SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-22-2012, 15:33   #261
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by YtownGlock View Post
Personally, I'm not a Democrat and I am not a Republican. I am just an American who loves his country, the constitution, the flag, and the right to own/bear arms and ammo
And that changes my statement how?
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 21:51   #262
CharlieDelta127

As long as your legal to own, with a clean record, your good to go in my book.

Last edited by CharlieDelta127; 09-18-2012 at 21:56..
CharlieDelta127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 22:03   #263
Brucev

Re: OP. Simple answer to the question is.... "No." Please note that "No" is a complete sentence. It does not require explanation and especially in reference to the OP, it is the only answer that in appropriate or necessary.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 17:34   #264
Thanis

If national recognition of concealed carry permits were to become law, I would understand if it included a clause that required the permit holder to concealed carry in a manner required in the state they were visiting while in that state.

Last edited by Thanis; 12-19-2012 at 17:36..
Thanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 17:48   #265
nursetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
If national recognition of concealed carry permits were to become law, I would understand if it included a clause that required the permit holder to concealed carry in a manner required in the state they were visiting while in that state.
What you mean by the highlighted portion? You want national CCW? Then have all the states get together and agree to constitutional carry. Invite Illinois, NY, CA, MA, RI and then ignore them.
Old 12-19-2012, 18:03   #266
Thanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
What you mean by the highlighted portion? You want national CCW? Then have all the states get together and agree to constitutional carry. Invite Illinois, NY, CA, MA, RI and then ignore them.
It is very simple. I can understand if there was a national recognition from state to state of each state's concealed carry permits, while you were in a state, you would have to follow the firearm laws of that state. This does not mean you would be required to follow NJ law if you were from TX. But if you were from TX, and visiting NJ, you could not carry hollow-point rounds while visiting NJ because NJ bans hollow-point rounds.

I would support gun control of this type. While I might find NJ bans on types rounds naive, you should respect the laws of the state (juridiction) you are visiting or just don't go there.
Thanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 18:09   #267
jdavionic
NRA Member

No restrictions on the guns that people can purchase...based on type. Rationale - the intent of the 2nd amendment was to prevent a tyrannical gov't from doing as it pleases to the people.

On those who can purchase - no convicted felons. Rationale - you forfeit your rights when you commit a felony. I'd like to see restrictions on those diagnosed with a mental disability...HOWEVER, this is a difficult one to determine a black & white test.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 19:23   #268
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numismatist View Post
I support gun control that takes guns away from criminals...
I support gun control that prevents them from getting them in the first place... and I support background checking, and I support proper training, and we the people, by the people, for the people.... not frankenfeinstein's "her way or the highway" approach.

Keeping and bearing arms is a right, but to do so also bears huge responsibility, self control, intelligence, and common sense. How many times have we gotten on the road behind someone that made you think "Damn, they gave that idiot a license to drive?" Now multiply that times 10 or 100 with a license to carry. It's not a question we would ever want to have to ask, even under our breath.

Take our guns away? He'll no. Make sure the wrong people don't have them? Well that kind of makes sense now, doesn't it?
Old 12-19-2012, 22:31   #269
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I support gun control that prevents them from getting them in the first place... and I support background checking, and I support proper training, and we the people, by the people, for the people.... not frankenfeinstein's "her way or the highway" approach.

Keeping and bearing arms is a right, but to do so also bears huge responsibility, self control, intelligence, and common sense. How many times have we gotten on the road behind someone that made you think "Damn, they gave that idiot a license to drive?" Now multiply that times 10 or 100 with a license to carry. It's not a question we would ever want to have to ask, even under our breath.

Take our guns away? He'll no. Make sure the wrong people don't have them? Well that kind of makes sense now, doesn't it?
Background check work really well. Oh sorry, you're a convicted felon we can't sell you a gun, but feel free go about your merry way you're free to go buy one on the street. Me on the other hand. Sorry there is a hold. Government drone... We can't tell you why every-time you purchase a firearm we put a hold on it. But feel free to spend your money on finger prints and passport pictures. Fill out a form and send it your prints and pictures to us. In a few months we'll get around to processing it and we'll give you your special number. Ve gave da Jews a special number too. Background checks... Allowing felons to walk away while making honorable citizens drive 200 miles round trip twice to purchase and come back for their firearm. I can get one on the street faster. Yep I love background checks. What is it exactly they do? Stop felons from getting guns? Yah right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep deluding yourself.
BIG DAWG #4

Last edited by Jerry; 12-19-2012 at 22:33..
Old 12-20-2012, 02:05   #270
RangerGibson

Everyone in this thread is hitting the nail right on the head. Gun control has never, and will never solve a darn thing. Little fun fact, The day before the shooting last week a man in China (one of the strictest nations on gun laws in the world) attacked 23 people in an elementary school with a knife. When there's a will, there's a way...

Last edited by RangerGibson; 12-20-2012 at 02:06..
RangerGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:46   #271
cajun_chooter

Guns do not kill people... all this crap about gun control won't save one life.. if a deranged, doped up idiot wants to kill a bunch of people.. banning all guns won't stop him..
anyone remember the OKLAHOMA CITY BOMBING ???
are diesel fuel & ammonia nitrate (fertilizer) going to be banned ?

why is it ... all the people that want to take OUR guns ... have 24/7 armed guards ???
cajun_chooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:23   #272
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Background check work really well. Oh sorry, you're a convicted felon we can't sell you a gun, but feel free go about your merry way you're free to go buy one on the street. Me on the other hand. Sorry there is a hold. Government drone... We can't tell you why every-time you purchase a firearm we put a hold on it. But feel free to spend your money on finger prints and passport pictures. Fill out a form and send it your prints and pictures to us. In a few months we'll get around to processing it and we'll give you your special number. Ve gave da Jews a special number too. Background checks... Allowing felons to walk away while making honorable citizens drive 200 miles round trip twice to purchase and come back for their firearm. I can get one on the street faster. Yep I love background checks. What is it exactly they do? Stop felons from getting guns? Yah right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep deluding yourself.
Bitter much? Bitter, line three... Bitter, please pick up line three... intelligence is holding for you...

