Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:56   #101
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMason View Post
All you are talking about is only phase one.
And phase one is a teachable moment, a learning experience and setter of the rules of engagement.

When you's a street punk with no more handouts from the government and never experienced any resistance at that occupation, a hard NO backed with firepower indicates things have changed somewhat.

Time to grow up and deal with how life SHOULD be. You keep what's yours, you don't take other people's S$#%, no one will give you anything and if you break the rules…you will be broken.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:15   #102
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoFoxtrot View Post
I gave guys like that ZERO credibility!
I finally had a few minutes to waste and looked at this clown's video, first part of the first one.

I agree. He'll die before anyone here will.

He talks like we're unarmed, first thug with a gun gets our stuff.

What do I call 20 guys I know are trouble…on sight…coming up my driveway?

A full magazine. Not even. Before I empty it the stragglers will flee.

We have stuff. We are prepared.

He is not. He has nothing. And he has to worry about people in his own group. Before, during and after.

We're armed, fed, clothed and aware and have thought about things. He thinks its an urban warehouse with a semi-retired security guard carrying a nightstick.

He's starting from zero, and thinks that after all our efforts to prepare we're just gonna give up without a fight?

How would I defend acreage with a shortage of able bodies?

Aimed rifle fire can cover a LOT of ground.

It comes down to the Dirty Harry question.

Do you feel lucky?

Nah, he will resort to robbing old ladies hiding in burned out buildings in neighborhoods where the cops have fled. He won't last in my zipcode.

And, even if it seems a bit cold…remember this. Instead of being demoralized by SHTF…some of us will view it as an opportunity.

To clean up.

And some in that group will be downright enthusiastic about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by G29Reload; 09-15-2012 at 12:20..
Old 09-15-2012, 20:09   #103
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
Yep. I think there is room for fantasy on both sides of this argument.

Gangs could clearly be problematic where ever you live. BUT:

If they think they're invincible, they've got another thing coming.

Even to an outnumbered homeowner in a rural area, I know this:

If a bunch of say, even 15-20 gang members come up the pike towards my place, I am at the top of a gentle well cleared slope well set back from the road. If they think a bunch of street punks holding Glocks sideways and waving an AK is any match for a well concealed, disciplined shooter with a scoped M1A with a full magazine and more beside him, well like any other self interested person they'll desire retreat or look for an easier target when their buddies are dead or screaming in agony on the lawn in front of them. Scum like that like easy targets, they lack discipline. Attaching a cost tends to change their outlook when there will be so many other easy sheep for prey.

And there's more than a few like me along the way they'll meet before they get here.

I think their discouragement factor will be….elevated somewhat.

Just sayin...
Quote:
And phase one is a teachable moment, a learning experience and setter of the rules of engagement.

When you's a street punk with no more handouts from the government and never experienced any resistance at that occupation, a hard NO backed with firepower indicates things have changed somewhat.

Time to grow up and deal with how life SHOULD be. You keep what's yours, you don't take other people's S$#%, no one will give you anything and if you break the rules…you will be broken.
Quote:
I finally had a few minutes to waste and looked at this clown's video, first part of the first one.

I agree. He'll die before anyone here will.

He talks like we're unarmed, first thug with a gun gets our stuff.

What do I call 20 guys I know are trouble…on sight…coming up my driveway?

A full magazine. Not even. Before I empty it the stragglers will flee.

We have stuff. We are prepared.

He is not. He has nothing. And he has to worry about people in his own group. Before, during and after.

We're armed, fed, clothed and aware and have thought about things. He thinks its an urban warehouse with a semi-retired security guard carrying a nightstick.

He's starting from zero, and thinks that after all our efforts to prepare we're just gonna give up without a fight?

How would I defend acreage with a shortage of able bodies?

Aimed rifle fire can cover a LOT of ground.

It comes down to the Dirty Harry question.

Do you feel lucky?

Nah, he will resort to robbing old ladies hiding in burned out buildings in neighborhoods where the cops have fled. He won't last in my zipcode.

And, even if it seems a bit cold…remember this. Instead of being demoralized by SHTF…some of us will view it as an opportunity.

To clean up.

And some in that group will be downright enthusiastic about it.
Best posts of this thread!
ICARRY2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 20:13   #104
ICARRY2
NRA Life Member

Without gubermint handouts (ie. food stamps/section 8 or three hots and cot) these punks will be running around like chickens with their heads cut off.
ICARRY2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:07   #105
TattooedGlock
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Actually, at some point, we're all going to die.

GSSF Life Member
1911 Club and Big Dawg Member
TattooedGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:14   #106
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedGlock View Post
Actually, at some point, we're all going to die.
We start dying from the minute we're born. Some of us just take a bit longer to get there.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:05   #107
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Maiden speaks well ta the above.I'm gonna die with my boots on.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:17   #108
PaulMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman800 View Post
We start dying from the minute we're born. Some of us just take a bit longer to get there.
Exactly. The issue isn't if we are going to die - it is the how and when. That is what S&P is about.
PaulMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:27   #109
mac66
Plant the seed

I apologize to anyone I might have offended by challenging the orthodoxy of the prepper mentality.

