SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:50   #41
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
no offense sir, but who do you think you are supporting when you fill up with gasoline????
USA
Canada
Mexico

Arab nations are way down the list on US imports.

Anyway, I handled a Caracal at the last gun show. While not bad feeling it was more than a G19 and I don't know what spare mags cost.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:59   #42
jp3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursix View Post
You do have a point for sure, but so have I since the author also says he wouldn't choose it as an EDC. I am not entirely sure the sights are a minor issue, in my experience sights make a world of difference when it comes to hit fast or miss fast.

As for the reliability I am sure it will be fine, the designer is a first class individual and the gun felt well made when I shot it.
But his reasoning was silly. It was like he was looking for something negative to say about the gun. Everything was "omg its great" until asked if he would carry it. And he still said at the end that barring sites and unproven reliability[which is a joke], its a better gun.

1. No one gets quick sites...which is what the guy had on his example. The standard sites are similar to every other gun out there. The Caracal point shoots much better than the glock in his test either way. I dont imagine that if you have to shoot someone in a hurry, that you'll be using your sites.

2. Even you admit reliability is a non-issue with the Caracal.

Last edited by jp3975; 09-20-2012 at 13:03..
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 13:32   #43
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
The sights can be changed, so that's no issue at all.

What IS an issue, and a major one, is that current 9MM GLOCK pistols are crap.....complete and utter crap.

I have owned 13 GLOCK pistols, and would not buy a current 9MM GLOCK at this point.

There is NO aftermarket rear sight for the Caracal which is moronically part of the rear cover plate. No night sights.

There are THREE roll pins that must be removed to clean the striker channel in the Caracal. WAY too complicated. Yes, I have shot one and the grip angle is funky for me.

My two Gen4 9mm's function perfectly. Then again, I know how to shoot and don't use Walmart ammo.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 14:21   #44
socialwork911

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggmc View Post
Well ... He is a racist. At least according to his first post. Making decisions based on someone's / a group's ethnicity leaves no other explanation.

Replace the word "Arab" with "White/Caucasian" and read his post out loud to yourself.
I am not racist....I just choose to buy USA when I can..and choose not to buy from arab countries-i've seen first hand, they do not like americans, and really never want to buy our goods...you can support this country or what ever country you're from in your own way

I served in the ***** for this country and was there the day of 911 in nyc serving....I don't know if did...but I would never call you un-american..so hold your ***** about racist, until you know me or anyone. even though, thanks to me and others, you have still the freedom to do so.
Old 09-20-2012, 15:03   #45
Chesafreak

Quote:
Your conclusion is not really representative of the conclusions of the article though. The article has many a praise for the Caracal, but the conclusions are towards the Glock for two very fundamental reasons: the sights were inadequate in the dark and the gun doesn't have any reliability record. Here is an expert:
Caracal offers a fiber optic front site option. I think others have already addressed the reliability. (German testing)
The Caracal has been adopted for the armed forces by Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Jordan, and the UAE.
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 15:04   #46
Chesafreak

Here's something you may find interesting:

Quote:
The slide to frame fit is very nice for a polymer-framed pistol, which I believe has to do with the long frame rails. The total frame rail length on a Glock is 1.58 inches according to my calipers. The rail length on the Caracal F is a whopping 6.8 inches. This is more than a 430 percent increase over the Glock, and is mostly likely responsible for the improved slide/frame fit on the Caracal. Both slide-to-frame fit and barrel fit are tighter on the Caracal than the average Glock.

Read more: http://www.handgunsmag.com/2012/04/2...#ixzz272vHOgtj
Old 09-20-2012, 16:47   #47
plouffedaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G36's Rule View Post
USA
Canada
Mexico

Arab nations are way down the list on US imports.

Anyway, I handled a Caracal at the last gun show. While not bad feeling it was more than a G19 and I don't know what spare mags cost.
$30 online.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 17:01   #48
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialwork911 View Post
I am not racist....I just choose to buy USA when I can..and choose not to buy from arab countries-i've seen first hand, they do not like americans, and really never want to buy our goods...you can support this country or what ever country you're from in your own way

I served in the ***** for this country and was there the day of 911 in nyc serving....I don't know if did...but I would never call you un-american..so hold your ***** about racist, until you know me or anyone. even though, thanks to me and others, you have still the freedom to do so.
I don't see myself buying one either.
Old 09-20-2012, 18:21   #49
Comedian

The trigger on the Caracal C is no doubt better than any Glock. I sold my G19 to fund my Caracal C. I was surprised at how accurate the C was. They are both excellent pistols, but i overall prefer the Caracal. I am waiting on night sight options for the Caracal's though. As soon as the night sights are available, i will start carrying the C.
Comedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 18:23   #50
Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVvrroomm View Post
I own both Caracal C & F. I have put a LOT of rounds through both of them. I'm a Caracal fan.

