Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:25   #21
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbannan View Post
No corrosive ammo for me.

Like I said before im new to AKs. What are the 922 parts you speak of and what does PAP stand for?
922 parts refer to Title 18, Chapter 44, section 922(r) of the United States Code, defined further by Title 27 Part 478.39 of the Code of Federal Regulation, which mandates that imported semi-automatic rifles and shotguns have to have 10 of 20 specific parts US-made to be sold in a non-"sporter" configuration. Hence why Saigas come with a monte-carlo style stock and single-stack magazines, and then have to be "converted" back into a regular AK design.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.

Last edited by CJStudent; 07-29-2012 at 08:25..
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:47   #22
FireForged
Millenium #3936

There is nothing wrong with the WASR's as long as you take 10 seconds to look them over.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:02   #23
Gbannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireForged View Post
There is nothing wrong with the WASR's as long as you take 10 seconds to look them over.
Thats what I was originally looking at but they had none left. So I went with the CIA Zastava. I think the quality, fit and finish was worth the extra $150.
Gbannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:34   #24
WASRfan

Quote:
No corrosive ammo for me.

Like I said before im new to AKs. What are the 922 parts you speak of and what does PAP stand for?
Fortunately for the unsuspecting, ex-Yugo military 7.62x39 is likely the last of the corrosive to be routinely found for sale. Although I have read that you should never fully trust ANY EU, ex-WARPACT ammo just to be on the safe side.

I don't go anal after a shoot of Wolf or Tula in the AKs, but I don't completely ignore them like I would after a day at the range with a .22LR.

As for PAP - from everything I've read on the 'net - which of course means nothing -- is that "P.A.P." is our abbreviation for some Yugo/Serb phrase meaning "semi-auto rifle".

We use it as if it is a model-name as that is what EAA was calling them when they started importing the low-cap thumbhole versions.

Whatever they call it, the ones I handled at a gunshow were sweet AKs - a time machine back to the 80's. Love to have one but just have no need.
WASRfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 17:41   #25
Gbannan

Well, I went ahead and got the Yugo PAP. The rifle feels and looks quality. Now i just need to shoot it.

The Kalashnikov Klub

The Kalashnikov Klub

The bolt is what i'm worried about. Hopefully it shoots fine, but if not it's off to get a original Yugo bolt, not the single stack version. I also ordered a new dust cover from RGuns.

The Kalashnikov Klub

Last edited by Gbannan; 08-13-2012 at 17:45..
Old 08-22-2012, 17:44   #26
Gbannan

With the dust cover from RGuns. I think it looks much better and it fits perfectly.

The Kalashnikov Klub
Old 08-22-2012, 18:05   #27
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender

Quote:
With the dust cover from RGuns. I think it looks much better and it fits perfectly.

The Kalashnikov Klub
Looks good, shoot it yet?

- "Our country went through a transition during the last election where the parasites came together and outnumbered the hosts." -jdavionic
uz2bUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 18:09   #28
Gbannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by uz2bUSMC View Post
Looks good, shoot it yet?
No sir. Can't shoot it at my indoor range..

I'm going to give a detailed range report with the stock bolt when I finally get to test fire it.

If there are any problems at all im going to send it to Two River Arms for the original Yugo bolt replacement.
Old 08-22-2012, 18:32   #29
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender

Quote:
No sir. Can't shoot it at my indoor range..

I'm going to give a detailed range report with the stock bolt when I finally get to test fire it.

If there are any problems at all im going to send it to Two River Arms for the original Yugo bolt replacement.
Sounds good, let us know.

- "Our country went through a transition during the last election where the parasites came together and outnumbered the hosts." -jdavionic
Old 09-09-2012, 12:53   #30
Gbannan

This range report is going to be far from detailed..

The rifle ran perfectly with no issues at all. I ran about 120 rounds of Tula ammo through her and it ran fine. I was shooting from a bench at 50 yards. It shoots low but i'll take care of that the next range visit. I was skeptical of this platform because of the single stack bolt, but after 120 rounds and not one issue, I think i'm going to keep her.
Old 09-09-2012, 13:34   #31
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender

Quote:
This range report is going to be far from detailed..

The rifle ran perfectly with no issues at all. I ran about 120 rounds of Tula ammo through her and it ran fine. I was shooting from a bench at 50 yards. It shoots low but i'll take care of that the next range visit. I was skeptical of this platform because of the single stack bolt, but after 120 rounds and not one issue, I think i'm going to keep her.
Good to hear.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:45   #32
BRoberts243

Quote:
Well thanks for the opinions. I don't want a piece of junk but I don't need a top of the line AK. I want something that I can shoot and not worry about. I do however want the firearm to be somewhat accurate. Bottom line, don't want to spend $550 on junk that I will have problems with.
My local sporting goods store has them for $475 regular, i got mine a couple months ago for $400 on sale. I love the gun and got it as a SHTF rifle that i know will go bang every time, but i wouldnt pay $550 for one, thats for sure
BRoberts243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 17:18   #33
Gbannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRoberts243 View Post
My local sporting goods store has them for $475 regular, i got mine a couple months ago for $400 on sale. I love the gun and got it as a SHTF rifle that i know will go bang every time, but i wouldnt pay $550 for one, thats for sure
WASR's aren't junk but the Zastava was available when I went back to my LGS.

On another note, I put 60 more rounds through her and still no problems at all. That puts the rifle at around 200 rds with no malfunctions.
Old 09-14-2012, 17:35   #34
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
This is my 3rd AK and first quality AK build shoots like a dream, every time you pull the trigger it goes bang never jammed and is right on POA POI .....
The Kalashnikov Klub

Good people sleep peaceable in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf
Regards
DW
Dalton Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 18:26   #35
attrapereves

A WASR is just as good as any other AK. However, you must pick it out in person. I bought mine locally so I could check for canted sights. The fit and finish might not be as nice as an arsenal, but it functions just as well.

Oh, and that Yugo looks much better with the new dust cover. I've never been into rails and tacticool stuff on AKs. Point and shoot!

Last edited by attrapereves; 09-30-2012 at 18:27..
attrapereves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 16:59   #36
Gbannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by attrapereves View Post
Oh, and that Yugo looks much better with the new dust cover. I've never been into rails and tacticool stuff on AKs. Point and shoot!
Thanks!! And no failures. This rifle has been flawless.
Old 10-05-2012, 21:55   #37
drizzle

Dalton, did you do any shaping on your vertical foregrip? My folder won't fold with the Romy foregrip I bought.

thanks
Old 10-05-2012, 21:56   #38
HWI

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzle View Post
Dalton, did you do any shaping on your vertical foregrip? My folder won't fold with the Romy foregrip I bought.

thanks
Do you have the normal dong or the reverse dong like him?
HWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:00   #39
drizzle

Mine is normal, curving forward, and longer...

Last edited by drizzle; 10-06-2012 at 12:01..
drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:26   #40
uz2bUSMC
10mm defender