obama is/was smart enough to know to play to his base. He doesn't care about us hard working people and gun carriers, he knows we won't vote for him. Perhaps Romney has seen the light?
+1 That was what he was getting at with his "people clinging to guns and Religion" comments in the 2008 cycle. Romney is pretty much saying the same thing, just the polar opposite.

People are very polarized, 45% will vote for Obama no mater what, 45% will vote for Romney no mater what, its that 10% he needs to work on.

Still I'm getting sick how the media is lingering on this for a week now. They are pushing that Romney is sunk by the comments, while Obama's "Guns and Religion" comment got maybe 2 days of play and was quickly dismissed as being somewhat true.

I think its all a smoke screen. Keep the public focused on the Romney's 47% comment while the economy goes in the toilet and embassies overseas burn.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:47   #160
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal tupperwa View Post
so you divide the vote that could win?
IMHO, your definition of "win" is lacking. (please, no charlie sheen jokes)

Also, please define "win," per romney winning in the election, juxtaposed to barry soetoro remaining in the white house, BUT, first look at what has occurred in our nation's white house for the last six decades.

The old line, "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" comes to mind. barry soetoro merely rubber stamped everything that bushII instituted or rubber stamped from the administration prior to his arrival. Due to the time frames and the mass media's omissions or forced oppression on the sheeple, soetoro was able to actually go further with the things bushII began.

Whatever either one of these clowns promises they will do, or "change," is the exact opposite of what happens when they get there. Don't be so gullible as to think there is going to be a difference between these two figureheads. If romney even had a snow ball's chance in hell of getting into the white house, which he don't in 2012, they would make him into a puppet or kill him off for trying to do things other than what they want done. You want romney in the white house? Wait till 2016 when he actually has a shot while going up against hillary klinton.

They = united nations/new world order crony capitalists.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 09-21-2012 at 02:53..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:52   #161
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post

I don't vote like a lemming.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:33   #162
berto62

The Okie Corral
Old 09-21-2012, 10:03   #163
wjv

Quote:

CNBC Poll: 75% of readers Agree with Romney's Comments About the 47%

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge to rule it.
- H. L. Mencken -
wjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:07   #164
sheriff733
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjv View Post
CNBC Poll: 75% of readers Agree with Romney's Comments About the 47%
So it's probably easily 85%.

"This isn't domestic abuse. This is hilarious!" -Peter Griffin
sheriff733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:10   #165
johnd

Send a message via ICQ to johnd
Quote:
Originally Posted by turretg View Post
I feel the polls lie.... I think Romney is in the lead. I don't trust the BO's media.
Of course they lie, they are in love with him and his machine/handlers tell them what to report. Same for the press, another bunch of liars in Obamas handlers back pocket.

Id bet that when he loses the election they will report he won. They will say hes ahead going into the election even if he was at 0% just to get the braindeads to think they are backing a winner.
johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 14:50   #166
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

It's Obamas fault!

Paul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 15:09   #167
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Suddenly, everyone's a pollster. Ha! Well like I said, I hope he doubles, triples, and quadruples down on his comments and cashs them in at the debates.

I'm going to love Mitt's concession speech.
Old 09-21-2012, 15:50   #168
meleors
Cranky Member

Quote:
Much to my suprise did I find a forum filled with Conservative minded/Obama-bashers.
A gun forum filled with conservatives and Obama bashers. A surprise to you? You don't think much, do you?
Want liberals? Go to the bead stringing forum!
meleors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 16:04   #169
Trew2Life
#the struggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by meleors View Post
A gun forum filled with conservatives and Obama bashers. A surprise to you? You don't think much, do you?
Want liberals? Go to the bead stringing forum!
I think too freely. I didn't believe the stereotype that is portrayed of many gun owners. I guess I had to see it for myself.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:44   #170
BSA70

Maybe it is where I live. But I have yet to see an Obama camp. Everyone I talk to hates O, don't like Romney but will support him.

Then you see the polls and it shows Big O having a bunch of support.
BSA70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:48   #171
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSA70 View Post
Maybe it is where I live. But I have yet to see an Obama camp. Everyone I talk to hates O, don't like Romney but will support him.

Then you see the polls and it shows Big O having a bunch of support.
I also do not know anyone voting for Obama over a wide range of people I deal with.

And this third party “Cult of Paul” is unique to Glock Talk; I just do not see it in real life.

Pushing a third party this close to the election is a trick to suppress Conservative votes for Romney.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:13   #172
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
I think too freely.
No you don't.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:21   #173
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

It should be clear by now that our Presidents are not elected, they're selected.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:36   #174
Maxx702
Infamous Member

Perception is the new reality and the media is going all out portraying Obama to be much more popular than he normally would be. At the same time, everything coming out of Romney's mouth will be spun as some sort of gaffe.

I don't have a good feeling about the fact the polls have them even. IMO the democrat cheat machine is good for at least 5% with the illegal voters and their other assorted dirty tricks.

The political pendulum used to swing back and forth, but I beleive the scales have been tipped with all the people now on the public dole and the anti-capitalist movement the democrats have unleashed upon us.

If Obama gets a second term and the Dems regain control of congress, God help us all.
Maxx702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:38   #175
Maxx702
Infamous Member

The Okie Corral
Maxx702 is offline   Reply With Quote