Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:00   #81
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
No, you don't get to pull the offended card. We can pick apart your mythology all we like.
Me offended? "You" have been attempting to pick it apart for many years. "You" try new tools, new theories, etc. yet each is an epic fail.

Quote:
You don't get to be offended about that by extension. If you don't like someone questioning and pointing out the blatant contradictions and holes in your mythology I would suggest not entering into a place where you might find such things. Your book is open for interpretation. If someone interprets in a way you don't like... tough luck.
Offended?

The only hole is in your logic. What puzzles me is why a raging atheist would enter a RI room. Is it because you are not secure in your beliefs?

So are "your" theories open to examination and found to be lacking in anything other than the latest non-existent article of clothing for the emperor.

Quote:
We are not made from clay. We actually know this. Don't agree? Put a lump of clay in a pool along side a person and watch the magic happen.
Oh that's right; we are "star stuff or some such twaddle according to Carl Sagan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Green_Manelishi; 09-15-2012 at 10:01..
Green_Manelishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:08   #82
MadMonkey
Spershul Furces

Send a message via AIM to MadMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to MadMonkey
GM, how do you believe the universe was formed, and how long did it take?
MadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:25   #83
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
GM, how do you believe the universe was formed, and how long did it take?
I am confident (> .95) my position is clear. Perhaps you have not been paying attention.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:46   #84
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Manelishi View Post
Me offended? "You" have been attempting to pick it apart for many years. "You" try new tools, new theories, etc. yet each is an epic fail.
The classic "is not" defense. Impressive as always.
Quote:
The only hole is in your logic. What puzzles me is why a raging atheist would enter a RI room. Is it because you are not secure in your beliefs?
If only that had been explained somewhere, repeatedly. Like on this very forum.
Quote:
So are "your" theories open to examination and found to be lacking in anything other than the latest non-existent article of clothing for the emperor.
If this were true, you'd be able to point out the errors, rather than defending on an inane attempt to insult Dr. Dawkins and the storied "is not".
Quote:
Oh that's right; we are "star stuff or some such twaddle according to Carl Sagan.
What are stars composed of? What are humans composed of?
Old 09-15-2012, 10:48   #85
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
I am confident (> .95) my position is clear. Perhaps you have not been paying attention.
How can it be clear when the goalposts are constantly moving?
Old 09-15-2012, 11:01   #86
MadMonkey
Spershul Furces

Send a message via AIM to MadMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to MadMonkey
Quote:
I just asked a simple question. It wouldn't take many words to answer it. Do you think the Bible's description of Creation is to be taken exactly as written?
MadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:31   #87
Phaze5ive

Can't we all agree that religion has always been correcting itself to science, while science has never corrected itself due to religion and just all be friends?
Phaze5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:32   #88
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaze5ive View Post
Can't we all agree that religion has always been correcting itself to science, while science has never corrected itself due to religion and just all be friends?
We can all agree that science has been always correcting itself yet still has not found the answer. Rather than ask "how does it all work" they seek "How did it all come to be because we know there is no God".

Last edited by Green_Manelishi; 09-15-2012 at 12:03..
Old 09-15-2012, 12:28   #89
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Last edited by ArtificialGrape; 09-15-2012 at 12:48..
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:47   #90
ArtificialGrape
CLM Number 265
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
We can all agree that science has been always correcting itself yet still has not found the answer. Rather than ask "how does it all work" they seek "How did it all come to be because we know there is no God".
How would you suggest that scientists could attempt to validate the assertion that "God did it"? How can it be tested? How can it be falsified? What predictions can be made based on it?

Even religious men and women in the honest pursuit of science must put aside "God did it" because teaches us nothing and cannot be confirmed or disproved by science.

-ArtificialGrape
ArtificialGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 14:01   #91
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Do you use medicine and medical technology? If so you're a hypocrite. The Science that you seem to love to be willfully ignorant of makes your world possible. Including the computer you blast it on.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 14:08   #92
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
Do you use medicine and medical technology? If so you're a hypocrite. The Science that you seem to love to be willfully ignorant of makes your world possible. Including the computer you blast it on.
I wondered how much time would pass before some daft gauk made that asinine comment. I could just as easily tell you to stop using the brain God gave to you. Then I realize, you don't !

Old 09-15-2012, 14:17   #93
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I wondered how much time would pass before some daft gauk made that asinine comment. I could just as easily tell you to stop using the brain God gave to you. Then I realize, you don't !
It's ok... Hypocrite. Keep on bashing science but relying on it for your very LIFE every single day. Must suck to need something you despise in order to continue living.
Old 09-15-2012, 14:20   #94
ksg0245

Quote:
There is evidence science works; some of that evidence is medicine, some of it is the computer you use, and so on. Where is the evidence any deity exists to have given humans a brain, and where is the evidence it could only have been your particular deity?

Last edited by ksg0245; 09-15-2012 at 14:24..
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 14:25   #95
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
It's ok... Hypocrite. Keep on bashing science but relying on it for your very LIFE every single day. Must suck to need something you despise in order to continue living.
I don't "bash science" you silly git. I bash "scientific" theories which can neither be proven or falsified except with an equally unprovable and unfalsifiable "scientific" or mathematical formula.

Your "science" is a religion, nothing more or less. You too have your heretics (questioning your dogma) which will be excommunicated if they dare question the holy writ according to Darwin, Dawkins and Hitchens.

Branes, multiverses, strings, quantum singularities. A never ending parade of imaginations and theories. Meanwhile the Word of the Lord continues on forever, unchanging and reliable.

Old 09-15-2012, 14:35   #96
Glock36shooter

Quote:
I don't "bash science" you silly git.
Especially the part you depend on for your life and comfort. Those parts are all true. They're ok... but the rest... the rest is just craziness huh? Hypocrite.

Quote:
I bash "scientific" theories which can neither be proven or falsified except with an equally unprovable and unfalsifiable "scientific" or mathematical formula.

Your "science" is a religion, nothing more or less. You too have your heretics (questioning your dogma) which will be excommunicated if they dare question the holy writ according to Darwin, Dawkins and Hitchens.

Branes, multiverses, strings, quantum singularities. A never ending parade of imaginations and theories. Meanwhile the Word of the Lord continues on forever, unchanging and reliable.
It's ok Hypocrite. I think you'll find most scientists are fine with you taking advantage of their advances while at the same time expelling garbage from your face hole about their current findings. As long as you don't get in their way I'm sure they don't care. Again, another difference between science and your mythology. You don't have to accept it in order to be a hypocrite and enjoy its fruits.
Old 09-15-2012, 14:37   #97
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg0245 View Post
Where is the evidence any deity exists
Jesus invented the internet.
Old 09-15-2012, 15:33   #98
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
I could just as easily tell you to stop using the brain God gave to you. Then I realize, you don't !
I thought you were the one who objected to using branes?

Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 18:17   #99
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
I don't "bash science" you silly git. I bash "scientific" theories which can neither be proven or falsified except with an equally unprovable and unfalsifiable "scientific" or mathematical formula.

Slavery is still A-OK then? What about executing women for not being a virgin on their wedding night or not sufficiently protesting their rape? Those are part of the unchanging and reliable word of the Lord aren't they?
Old 09-15-2012, 18:23   #100
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Did you know that doctor's used to prescribe smoking for lun ailements? They were supposed to the unquestioned authorities of their day. We now know how absurd that was. Yet, you assume everything is correct now?