Last edited by mac66; 09-16-2012 at 09:40..
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:55   #110
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post

I mean, just look at the stunning success that was the maginot line.
Not relevant.

We're not defending a whole country here. We have a smaller and much more manageable parcel to defend. We can cover all directions with a little planning.

There's nothing to "go around". Defend 360 if you have to .

Old 09-16-2012, 10:00   #111
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
I'm taking it that the first rule of prep-club is we DO talk about prep-club in order to prepare a plan with others on defending against a large group/gang during/post shtf...yes?
Not to anyone who can identify us. I don't know where you live.

This is the "idea exchange" and discussion forum.

As far as the ghetto bag o' ****** saying he sees us stacking stuff in the garage….no he doesn't.

No one knows about mine. I don't advertise where people can see. I don't offer tours.

And ghetto boy is home in his basement shooting heroin and playing his bass guitar. Where he fails too…doesn't know the meaning of the word "recon". He's busy not prepping, running his mouth, providing us with warning and intel, developing his own system…he's just busy failing in advance.

And he'll be among the first to be picked off. IF he survives the gang vs gang wars just trying to exit his home turf.

Last edited by G29Reload; 09-16-2012 at 10:10..
Old 09-16-2012, 10:09   #112
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Bagins View Post
I was born and raise in a rough area of Philly, and I currently live in a suburb, and I have lived in some rural areas. The difference is night and day. I have seen a 14 year old city boy POUND and BLOODY a 18 rural kid that was twice his size. I have seen a Teenage ghetto girl beat the snot out of an athletic suburan Teenage boy that same age. The numbers are also not in your favor, we are talking thousands of people. What is the average population of a small town, and how many police officers total. Maybe a 100 people and 6 or 7 cops. That against thousands, may moe. Even if you are well trained and organized how are you going to repel that without getting overrun.
Well aimed rifle fire works for me.
Not letting them get close enough for hand to hand works for me.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:11   #113
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac66 View Post
I apologize to anyone I might have offended by challenging the orthodoxy of the prepper mentality.
You weren't. You were just trolling.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:31   #114
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Quote:
You weren't. You were just trolling.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:06   #115
blastfact

Go a head gangs come on in.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 13:44   #116
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Not relevant.

We're not defending a whole country here. We have a smaller and much more manageable parcel to defend. We can cover all directions with a little planning.

There's nothing to "go around". Defend 360 if you have to .

As per typical MO, you've missed the lesson.

But good luck with your fantasy land holding off large groups of people with aimed rifle fire.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:47   #117
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
As per typical MO, you've missed the lesson.

But good luck with your fantasy land holding off large groups of people with aimed rifle fire.
you're right, it will probably just bounce off them and have no effect, thanks to their superhuman powers.

Old 09-17-2012, 14:09   #118
beatcop

This is probably played out, but I have to say I tried to watch a minute of the vids again with no success...can't stand it. Am I really worried about this guy? No.

I am going to watch the premier of "Revolution" tonight and weigh in when that thread gets created...lol.

Here are a couple of crazy theories...do they have merit?

-If you live in a high population density area, everyone is a target. You may be victimized by any segment/demographic due to your availaility (walking distance). Some of the lower level segments of society will prey upon each other before moving up the economic ladder (happens right now).

-hoards (bottom 10% of society) will sit and wait for the bread line and will be physically drained...too drained to road march to any burbs...and lacking any arms.

-hungry people who are used to the .gov providing do not have the wherewithal to plan an op and conduct it. There are usually reasons they're on the bottom, low intelligence, substance abuse, poor decision making, too many children.

-"youth gang" types may get together and attempt to scavenge and will have success burglarizing structures and trying some strong-arm tactics. They represent a dangerous element due to their "undeveloped mind"...rash decision making. You don't want to be around these guys at any point. They will flee with any effective resistance.

- addicts, mental incompetents. Distance is your friend. They will steal from anyone they know, or have ever known, who has "something" of use or value. If you know one, expect a visit.

I guess we could categorize every socioeconomic group, but it's safe to say that everyone is capable of violence, but those who are "less civilized" will resort to it faster and with fewer reservations.

The fool in the video does not fit in my neighborhood and would likely peak interest. He would be turned around at the nearest intersection with a tree fell across the road and if foolish enough to pass, would be challenged and subsequently dealt with if he tried force.

When there's no reason for "normal" people to go to work, they will be standing watch...and the smart ones will buddy up. That will work fairly well under most circumstances...the chances of a mad max scenario are pretty slim.
beatcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 14:24   #119
Drilled

He obviously does not know what a sniper is able to do.
Old 09-17-2012, 14:35   #120
PaulMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drilled View Post
He obviously does not know what a sniper is able to do.
What if he does and he has several?
PaulMason is offline   Reply With Quote