Old 09-20-2012, 20:49   #76
joshuajcrouch

Thanks to this thread I had to make a trip to Walmart this afternoon:

Sights, Optics and Lasers

joshuajcrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:12   #77
larson1122

I guess I should give an update...mine only lasted about 150 rounds before it bit the dust so I returned it for a refund. It was cheap for a reason.
larson1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:24   #78
joshuajcrouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by larson1122 View Post
I guess I should give an update...mine only lasted about 150 rounds before it bit the dust so I returned it for a refund. It was cheap for a reason.
Maybe you got a dud. What happened to it?
Old 09-21-2012, 06:34   #79
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by larson1122 View Post
Ditto...and only after about 25-30 rounds!

My problem...the unit kept coming loose when the weapon fired. With finger strength, I managed to strip the threads on the two knobs/screws (or possibly the threads on the softer aluminum body).

I was disappointed as I really liked the compact design and the brightnes of it.
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:40   #80
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak103k View Post
Now that people have had them for a little while, how are they working/holding up to actual use?
See my post above. I could have have receivied a non-typical lemon but after examining the thumb screw knobs and light housing, it appears there is some very soft metal/aluminum involved.

I really liked the brightness but mine turned into a $40 pocket light.

Live and learn....
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 13:43   #81
joshuajcrouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
Ditto...and only after about 25-30 rounds!

My problem...the unit kept coming loose when the weapon fired. With finger strength, I managed to strip the threads on the two knobs/screws (or possibly the threads on the softer aluminum body).

I was disappointed as I really liked the compact design and the brightnes of it.
I haven't taken it apart yet, but I am hoping that if I strip the threads I could simply go to Home Depot and dig through the screws/bolts bin to find something to replace it.
Old 09-21-2012, 14:25   #82
itstime

Wife is on her way home. I'm going to have to come up a reason to go to Wallytown. Hope I win. Wish me luck.
itstime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 17:34   #83
Providence

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstime View Post
Wife is on her way home. I'm going to have to come up a reason to go to Wallytown. Hope I win. Wish me luck.
Good luck!

Please vote! It's that important!
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 18:48   #84
itstime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
Good luck!

Please vote! It's that important!
We went. They didn't have any.
itstime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 22:29   #85
joshuajcrouch

I took the light apart this evening. I am 100% sure that if the OEM screws strip out on me, there is a away to retrofit a beefier screw on to the light. Thats an easy thing to fix...
Old 09-22-2012, 14:55   #86
joshuajcrouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajcrouch View Post
I took the light apart this evening. I am 100% sure that if the OEM screws strip out on me, there is a away to retrofit a beefier screw on to the light. Thats an easy thing to fix...
Ok everyone... I came up with a really good solution. My threads never failed on me since I have only had it for 3 days. The threads definitely looked weak to me so I decided to sacrifice my light in hopes of coming up with a good fix.

Take it apart and pull out the hinged piece that is spring loaded. You will need a good angle grinder to make room for the new screw. Here is a picture of how much I needed to grind off:

The next step is to cut the upper spring back:

Here it is all put back together:

Then make a trip to Home Depot. I picked this up but I don't remember what dimension it is! I think its a 8/32 x 1 1/4" screw. Just take your tactical light with you and find something that will fit:

Now put it all back together. It takes a little more work to get it on. But man this thing isn't going ANYWHERE!

Don't give up on this little light! I am really happy with the way it turned out and I hope this helps someone else out. BTW I want to paint the brass nut on the other side but no big deal.

Joshua
Old 09-22-2012, 15:01   #87
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I picked up one for me and another for my son.

Bought 6 CR 123 batteries, 1.3 Amp Hour, (not rechargeables) on ebay for total price of $5.17.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/1608563689...E:L:OC:US:3160

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 15:06   #88
ak103k

For all that "screwing" around, and your time running around, its cheaper to just get a TLR-1.

Zeitgeist - Addendum
ak103k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 15:18   #89
joshuajcrouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak103k View Post
For all that "screwing" around, and your time running around, its cheaper to just get a TLR-1.
Haha. It seriously took me longer to write that post than it did to do the grinding. If I had the money to buy a TLR-1 than I guess I wouldn't be posting here in the first place...
Old 09-22-2012, 16:29   #90
Fwdftw

Dude you can find tlr1s for 89.99 on sale. And they are proven. Not a peice of **** like the nebos. I have tried 2. Both were retuerned for refunds as they failed on me. Plus who the hell will make a holster with a nebo !

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Fwdftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 21:01   #91
TactiCool

So I was walking out to my tool shed the other night when I was attacked by a cottonmouth.

