Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-04-2012, 22:58   #9501
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Hope the trip is as comfortable as can be. You are a good friend.
Thanks, I hope so too. Got every pain meds I have in my purse ready to go.

You're a good friend too, I'd hope I could do the same for you.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:55   #9502
dango

Hey sweety it's me just checking on you. You doing ok I hope.
I ain't doin to good lately that's I ain't been around. You take care and get well .
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 22:32   #9503
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW all of you are in my thoughts. I hope that they can make him comfortable. I'm sure that he knows that you would be there if you could.
I made it here early evening. The flight was so painful I could eat my whole bottle of Dilaudid if I let myself. Having my chemo yesterday didn't help that, and the rough secong flight made my chest scream even worse. I think it thinks I got shot again or something. Not that it matters, I'm sitting beside Jeff here in his hospice room. He's slipping away fast, but they're doing everything they can to make him comfortable. These nurses are really caring people, I'm so thnakful for them.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-06-2012, 07:10   #9504
sawgrass

LW I'm glad you made it there safely and in time to be with him. Despite how your chest feels you won't ever have to wonder 'what if'. Peace and comfort for all of you.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:38   #9505
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I made it here early evening. The flight was so painful I could eat my whole bottle of Dilaudid if I let myself. Having my chemo yesterday didn't help that, and the rough secong flight made my chest scream even worse. I think it thinks I got shot again or something. Not that it matters, I'm sitting beside Jeff here in his hospice room. He's slipping away fast, but they're doing everything they can to make him comfortable. These nurses are really caring people, I'm so thnakful for them.
If Jeff was able, I think he would be doing this:

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:48   #9506
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
If Jeff was able, I think he would be doing this:

I agree. Well said.
Old 09-06-2012, 21:09   #9507
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW I'm glad you made it there safely and in time to be with him. Despite how your chest feels you won't ever have to wonder 'what if'. Peace and comfort for all of you.
You're right, I'll never regret this trip, just like I won't regret last month's. But I'm glad I didn't eat all my Dilaudids last night, I sure needed some a few hours ago. Nasty chest pains, there to remind me they're not going away any time soon.

Jeff's sister brought his kitty, Mitch, to stay with us tonight. Jeff is slipping, as we expect, but he was able to let us know he recognized Mitch.

Okie Memorial Area

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-11-2012, 22:15   #9508
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 23:31   #9509
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
back, my friend. Today's been a painful day for me, mainly in the loss of a very dear friend. We met because of this thread, his support and caring for me never wavered, even when an attempt at a dating relationship failed last year. His friendship continued. He didn't bat an eye when Silent_Runner sent out some harmless and well intended, but irrational PM's to a few people here early this year. She knw her own issues would take her out of my life, and wanted to be sure I still had people around me to care for me. Jeff's response to her was the unwavering loving and loyalty to me that was what defined him, and totally put her at ease.

He stuck around when I lashed out at hin for nothing he'd said or done. I was hurting, and lashed out at he who was closest to me. He knew none of it was his fault, but he'd always tell me that he hated that I was hurting, had a nightmare, etc. but that he wanted me to lash out at him if it gave me any relief at all. I always felt terrible, but he wouldn't hear it. He'd remind that he'd do anything for me, including being a verbal whipping post if it helped ease what troubled me even a little bit.

After his fist stroke may of his posts and messages to me were just short noted saying he hoped I was having a good day, reminding me that he thought the world was better with me here, or just hoping my pain would lessen. But we'd still get his point, and as others have said, his caring and love for me showed through. I've lost a great friend, and someone I'll love forever. Here's what I posted in my thread about him...

Rest in Peace, Jeff Abshire

1962-2012
aka 23Skidoo

Okie Memorial Area

Heaven needed another angel, so the took the very best.

Rest well, Jeff, you are loved by many, and will be missed by all who were lucky enough to know you. Kind, gentle souls like you are a rare find.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-12-2012, 00:45   #9510
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

I'm pretty sure this was his last post to you on this thread but I have to agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Sweetheart, the world is most definitely a better place with you in it. Please don't lose sight of that.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:14   #9511
engineer151515

God bless Jeff. A great man.
Many prayers.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:02   #9512
deputy tom

And now it's time for you to take a break and get some rest LW. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:15   #9513
BobInTX

Wolfe, please let us know if there is a link to his obit later. Please, grieve for your friend and live with his memory. Be happy.
Old 09-12-2012, 15:15   #9514
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
God bless Jeff. A great man.
Many prayers.
I agree with you. He was a wonderful and loyal friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy tom View Post
She needs to but is planning to attend the funeral. That means one more trip to West Virginia. I pray she can rest and concentrate on her own healing once again after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Wolfe, please let us know if there is a link to his obit later. Please, grieve for your friend and live with his memory. Be happy.
BobInTX is right Wolfe. I know you will grieve and cry for Jeff. You have lost a wonderful friend who loved you without condition. He was a rare and special friend that does not come around often. Now he can be your guardian angel and I think he will be that with joy. I hope you will be able to smile when you think of him and the pain of loss will ease. If there was something I could do to comfort you I would be doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Im mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 15:37   #9515
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy tom View Post
i second this. we need you to get better. crazy as it sounds, we're a family of sorts, and, we need ya, sis!
Old 09-12-2012, 16:18   #9516
gigab1te

Rest in Peace.

LW, you sound like you were a great friend to Jeff all the way to the end. Thank you.
gigab1te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 00:15   #9517
Glock26girl
G26, G19

Bless you, sweet girl. It sounds like we might be making it down your way in October. Get some rest as the others said. Jeff was a wonderful, positive person who was so devoted to you.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."- George Orwell
Glock26girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:40   #9518
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigab1te View Post
Rest in Peace.

LW, you sound like you were a great friend to Jeff all the way to the end. Thank you.
No better a friend than he was to me, even when I couldn't be a friend to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
i second this. we need you to get better. crazy as it sounds, we're a family of sorts, and, we need ya, sis!
I know I do, the problems I have sure haven't given me a break just because of all this going on. The sleeplessness, pain and nightmares get on board every plane with me, including the one I've already been on today. I'm on my way up to Jeff's funeral.

I did have one nice thing happen to me just a few minutes ago. I walked into a coffee shop and was seated near the back, getting ready to pull out my laptop when a man who looked to be in his 30's walked up to me. He handed me a yellow rubber bracelet with 'Livestrong' stamped on it. One of the Lance Armstrong ones. He simply said "Here, it helped me through the chemo", and started walking away as I thanked him and put it on my wrist. What a nice gesture from a stranger!

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-13-2012, 08:31   #9519
BobInTX

That was a nice gesture. I'll bet "something" told him to give it to you. You've been on, and continue to be on, a long road. But it should be obvious to you, you're not traveling alone.

Last edited by BobInTX; 09-13-2012 at 08:32..
Old 09-13-2012, 10:45   #9520
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
No better a friend than he was to me, even when I couldn't be a friend to anyone.

I know I do, the problems I have sure haven't given me a break just because of all this going on. The sleeplessness, pain and nightmares get on board every plane with me, including the one I've already been on today. I'm on my way up to Jeff's funeral.

I did have one nice thing happen to me just a few minutes ago. I walked into a coffee shop and was seated near the back, getting ready to pull out my laptop when a man who looked to be in his 30's walked up to me. He handed me a yellow rubber bracelet with 'Livestrong' stamped on it. One of the Lance Armstrong ones. He simply said "Here, it helped me through the chemo", and started walking away as I thanked him and put it on my wrist. What a nice gesture from a stranger!
That's pretty cool. There are still good people in the world. Take care of yourself as best you can.

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!