SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-21-2012, 14:59   #1
1smoothredneck

Use Of Cover; And A Pistol Question

Hello, Mas,
In your recollection, what is the percentage(roughly) of gunfight survivors (Civilian and/or LEO) who use available cover? In my experience, even some pretty hard trained good guys seemed to occlude everything around them and lock in on the danger. Physiology aside, we know this ain't good. It just seems to be a fairly common "default" setting. Kinda gives new meaning to "stand your ground"! Just curious. I know it's very dependent on individuals. Just thought a stat might come to mind for you.
Also, what have you seen from the Smith and Wesson Shield in your classes? Reliability about on par with other M&P Pistols? And I'm particularly curious about the thumb safety. Does it get swiped on/off inadvertently? I'm not a fan of the reliability I've seen from Kahr polymer pistols, so I'm looking close at the shield. The safety is just a bit smallish for me to just train to thumb down as a default, but that is very limited time with one with about a mag and a half.
Thanks for all you do.
1smoothredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 15:10   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

No data base on cover stats, unfortunately.

I haven't had a Shield actually go through a class yet, but know several who own them in both 9mm and .40, and I'm hearing only good about accuracy, durability, and reliability.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is online now   Reply With Quote