Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:16   #101
MrGlock21
NRA Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
For the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of Mitt Romney.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:34   #102
JW1178

Pretty much everyone Mitt PO'd are those who are already voting for Obama. I don't think he LOST any votes, but he might have given energy to a non-motivated Obama supporter which will GAIN votes for Obama.

It's really amazing to me how few people actually vote. We know the nation is about 50/50 between the candidates, but only 1/3 will actually go vote, so you only really need slightly over 1/6th of the people in this country to go vote for you.
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:42   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trew2Life View Post
Twisted Health care taxes ... read more from an independent/non-partisian media.
So, why isn't Obama running on his nearly four years of accomplishments like his signature Obamacare, among others?

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.

Last edited by 427; 09-19-2012 at 01:42..
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:08   #104
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven11 View Post
can't be that bad, Obama called rural America "clinging to guns and bibles" and lost some points with the African American vote by telling them to "take responsibility" and still won the election
That is true.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:18   #105
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

get a clue folks, we never had a choice in the first place.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:40   #106
Electrikkoolaid
Grape flavored!

The Okie Corral

Despite the soaring rhetoric and scandalous accusations, if anybody here REALLY thinks either party gives a flip about your piddly problems, you're deluded.

As far as "voting" goes: after the Bush/Gore debacle in 2000, the powers-that-be pushed hard for electronic voting. Numerous videos have surfaced since then showing how easily (and frequently) these machines can be manipulated, yet frequently NO PAPER TRAIL is ever created to allow suspicious results to be examined after the fact. Open source code? Nah, that's for Commies.

A few years ago, one county somewhere (someone please Google it) ended up with more votes cast than registered voters. Like 20% more! (Who needs to round up warm bodies to vote when you can just type a command and throw an election the modern way?)

...And that doesn't even mention the good old fashioned voter fraud that has gone on essentially forever, yet any common sense solution (like voter ID) sets off waves of howling about "disenfranchising the voters".

...Or the "directed" voting of people who are legally-eligible, but mentally deficient to vote (think group homes, nursing homes, etc. where the staff pencil-whips absentee ballots.) After her death, we discovered my wife's aunt "voted" for 4 years in her nursing home bed, even though she was addled by a stroke and unable to communicate at all.

Despite whatever BS is spewed, once in office BOTH will do exactly what the Big Money Boys tell them to do -- just like always.

This whole "election" thing has about as much significance, and legitimacy, as American Idol.

Last edited by Electrikkoolaid; 09-19-2012 at 02:59..
Electrikkoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:40   #107
geminicricket
NRA Life member

Romney blow the election? Hell, with Romney telling off-script truth like that I'm finally enthusiastic about him.
geminicricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:19   #108
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikkoolaid View Post
The Okie Corral

Despite the soaring rhetoric and scandalous accusations, if anybody here REALLY thinks either party gives a flip about your piddly problems, you're deluded.

As far as "voting" goes: after the Bush/Gore debacle in 2000, the powers-that-be pushed hard for electronic voting. Numerous videos have surfaced since then showing how easily (and frequently) these machines can be manipulated, yet frequently NO PAPER TRAIL is ever created to allow suspicious results to be examined after the fact. Open source code? Nah, that's for Commies.

A few years ago, one county somewhere (someone please Google it) ended up with more votes cast than registered voters. Like 20% more! (Who needs to round up warm bodies to vote when you can just type a command and throw an election the modern way?)

...And that doesn't even mention the good old fashioned voter fraud that has gone on essentially forever, yet any common sense solution (like voter ID) sets off waves of howling about "disenfranchising the voters".

...Or the "directed" voting of people who are legally-eligible, but mentally deficient to vote (think group homes, nursing homes, etc. where the staff pencil-whips absentee ballots.) After her death, we discovered my wife's aunt "voted" for 4 years in her nursing home bed, even though she was addled by a stroke and unable to communicate at all.

Despite whatever BS is spewed, once in office BOTH will do exactly what the Big Money Boys tell them to do -- just like always.

This whole "election" thing has about as much significance, and legitimacy, as American Idol.
Yet you cared enough to type a long post even including a picture; takes less effort to just vote.

Let’s see what happens with someone new.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:37   #109
Restless28

Romney said what most of us here believe and say often. Good on him for it.

But, some of the fellas in the thread are right about the "moderates". This will kill Romney there. He already had the anti-Obama vote, and now he's screwed the pooch.

Obama lampooned him on Letterman last night too.
Mitt just gave the opposition an early Christmas gift.

ETA: I also see we have another DU agent on board, armed with DNC talking points and the weapons of copy and paste.

Last edited by Restless28; 09-19-2012 at 04:48..
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:59   #110
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Romney said what most of us here believe and say often. Good on him for it.

But, some of the fellas in the thread are right about the "moderates". This will kill Romney there. He already had the anti-Obama vote, and now he's screwed the pooch.

Obama lampooned him on Letterman last night too.
Mitt just gave the opposition an early Christmas gift.
This is what the news media says.

They played “gotcha” cherry picking a couple of statements that can be used again him.

But Romney comes across way better on this tape than he does in public. It may backfire on the media/Obama team (same thing).

Romney needs to talk all the time like he did on this tape.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:03   #111
m51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
Romney uncut is impressive. Direct. Knows his stuff. No teleprompter needed. Of Presidential timber.

