SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-14-2012, 20:19   #61
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

And the brief moment of mutual respect passes and we find ourselves right back in the mud.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 20:52   #62
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
The BBT really is. Layer upon layer of the more absurd is added to attempt to defend the undefendable. Okham's Razor becomes a butter knife. BBT gets challenged, then it is asserted that it is an infinitely dense singularity so dense that it exceeds time and space and always was. When that is shown to be absurd, a multiverse is suggested as infinite and we just inhabit one where this one contradiction is possible. When that is absurd, we are told branes did it. So, as far as I can tell there are three levels of nonsense to try to explain a singularity that somehow existed on its own accord. Again, declaring we should accept cause without effect.

Yes, BBT is inetellectual dishonesty in a desperate attempt to defend the undefensible to try to eliminate the concept of an Intelligent Designer.

I wonder what layer four will be?
Creationism.

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 20:53   #63
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schabesbert View Post
I think you mean "accept effect without cause."
Getting this stuff completely backwards is kind of his forte.

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 20:54   #64
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
The BBT really is. Layer upon layer of the more absurd is added to attempt to defend the undefendable. Okham's Razor becomes a butter knife. BBT gets challenged, then it is asserted that it is an infinitely dense singularity so dense that it exceeds time and space and always was. When that is shown to be absurd, a multiverse is suggested as infinite and we just inhabit one where this one contradiction is possible. When that is absurd, we are told branes did it. So, as far as I can tell there are three levels of nonsense to try to explain a singularity that somehow existed on its own accord. Again, declaring we should accept cause without effect.
Your inability to understand it or refusal to acknowledge it makes it no less accurate. What "Caused" God?

Quote:
Yes, BBT is inetellectual dishonesty in a desperate attempt to defend the undefensible to try to eliminate the concept of an Intelligent Designer.
Who designed the designer?

Quote:
I wonder what layer four will be?
Were it left up to the uneducated... it'd be God.
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 21:02   #65
4Rules

You'll just have to watch the movie.

4Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 21:19   #66
NMG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
I wonder if there has ever been a time where the chasm between the most knowledgeable and the most ignorant has been so vast? Here we are with the best and brightest of us pushing the envelope of knowledge past even the very start of reality as we know it while simultaneously many of us still wallow in the desperate ignorance of an archaic goat herder's religion.
I was reading this at work today.

It is an awesome time to be alive.

As one who has just freed himself from the "goat herder's religion", just wanted to say I am enjoying your input here.

+1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 21:30   #67
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Manelishi View Post
You have plenty of company on that wide path.
And because I know exactly which "wide path" you speak of as a former christian, what percentage of the population do you think looks to relativistic elementary particle physics for its explanation of the origins of the universe? How does that contrast against the nearly 2 billion people that ascribe to creationism?

Old 09-14-2012, 21:34   #68
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
As one who has just freed himself from the "goat herder's religion", just wanted to say I am enjoying your input here.
You're welcome. It wasn't that long ago for me either. If you find yourself needing someone to talk to then just drop me a pm.

Old 09-15-2012, 00:32   #69
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG26 View Post
I was reading this at work today.

It is an awesome time to be alive.

+1

Agreed. Not being a scientist I find his input most helpful.
Old 09-15-2012, 00:48   #70
greentriple

Too many beans mixed with broccoli. God is Mexican, we are his chosen people. Don't hate, we have room for you too.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
greentriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:35   #71
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
And the brief moment of mutual respect passes and we find ourselves right back in the mud.
Now you are being intellectually dishonest. Your previous input reveals the utter lack of respect you have for any of the adherents to the "goat herder religion". You are also proving your complete ignorance; Christ was not a goat herder.

Isn't the mud from where you sprang "just because"? At least I had the breath of spirit and life breathed into me. Regardless, we shall both return to dust. I will be living large and you will be weeping and gnashing your teeth.

Green_Manelishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:41   #72
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
And because I know exactly which "wide path" you speak of as a former christian, what percentage of the population do you think looks to relativistic elementary particle physics for its explanation of the origins of the universe? How does that contrast against the nearly 2 billion people that ascribe to creationism?
I have no idea "what percentage" but any more than 0% is a shame.

Did you ever stop to consider that all this "evidence" of "elementary particle physics" which you believe explains origins is simply the remnants of God's creative work?

It's tragic you have exchanged the truth of the Creator for the lie of a creation.

