Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-20-2012, 18:02   #1
SteveKolt

XS Big Dot 24/7 sight system

Anybody using this system on any of your Glocks? Will the front sight fit in my regular IWB holsters, or would I have to replace them?!
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor

Last edited by SteveKolt; 09-20-2012 at 18:03..
SteveKolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 18:15   #2
1RoundEye

I haven't used them personally, but a guy I was squaded with at the last IDPA match had them. They seem to fit in the standard size holster without a problem. They also seemed to be fast with target acquisition, but left something to be desired when it came to shooting targets at a distance. I believe he was running a G17/22.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

1RoundEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 18:18   #3
rilkil23

I have a set on my G22 and it works fine with my three holsters. Tommy Thies IWB, Glock OWB, and a Bianchi Leather OWB. I am trying to get used to the set up but to this point I prefer the stock sights on my G19c and G26. I am a paper puncher and CCW daily.
rilkil23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 18:42   #4
lyodbraun

I have a set on my G30 and no problems with it getting hung up on any holsters, and they are by far one of the best sights to pull up and be right on target with them... I love mine and have been very happy with them, ive only had one problem with them, though the rear sight had quit glowing for some reason ? I had to contact the MFG and take a pic of the sights and box (I know) kinda crazy but I did and they sent me a new Rear sight, let me tell ya it was a major PITA to get it off .. but have had no issues since...
lyodbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 18:46   #5
barth
six barrels

I've got them on the following;
Glock G27,
Sig Sauer P239,
Sig Sauer P220,
HK P30,
HK P2000.
S&W 640-1
S&W 342 ti

No issues with holsters.
Sights, Optics and Lasers

Last edited by barth; 09-20-2012 at 18:51..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 18:48   #6
Quigley
Elite Member

I have one on my sp101 and works really well. No problems at all with any of my holsters

GREEN IS THE NEW RED
Quigley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 18:57   #7
CanMan

A set rides on my G19 and on a S&W 340 that I have. I like the sights & have been able to use my existing holsters. They're certainly not Bullseye sights but for quick acquisition I don't think they can be beat.
CanMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 18:57   #8
Two-Six

Great for point and shoot <10 yds. When I go longer than that the front sight takes up most of the target being its so big. They do make a smaller front version I believe.
Old 09-20-2012, 19:05   #9
60Pilot

I've been lookng at these as well and can't decide between the BIG DOT or the STANDARD DOT.... anybody have experance with both they could share???

It's for a CCW M&P Shield.
CMMG 14.5" M4 Carbine/Ruger M77 30.06
**In God we trust. Everyone else, we monitor**
60Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 20:51   #10
danattherock

Got the big dot on my G20 and love it. LOVE IT. While I do acknowledge the logic behind it being a poor choice for longer distance shooting, perhaps beyond 15 yards or so, my results on the range contradict it. The single thing that shocked me was just how accurate I was out to around 20 yards. Very tight groupings for my skill level. This sight is incredible and I will be putting it on other guns for sure. As you can see below, the front site doesn't stick up much higher than a standard site.

-Dan
Old 09-20-2012, 20:56   #11
barth
six barrels

Ameriglo I-Dot Pros
XS Big Dot 24/7 Express

Last edited by barth; 09-20-2012 at 20:57..
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 21:06   #12
Beanie-Bean

Good stuff. Here they are installed on my G33 and G20SF. I've recently put some on my G39. No holster issues.

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 21:12   #13
RYT 2BER

I just got ameriglo i dots with the orange ring in the front around the tritium...

They're just awesome.... That orange ring jumps into your face. I personally think they offer the speed of a dot style sight with better precision but again, use what you're used to.
Old 09-20-2012, 23:22   #14

I put the Big Dots on two of my Glocks, a 26 and a 27 and had them on for the better part of a year.

I found them plenty accurate for close shooting. However, I found when shooting really close and fast I didn't use the sights at all. Shooting further back, I found the XS worked fine, but noticed I had to really concentrate to keep the big dot aligned over the post in the shallow "v" rear sight. I found that my shots would often drift left or right.

To keep things lined up and shoot with more precision, I put in a OEM Glock "u" steel rear sight. This corrected the lateral drift, and works well. The standard dot would probably work even better. After some time with this configuration, I found that the big dot covered too much of the target and replaced it with a OEM steel Glock front. This combination works the best for me, allowing accurate shots and quick alignment. Not very dramatic or custom as its factory equiptment. Too bad the steel sights are not put on the pistols from the get-go!

That's my expierence, I loved the XS - but over time found them less than stellar if I really wanted more than 10 yard accuracy.
153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:43   #15
samuse

I think that mirrors what most people realize over time.

The XS sights are great for everything you don't use sights for.

The XS sights off no advantage and are noticeably slower and more difficult to use when aiming is required.

When people ask me about XS sights, I always recommend to just remove the rear sight and see how they like that before spending $100 on sights that aren't really for aiming.

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:04   #16
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60Pilot View Post
I've been lookng at these as well and can't decide between the BIG DOT or the STANDARD DOT.... anybody have experance with both they could share???

It's for a CCW M&P Shield.
I don't have them yet, but this may help.

I want to get a pair of the big dots for my Ruger LC9, because the ruger factory sight dots are tiny. As I get older I'm noticing I having a problem focusing in on tiny front sights.

The S&W sheild factory sights have nice big dots. Going with the smaller XS standard sights may be a sight step backwards in terms of size.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:36   #17
fuzzy03cls

Beginning of Aug, I installed a set on my G22. I never heard of them before. But after some reading, they seem to be one of the best sights for a CCW.
So far I have no problems using them out to 25 yards. They clear the holsters I have.
NTAC, Crossbreed, & several Safariland.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:15   #18
Cwlongshot

I have zero clearance issues with holsters with my XS sites on my 23.

I also carry it allot in a MIC holster. This holster only covers the trigger guard. So I too was conserved it may snag on clothing during the draw. To date it's never once snaged anything.

As for accuracy, a 30 year bullseye shooter, it takes work. Up close on plates or poppers its greased lightning. I feel the inaccuracies I find with it are myown hesitancy shooting a dog bot in a coarse shallow v rear site and expecting accuracy... When I remove my "head" from the game the gun shoots great with bullets on target just as they did with stock sites.

CW
Old 09-21-2012, 16:48   #19
plouffedaddy

Quote:
That's my expierence, I loved the XS - but over time found them less than stellar if I really wanted more than 10 yard accuracy.
Same experience here. For the BG380 which I don't expect much from in terms of practical accuracy beyond 10m they may be the perfect set up.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 21:29   #20
DougW
Native Texan

Big Dot 24/7's on all 5 of my Glocks. They work well for me.

Proud Father of Two US Army Soldiers
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote