Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2012, 22:30   #1
redbrd

Range Report "American Classic II (budget .45)

Last week a picked up a Metro Arms "American Classic II" (made in the PI).
Aside from the irony of the name and its place of manufacture, its a nice looking gun with good fit and finish, smooth trigger, and novak style sights. At $430 out the door a deal, I think anyway.
Finally got it to the range for a proper shooting. It is accurate. First two round were less than an inch at 12-15m. All said I put maybe 75 rnds through it 12m-25m and no group was larger than the size of my palm.
On the subject of reliability... I did have a number of jams (5-7 didn't think to keep track). All of them were failure to feed/failure to return to battery. I was shooting mostly FMJ 230 grain ammo. Almost all the jams were they gun locked tight on a live round about 1/8 in give or take a smidge. Pretty hard (real hard) to clear, I suspect the OAL might have been a bit more than the gun likes (it was factory loads, but mild target loads).
I did shoot a Gold Dots and Some old Rangers, they functioned with out a hitch. Wasn't enough of a test to really determine reliability for SD. The SD ammo was significantly and very noticably hotter. Hard to imagine that return to battery would be an issue with them.
Any way pretty happy with the "American Classic " for the money. Won't be counting on it as a carry weapon until I sort out the RTB issues, but it was fun to shoot. At $430 still seems like a deal.
redbrd is offline   Reply With Quote