Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:49   #1
Nalapombu

What Accesories for My Benelli M1S90 Should I Get?

Hey all,

After a LONG time I finally was able to trade my 24 inch barrel off of my Benelli M1S90 and get a NIB 21 inch. I had to Dremel the forearm a bit, but I got it fit and it looks great. It is stock right now. I will be using this shotgun for Home Defense and playing around at the range and clay targets just for the heck of it.

I am wondering if there is anything I should add to it to make it a better HD shotgun. I know I need a mag extension as it only holds 3+1 now. Then I was thinking about upgrading to the BIG SAFETY BUTTON. After that, I don't know. I have thought about a new bolt handle just for the looks mainly and I'm on the fence about a side saddle. I don't know if it would affect reliability and I don't know if I like the looks of them. My M1 is not drilled and tapped so I would have to get the ones that bolt to the side. I guess I could get it drilled and tapped if I needed to. What's your thoughts on the side saddle? I did see one that I kinda liked that mounted in the slot on the stock and held 4 shells.
The last thing is a sling. Never had a firearm that had one of the "tactical" type slings so I don't know if I'd like it.

Oh I forgot about the barrel clamp that comes with the mag extension. Should I get one that has the mini rail on it so I could mount a light?

Any advice you want to add? I would appreciate hearing your ideas and thoughts. Feel free to recommend brands and models if you want to.

Thanks for your time and help.

Nalajr
Old 09-15-2012, 08:56   #2
DougW
Native Texan

Nalajr, your idea's are good. I added an extended mag tube to my stock M1Super90 Tactical and changed the pistol grip stock for a straight stock. I added a barrel support/clamp, and that is it. The side saddle is held on with the trigger group pins being replaced with machine screws, so I don't think you need to worry about drilling for a side saddle. I have used mine for 6+ years in 3 gun matches, and it performs very well the way it is. The biggest issue with a Benelli is putting too much weight on the gun and causing the recoil system to not function reliably. Add parts one at a time and test it, and add more. When you get it the way you want it run it hard. Don't baby that baby!

Oh yea, I use 2 point slings on everything I sling. Makes transition to the sidearm easy and helps secure the shotgun.

Tactical Shotguns

M1Super90 Tactical with the H&K M1Super90

Proud Father of Two US Army Soldiers

Last edited by DougW; 09-15-2012 at 08:57..
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:10   #3
ArmoryDoc

If you can't readily identify a problem with the gun or a need the current platform doesn't address, you don't "need" any accessories for it.

Not to be flip or disrespectful about it but it's not a Barbie dress-up doll. It's a gun. Learn to use it, and well.
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:16   #4
ArmoryDoc

I might add too that, one can always tell the inexperienced gun owner from the one who has taken time to learn to run the run. They shop for others opinions on what to add to make it a neater topic of discussion or show piece. There's nothing wrong with that unless you are trying to supplement gear for hands-on skill. Gear don't make the owner better, only poorer and more confused.

Again, not trying to be disrespectful, just make you think.
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:18   #5
TexasGlockster

If you ate worried about the side saddle get an elastic one for the buttstock. Midway sells a good one. Mine works great.
TexasGlockster is offline   Reply With Quote