Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-13-2012, 23:43   #9521
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
That was a nice gesture. I'll bet "something" told him to give it to you. You've been on, and continue to be on, a long road. But it should be obvious to you, you're not traveling alone.
Think maybe that something was my bald head?

I can't be too alone, I open my computer and have you folks in here. And, of course, Jeff here in spirit. I think about it a lot, it's too much for me to deal with by myself.

I went to a Friends of NRA banquet tonight, because Jeff was honored, plus I was given his ticket. It went OK for the most part, but I had to unass the room when they decided to start handling guns in there. Luckily there was only a few, and nothng that resembled an AK-47.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:23   #9522
Breadman03

Send a message via Skype™ to Breadman03
LW, I'm not good with words, but my heart aches for you. I wish we could take the burden out of your pack and spread it around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Wants a G41
Breadman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:38   #9523
capnjim01

Rip jeff
capnjim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:36   #9524
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Think maybe that something was my bald head?

Well, that too. No wig?

I can't be too alone, I open my computer and have you folks in here. And, of course, Jeff here in spirit. I think about it a lot, it's too much for me to deal with by myself.

My point exactly.

I went to a Friends of NRA banquet tonight, because Jeff was honored, plus I was given his ticket. It went OK for the most part, but I had to unass the room when they decided to start handling guns in there. Luckily there was only a few, and nothng that resembled an AK-47.
Unass?
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:37   #9525
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman03 View Post
LW, I'm not good with words, but my heart aches for you. I wish we could take the burden out of your pack and spread it around.
Apparently, I've got the back and leg pain she would have had otherwise.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:00   #9526
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
Unass?
Army term
Old 09-14-2012, 10:01   #9527
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Army term
Oh, I had no doubt.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:05   #9528
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

means to get out of.

i.e. Unass the truck.
Old 09-14-2012, 21:58   #9529
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
means to get out of.

i.e. Unass the truck.
Thanks and GTK. I was wondering if she cleared the room of something.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 22:02   #9530
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Thanks and GTK. I was wondering if she cleared the room of something.
No, Jeff would have had to do that for me.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-16-2012, 13:12   #9531
BobInTX

I just wanted to let everyone on this thread know that I will be having surgery on my back on Tuesday, 9/18 in the morning. No hardware so hopefully all will go smooth. I'd appreciate your prayers.

Last edited by BobInTX; 09-16-2012 at 13:13..
Old 09-16-2012, 13:15   #9532
sawgrass

Quote:
I just wanted to let everyone on this thread know that I will be having surgery on my back on Tuesday, 9/18 in the morning. No hardware so hopefully all will go smooth. I'd appreciate your prayers.
You got it! Take care.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 15:01   #9533
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Hope you had a safe flight home!
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 17:02   #9534
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Good luck to you Bob, I hope that's all it takes to get you going. Be praying for you.
Having mine 10-4 amd I get the works, rods screws and cages. Said there is a lot more risk this time because of what I've had done in the past and the fact I'm so weak from laying around for years.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:38   #9535
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Apparently, I've got the back and leg pain she would have had otherwise.
Hopefully that's temporary.

Quote:
You know that you got them. Please let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Good luck to you Bob, I hope that's all it takes to get you going. Be praying for you.
Having mine 10-4 amd I get the works, rods screws and cages. Said there is a lot more risk this time because of what I've had done in the past and the fact I'm so weak from laying around for years.
You know that you got prayers, too. I really hope this time makes the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
Hope you had a safe flight home!
Yep, I did. Although it was long and painful. Got delayed in Atlanta for a few hours, that broke Delta's perfect record on these WV trips I've made. All this traveling has been hard on me, I was hurting so bad last night even the Dilaudid wasn't taking it down enough. Still bad today, but not quite so much. Guess I better stay off planes for a while, eh?

That said, I don't regret making those 3 trips at all. A good friend deserves what I can do for them, even if all it is is to sit beside them and hold their hand in their last days. I don't make real life friends easily, but if I do, it means a lot to me. I've made a couple as a result of this thread, and also some people I've never met, but would if I could and am sure I'd count them as friends too. There's a lot of good people in here and Jeff was a shining example. I miss his friendship, his emails, and his encouraging posts in here. He's the one person who's been in here since the beginning, and it meant a lot to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman03 View Post
Thank you, Breadman. I wish you could too, but by spreading it on the ground so no one had to bear it. I'd really love a break from everything that's going on in my life for the last few years.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-17-2012, 19:14   #9536
deputy tom

Quote:
Good luck Bob and prayers sent. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cẹl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 00:02   #9537
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
So you ready to join me in some stoned posting? BTW, Bob's surgery has been moved back to 1PM. So now you know when to concentrate your prayers, rain dances, and good thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
Bless you, sweet girl. It sounds like we might be making it down your way in October. Get some rest as the others said. Jeff was a wonderful, positive person who was so devoted to you.
That'd be cool! Wonder how much trouble we could get in.

Rst hasn't been easy t get for almost 4 years, now. Between nightmares, breathing troubles, pain, etc, it seems I'll never sleep through a night again.

On the subject of sleep and nightmares, Mandy has a friend. Mini Mitch lives with me now, I just couldn't send him to be cremated. OK, actually he gave me those pitiful kitty eyes, so I rescued him after he said good-bye to his daddy. I was expecting Mandy to be jealous, but she seems OK with her new friend. In fact, I think they're plotting against me.

Okie Memorial Area

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-18-2012, 06:16   #9538
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Prayers for your procedure Bob! Prayers for your comfort and peace and for the doctors to have God's guidance.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:02   #9539
Zonny

Quote:
On the subject of sleep and nightmares, Mandy has a friend. Mini Mitch lives with me now, I just couldn't send him to be cremated. OK, actually he gave me those pitiful kitty eyes, so I rescued him after he said good-bye to his daddy. I was expecting Mandy to be jealous, but she seems OK with her new friend. In fact, I think they're plotting against me.

Okie Memorial Area
BFFs

Last edited by Zonny; 09-18-2012 at 07:03..
Zonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:08   #9540
BobInTX

Quote:
So you ready to join me in some stoned posting? BTW, Bob's surgery has been moved back to 1PM. So now you know when to concentrate your prayers, rain dances, and good thoughts.

That'd be cool! Wonder how much trouble we could get in.

Rst hasn't been easy t get for almost 4 years, now. Between nightmares, breathing troubles, pain, etc, it seems I'll never sleep through a night again.

Okie Memorial Area
Thanks for the prayers.

Kittens in your future?

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!