Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-20-2012, 19:17   #1
TeaMan

Powder data with different bullets

I've been reading a lot on this forum about powders people are using for their 10mm loads and more use Accurate #9 it seems than don't. Blue dot seems to be a close second just from my observations.

I have been using Nosler bullets, JHP Trophy Grade up till now, which I think they now replaced with their Sporting Handgun bullet. Anyway, I have always followed reloading data for a specific bullet in the past, and Nosler doesn't have data for their 135, 150, or 180 Gr for the Accurate #9, only for the 200 Gr. They do have data for #7 for a couple more of them.

Does anyone have any safe loads for the Nosler Sporting Handgun bullets JHP for the #9? I'd really like to try it on the 135, 155 and 185 grain bullets.

How much difference do you find in different makes of bullets. If you find a load for a Hornady bullet of a certain weight, can that load be safely be used on a Nosler or other bullet manufactuer of the same weight, assuming similar bullet makup?

Last, I'm interested in starting to reload lead bullets. Does anyone know of any sources for bulk lead bullets? I would rather buy in bulk than get into making my own right now.

Thanks
TeaMan
TeaMan is offline   Reply With Quote