The Glock 19 is a better gun, period.
In what areas do you find Glock to be better? Just curious. Obviously sight options and aftermarket support is an advantage for Glock.
Comedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:00   #51
jp3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
In what areas do you find Glock to be better? Just curious. Obviously sight options and aftermarket support is an advantage for Glock.
Personal preference is all that i can imagine.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:37   #52
MrVvrroomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian View Post
Yes, the lack of aftermarket support (that may change one day) and the sight options are two of the big things.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a big Caracal fan. I'm one of the first people in the US to have handled/shot one.

The first time I ever shot my C was an IDPA classifier. It ran flawlessly. I took the gun out of the box, put it on my hip and ran the classifier.

I know I can get spare parts for my Glocks nearly anywhere. Not so much with the Caracal.

If my Caracal C and Glock 19 are lying on the table in front of me and the bad guy is breaking down the door, I'm grabbing the Glock.

I've worn my Caracal ball cap in every match I've shot since I got it in May of 2011. Trust me, that's a lot of matches. I always get questions about them just because of the hat.

Now that they're on USPSA's approved Production list I may even shoot my F next season.

Certified Glock Armorer
MrVvrroomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:47   #53
jp3975

Quote:

If my Caracal C and Glock 19 are lying on the table in front of me and the bad guy is breaking down the door, I'm grabbing the Glock.
Why is the Glock better for HD in your opinion?

You like the Caracal better for competition?
Old 09-21-2012, 13:07   #54
crazymoose
Nonentity

So far, they seem durable and reliable. These are things that can be quantified, and, in time, we'll have a fairly good idea of how it stacks up in those areas. Beyond that, it's pretty much a matter of preference. I prefer the Glock's trigger due to the better reset, but I wouldn't be upset if I had to carry a Caracal.

They both feel, handle, and shoot fairly similarly, which should not be a surprise given their origins.

Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. Voltaire

Last edited by crazymoose; 09-21-2012 at 13:07..
crazymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:22   #55
Chesafreak

I'm curious to know why the Caracal is good enough to run flawlessly in your competitions and you wear the hat but its not good enough to trust your life to it?

Quote:
Yes, the lack of aftermarket support (that may change one day) and the sight options are two of the big things.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a big Caracal fan. I'm one of the first people in the US to have handled/shot one.

The first time I ever shot my C was an IDPA classifier. It ran flawlessly. I took the gun out of the box, put it on my hip and ran the classifier.

I know I can get spare parts for my Glocks nearly anywhere. Not so much with the Caracal.

I've worn my Caracal ball cap in every match I've shot since I got it in May of 2011. Trust me, that's a lot of matches. I always get questions about them just because of the hat.

Now that they're on USPSA's approved Production list I may even shoot my F next season.
Old 09-22-2012, 19:23   #56
unit1069

I was all hot to buy a Caracal C model in .357sig if they're ever imported to the US but recently discovered the C model is the same size as the Glock G-32 I already own. Needless to say my 3rd generation Glock has been perfect from Day One so that solves that question for me. I don't need to buy a second pistol in a caliber/platform that has already proven itself to my satisfaction.

However, I do own a fabulous Steyr S9-A1 designed by Willem Bubits and it's an excellent pistol, so I do believe I have quite a few bases covered with regard to personal self-defense.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:30   #57
socialwork911

Quote:
Hate to break it to you but Glock is an Austrian company with an American subsidiary.
good news..Glocks are now made in USA
Old 10-03-2012, 04:37   #58
fowler

I,ll take the Glock over any of the spin off's of polymere's. Some will be whoo-ed by cheaper prices ,but then some will buy a highpoint to.
fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:07   #59
NCtrooper

Sounds like a good pistol, I think i need to shoot one. I will say it is alot uglier than my glocks though haha
Old 10-03-2012, 07:37   #60
mike from philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit1069 View Post
However, I do own a fabulous Steyr S9-A1 designed by Willem Bubits and it's an excellent pistol, so I do believe I have quite a few bases covered with regard to personal self-defense.
Have you heard about the L9-A1? Its roughly G-17 size.

General Firearms Forum

It supposedly has been released in Europe.

member -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- Fighting For Your Right To Bear Arms
mike from philly is offline   Reply With Quote