I never said a background check was a cover all... but seriously man, just because there is some sort of glitch with YOU, doesn't mean it's not a good idea to check. You carry on like you're one of the convicted felons that's not supposed to have access to a firearm. Ease up. My main point is that there needs to be SOME form of control, not just the gut reaction of "hey someone got killed so let's take EVERYONE's guns away".

Sheesh. and YOU"RE a moderator?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:24   #273
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun_chooter View Post

why is it ... all the people that want to take OUR guns ... have 24/7 armed guards ???

If you don't mind, I'd like to use a version of that statement as my tag line for a while?

Last edited by Lord; 12-20-2012 at 09:25..
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 18:17   #274
BobbyS
You Talkin ToMe

[QUOTE=bandmasterjf;18289690]But they can't stick thier car in their pocket and walk into a 7-11.

I can just see some idiot trying to rob a liquer store with a gas can. Uh, hey dude. If you light that match your going up too. Oh crap............never mind.

................................................................................................

What happened here, where I live, is a guy got pissed cause they wouldn't sell him beer.

He didn't pull out a gun and shoot everyone. Instead, he got in his car, drove about 2 blocks away, turned around, then accelerated to a fairly high speed driving his car through the store front into the busy 7-11.

No gun needed.

Edit: sorry it didn't do the quote right.

Last edited by BobbyS; 12-20-2012 at 18:19..
BobbyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 18:39   #275
Gee21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
On those who can purchase - no convicted felons. Rationale - you forfeit your rights when you commit a felony. I'd like to see restrictions on those diagnosed with a mental disability...HOWEVER, this is a difficult one to determine a black & white test.
A felony used to be a serious crime, now they can amount to nothing more than a technicality, see the book Three Felonies a Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent.
Gee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 20:26   #276
Sensai

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhRedrider View Post
What controls, if any do you think we should have legislated upon the citizens of this country?

Please include your rationale in your statement. Thanks.
President Obama (gag) put Joe Biden in charge of the task force to reduce gun violence. I have never seen a violent gun, but let's not split hairs.I am all for reducing criminal violence of any kind. And if confronted by someone wishing to inflict violence on me, I agree with Joe, I'll reduce it. In fact I'll stop it dead in its tracks. Looks like we agree on this one Joe.

Last edited by Sensai; 12-20-2012 at 20:27.. Reason: spelling
Sensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 20:37   #277
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Bitter much? Bitter, line three... Bitter, please pick up line three... intelligence is holding for you...

I never said a background check was a cover all... but seriously man, just because there is some sort of glitch with YOU, doesn't mean it's not a good idea to check. You carry on like you're one of the convicted felons that's not supposed to have access to a firearm. Ease up. My main point is that there needs to be SOME form of control, not just the gut reaction of "hey someone got killed so let's take EVERYONE's guns away".

Sheesh. and YOU"RE a moderator?
Talk about intelligence... MAN? Really? How old are you 12? You have no idea how many people have the same problem. Cops, lawyers especially ex military. Fellow that I shoot with worked the gun counter at Cabela's and had/has a hold every time he purchases. Was talking to someone in a restaurant about holds and a fellow at the next table said, "you to"? They do that to me and two guys I know and I'm a government contractor. I work security and carry a AR daily. So no it's not just me whining. It's me showing how stupid it is.

So there has to be some form of control? OK tell me what form has worked so far. If it worked they wouldn't be screaming for more. Gun control DOES NOT WORK. It has been proven over and over and over again but MORONS want more and more gun control. MORONS keep saying we have to have some form of CONTROL. Exactly who is being CONTROLLED?

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." William Pitt, 1783

"If you protect a man from folly, you will soon have a nation of fools." [William Penn] We're pretty damn close.

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win
without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will
be sure and too costly, you may come to the moment you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." Winston Churchill
BIG DAWG #4

Last edited by Jerry; 12-20-2012 at 20:44..
Old 12-23-2012, 00:18   #278
SteelCurtain

The problem isn't with legal gun ownership, and the only people who follow gun laws and gun restrictions are normal, law abiding citizens.
A gun didn't kill those kids in Connecticut, Adam Lanza killed those babies.
No guns were involved on 9-11, box cutters and jets killed over 2,000 innocent people.
No guns were involved in the federal building destruction. Fertilizer was used.
Do we ban box cutters, jets, and fertilizer? No. Does any sane rational person honestly believe a ban on guns will stop criminals and psycopaths from killing the innocents?
Look how well stringent drug laws and border agents have slowed down the import of illegal drugs across the border.
The only thing restriction does (as is evidenced in the 1920's) is empower criminals, giving them an avenue for greater revenue and control.
Even a simple thing like the wearing of seatbelts can't be controlled by law enforcement personnel. The only thing another law does is allow for prosecution of a criminal AFTER the crime has been committed. It does not slow down the psycopath.
Let's not knee jerk a reaction and loose another right to the government by placing an unenforceable law on the books. They prevent nothing.
'The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.' 'Thomas Jefferson
SteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 00:25   #279
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadTraveler View Post
The only gun control I want to see is the placement of the second shot.
+1 on that.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 00:54   #280
bushhogg

Gun control is not about guns; its about control....
bushhogg is offline   Reply With Quote