I had my G17 with 10 rounds in the magazine. I emptied the gun, and when the slide locked back, the light fell off the gun, and looked like this:

You'll notice that the screw was broken clean off of the rail. And no, it was not overtightened. I had just put it on the gun, with a penny to tighten it.

After what happened, I will never buy inferior lights again.

Last edited by TactiCool; 09-23-2012 at 21:22.. Reason: picture of snake unnecessary
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:08   #92
Doughnutman_923

Send a message via Yahoo to Doughnutman_923
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactiCool View Post
So I was walking out to my tool shed the other night when I was attacked by a cottonmouth.

I had my G17 with 10 rounds in the magazine. I emptied the gun, and when the slide locked back, the light fell off the gun.
A Cottonmouth attacked you? Only had a snake actively come after me once, but she was a Copper Head and I had been messing with her.

Honestly, I wouldn't have shot at the snake unless it was really close (but I don't know what happened), especially 10 rounds. But I guess some people just really hate snakes. lol

I had a Nebo Light (I bought it for $50 somewhere) It was different than the ones from Wall-suck though, never failed me. I probably won't buy one again, but it wasn't too bad. I just hate the switch, always got turned on under my pillow (Full mag, empty chamber) and drained the batteries. (Which was expensive)
Old 09-26-2012, 08:37   #93
BigSpenda864

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrthrB View Post
Anybody know if it will fit in a Safariland 6280 duty holster?
I highly doubt it. If you have the version made for a light it likely fits on the M3, TLR-1 or X200/300.
BigSpenda864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:40   #94
BigSpenda864

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrthrB View Post
Anybody know if it will fit in a Safariland 6280 duty holster?
If you have a 6280 I assume you carry the weapon regularly... do yourself a favor and spend another $50 and get a TLR-1s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwdftw View Post
Dude you can find tlr1s for 89.99 on sale. And they are proven. Not a peice of **** like the nebos. I have tried 2. Both were retuerned for refunds as they failed on me. Plus who the hell will make a holster with a nebo !
Exactly. I paid under $100 for my TLR-1s which is a great light. If all you're doing is sticking the thing on a nightstand gun and will never use it for much else the $40 one is probably ok.

Last edited by BigSpenda864; 09-26-2012 at 08:42..
BigSpenda864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 18:15   #95
cruisermedic

This light on my G22 and have had it about a year. This light is great. You won't find another light that is this sturdy and bright for this price. Nebo has some other really great products if you check out their website.

The only problem I have with it is that the side to suffer switch is easily activated when setting weapon on nightstand or in the dresser drawer. I found mine dead once due to this very thing.

As far as a holster goes I'm sure that its pretty close to some other mainstream lights in demensions. I have a guy that makes custom kydex for any gun and any light combo for right around 40 bucks.

Steve
cruisermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 18:23   #96
cruisermedic

These also look a bit different than mine. Instead of screws keeping the light on the rail mine has a spring steel plate that keeps it on. Slide the light on the weapon plate pops up and holds. Want light off the weapon press the plate down(hard) and slide light forward.

I purchased mine from eBay or amazon or something like that. Maybe an old style? But definetly no screws to strip or snap.
cruisermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 18:40   #97
Green Mountain Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TactiCool View Post

I had my G17 with 10 rounds in the magazine. I emptied the gun, and when the slide locked back, the light fell off the gun, and looked like this:

You'll notice that the screw was broken clean off of the rail. And no, it was not overtightened. I had just put it on the gun, with a penny to tighten it.

After what happened, I will never buy inferior lights again.
Is the serpant vanquished? ;-)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

NECC #64
Green Mountain Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 21:56   #98
TactiCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnutman_923 View Post
A Cottonmouth attacked you? Only had a snake actively come after me once, but she was a Copper Head and I had been messing with her.

Honestly, I wouldn't have shot at the snake unless it was really close (but I don't know what happened), especially 10 rounds. But I guess some people just really hate snakes. lol

I had a Nebo Light (I bought it for $50 somewhere) It was different than the ones from Wall-suck though, never failed me. I probably won't buy one again, but it wasn't too bad. I just hate the switch, always got turned on under my pillow (Full mag, empty chamber) and drained the batteries. (Which was expensive)
There is a small porch right in front of the door to the shed, and it would not leave from under it. Wasn't something I'd planned on or was looking forward to, but it was about 4 feet long and I was worried about my kitten. She was outside that night.
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 00:19   #99
biscotrip

So got the light and put it in my AR15 for home defense. Not a bad light at all, and bright. Gets the job done.
biscotrip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:17   #100
Hedo1

I've been happy with the Nebo products I 've purchased. Two weapons lights and a flashlight. Good value for the money.