Old 09-15-2012, 07:16   #73
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentriple View Post
Too many beans mixed with broccoli. God is Mexican, we are his chosen people. Don't hate, we have room for you too.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
That would make your god just a little over 500 years old then. Meztizos didn't exist until the Ibirian Spaniards interbred with the local native population.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:02   #74
NMG26

Quote:
Here's a prediction: "science" will sooner than later pull another theory out of their atheist arses when this latest "we don't need no stinking God" intellectual cramp is found to be lacking.

"Branes"? Cripes, that's almost as funny as the dingbat Dick Dawkins claim a marble statue could, under the right circumstances, wave its hands.

From where did the branes arise?
Here is another prediction: A religious hater of this world, will strap a bomb on his own body, made by another religious hater of this world . He will walk into a crowded market with a mix of fear, hate, and faith, and he/she will hit the button.

The most dangerous part of a faith that believes the future is more important then the present, is this mentality that is built on some kind of future heaven.

At the least, science is working with this world instead of against it. Have faith, but don't hate the world you have been given. It is all you have.

Last edited by NMG26; 09-15-2012 at 08:05..
NMG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:11   #75
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
You are also proving your complete ignorance; Christ was not a goat herder.
I was a believer for most of my adult life and studied the bible at a christian university. Ok, for completeness sake, it's a religion of a carpenter, some herders, some fishermen, at least one aristocrat and some nobility too. Better?

What was your point? Did you think this wasn't common knowledge?

Quote:
I will be living large and you will be weeping and gnashing your teeth.
You seem to relish this idea. Not very christian of you.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:16   #76
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock36shooter View Post
Agreed. Not being a scientist I find his input most helpful.
In the interests of full disclosure, I am not a "scientist" in any professoinal sense. Just an interested amateur that does his best to keep abreast of where research is headed in the fields of cosmology and particle physics.

Last edited by Geko45; 09-15-2012 at 08:29..
Old 09-15-2012, 08:30   #77
Green_Manelishi
Knicker Knotter

Quote:
I was a believer for most of my adult life and studied the bible at a christian university. Ok, for completeness sake, it's a religion of a carpenter, some herders, some fishermen, at least one aristocrat and some nobility too. Better?
Better? How so?

Quote:
What was your point? Did you think this wasn't common knowledge?
For "common knowledge" it's amazing the number of people who seem to believe it's a religion of goat herders. I suspect it's an attempt at boosting their self esteem they are more intellectually able to reject such beliefs.

Quote:
You seem to be happy to end up in that destination. Not very bright of you. Besides, I am only repeating the truth you have rejected. Not even Christ minced words. Perhaps that's what impelled you to reject the truth; you did not like it.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:39   #78
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Now you are being intellectually dishonest. Your previous input reveals the utter lack of respect you have for any of the adherents to the "goat herder religion". You are also proving your complete ignorance; Christ was not a goat herder.
No, you don't get to pull the offended card. We can pick apart your mythology all we like. You don't get to be offended about that by extension. If you don't like someone questioning and pointing out the blatant contradictions and holes in your mythology I would suggest not entering into a place where you might find such things. Your book is open for interpretation. If someone interprets in a way you don't like... tough luck.

Quote:
Isn't the mud from where you sprang "just because"? At least I had the breath of spirit and life breathed into me. Regardless, we shall both return to dust. I will be living large and you will be weeping and gnashing your teeth.
We are not made from clay. We actually know this. Don't agree? Put a lump of clay in a pool along side a person and watch the magic happen.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:48   #79
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Lots of religious people do. There is a darkness in their hearts and they enjoy the idea that those who disagree with them will suffer eternal torment. They'd rather die than admit it. But it makes them feel superior and somehow brings them a sense of Justice. Justice that an otherwise good person is going to suffer for all time for simply not believing their mythology.

Just look at the westboro baptist folks. You can see the glee in their eyes as they scream and yell their mythology of peace and love at people.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:50   #80
Glock36shooter

Quote:
In the interests of full disclosure, I am not a "scientist" in any professoinal sense. Just an interested amateur that does his best to keep abreast of where research is headed in the fields of cosmology and particle physics.
But you grasp these concepts better than most and explain them in terms that are easily accessible to even Mythologists. That's much appreciated. Sometimes I find myself able to understand concepts but explain them poorly.