Actually, the Blaze is saying Mother Jones doctored the tape. Must have cut out the parts that made Romney look too good.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUEHpc6JKw8http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBj0joyCeag
Oh yeah The Blaze is saying they doctored the tape,,lol
Old 09-19-2012, 06:15   #112
Bruce H

Telling the truth is a crime above comprehention in politics.

Don Imus was really ragging Romney yesterday morning. Somebody needs to smash dons fancy hat out of his ass from the top.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:18   #113
engineer151515

"With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour." - Gene Kranz
Old 09-19-2012, 06:33   #114
johnd

Send a message via ICQ to johnd
"Despite the soaring rhetoric and scandalous accusations, if anybody here REALLY thinks either party gives a flip about your piddly problems, you're deluded."

^^^^^^^ that about sums it up. Strangely I know less about the cadidates motives here than I ever did when living at the wrong end of an Ak47. At least one understood the message there.

How can they be (allegedly) good people if they are in politics?
Why on earth would anyone want to be a politician? could it be the graft money? is it the free sex with pages and secretaries? free food? free travel? free everything later?

If they cant get anything done and are totally reviled for everything they do, why would anyone want to do that?

Re the OP, isnt it funny how the ( alleged) press here howls when anyone tells the truth?

Maybe we need a new electoral process, maybe a bunch of monkeys throwing poop at names on a wall might pick better.
johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:02   #115
Ian Moone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
These things have a shelf life.

Next week it'll be something else.

I'm waiting for the October surprise.

Fortunately in this case, the average American voter has a short memory. Let's review the great one's big slip ups in recent months that have already faded ...

You didn't build that

After this election I'll have more flexibility

This is not the end of Romney. This is just the latest diversion to deflect attention off the White House's latest failure ...Libya and the Middle East. Mitt just has to remain on message to deliver the win.
Ian Moone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:08   #116
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by m51 View Post
Oh yeah The Blaze is saying they doctored the tape,,lol
The tape jumps and is missing a section; the only question is whether it was intentional.

Every day the media says Romney is doomed over some new incident yet the polls are virtually tied.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:19   #117
kensb2
pistol n00b

If the "average American family" already has health insurance (and the 'rich' most certainly either do, or can afford to just pay any hospital bills), then why do we need Obamacare?
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:20   #118
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
Pretty much everyone Mitt PO'd are those who are already voting for Obama. I don't think he LOST any votes, but he might have given energy to a non-motivated Obama supporter which will GAIN votes for Obama.
No more so than he might have attracted some conservative vboters who were previously going to skip the election or vote third party. I actually think that is more likely.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:22   #119
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

I agree that if this hurts Romney in some way, it will be long forgotten when November rolls around. Its very similar to the Obama's , "Rural PA, and midwest people clinging to there guns and religion" comment. Most people offended by those comments were not going to vote for the candidate who said it anyway. There maybe a small minority of supporters that were offended, but it will be water under the bridge when they get in that voting booth.

The BIG thing will be those debates. This Romney gaffe makes me a little nervous that he might say something stupid in the debates.

However, I still think if Romney stays sharp and does not act like a D-bag he should be able to wipe the floor with Obama at the debates.

If Romney crushes Obama at the Debates - Romney wins the WH

If Romney gets crushed by Obama at the Debates - Obama gets elected for a 2nd term.

If its a draw and there is no clear winner or loser then its a close election and who know, but logic still tells me that Romney squeaks out a win. Unfortunately there is nothing logical about the presidential cycle.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:39   #120
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSA70 View Post
Right now I'm watching the news have a field day on Romney and his remarks on the deadbeat 47%, latinos, and African Americans. Even conservatives have stated he has blown it He'd better come out swinging on this or he is done
You've been watching too much television! Other than this, the only place Romney said or did anything wrong IS ON TV. I shouldn't be, but I am a little surprised. The naivety and gullibility of the American people never ceases to amaze me. If the television says it, a hundred million people immediately assume that it's true.

Forget Voter ID cards! From now on every voter should be required to show up with his W-2 form! (Hint: No more Obama)
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:39   #121
Z71bill

What about the Obama leaked tape?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D207416
Z71bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:25   #122
ChuteTheMall
What Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
Every day the media says Romney is doomed over some new incident yet the polls are virtually tied.
A close horserace is more profitable for pollsters, media, & pundits. A boring race doesn't get the ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Forget Voter ID cards! From now on every voter should be required to show up with his W-2 form! (Hint: No more Obama)
Why are elections held in November, but taxes are due in April?
How would America change if taxes were due on election day?
Would voters sense any cause & effect between the two?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:50   #123
MoCop

The people I've talked to about it say they feel Romney didn't say anything wrong. Matter of fact, their conviction to vote for him is even stronger now. I also agree with them. I think it may have helped him.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:11   #124
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

This is simple politics, every candidate says similar things behind closed doors. Obama is probably bashing some rich people with donors right now.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:53   #125
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
A close horse race is more profitable for pollsters, media, & pundits. A boring race doesn't get the ratings. ...
This^

How else does anyone think Sarah Palin made it onto the previous ticket? Now you know...

ETA: Additionally, romney will be able to come back and run again in 2016 if the media pretends he made a good, albeit losing run this year.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 09-19-2012 at 09:54..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote