GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:46   #9481
BobInTX

[QUOTE=Lone_Wolfe;19364538]Wow, that's great to hear. Hopefully the surgery goes well, and you're bouncing off walls again soom. Please let us know when you're coming up to your surgery, so we can send up prayers, smoke signals, and good juju for you. Plus, we can know to expect some good stoned posts.

Wha....?

Glad the hear Mrs. Bob's getting back to where she has a choice of feet to put in the backside of malingering husbands.

She's too busy putting on my socks for me.

Thanks M2. I'm trying, but right now I think the chemo and the Hajjis are winning. This week the side effects are worse, it was like that with the A/C also, got worse each week. 8 more weeks of this crap and this cancer had better cry Uncle!

QUOTE]

Or better yet,

I wish there was an easier way to cure the disease besides poisoning the patient.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 14:13   #9482
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

I want to bring this over here, too, to get the word to as many of Jeff's friends as I can. It's not looking good at all for Jeff, and I can hardly see to type this. His sister posted this a bit ago,

Quote:
"I have tried typing this twice and both times it hasn't gone Jeff's tests came back fine, no pneumonia and no systemic infwctions, however, he is as weak as a kitten and losing ground fast. He needs a miracle Both the therapist and I think he has had a second stroke. I think he had it, in the hospital, when his lower blood pressure number spiked and fell from 104 to the high 40's over and over again, in a period of 10 minutes. He has lost almost all the strength on his good side. He is getting womderful care at Sunbridge Pine Lodge, but he just keeps slipping further and further away. Please help me pray for the answer that JEFF needs, not us but Jeff. I want him to live and to get back to his old self, but, that is not looking like it is going to be possible. Pray for God's intervention and a miracle."

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 14:19   #9483
deputy tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
I want to bring this over here, too, to get the word to as many of Jeff's friends as I can. It's not looking good at all for Jeff, and I can hardly see to type this. His sister posted this a bit ago,
Prayers sent. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cẹl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 14:25   #9484
engineer151515

Many prayers for Jeff's recovery.
Old 08-30-2012, 14:38   #9485
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

More prayers added.

Sent from the toe my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 15:25   #9486
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Doubling down on the prayers.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 20:07   #9487
sawgrass

LW you, Jeff and his family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Bob that is a very nice prayer that you wrote in LW's thread
for Jeff.

LW I realize that it may not feel very important at the moment, but I hope that you realize from my email to you how much of what I've learned from you and this thread is helping me deal with a few returning Vets that I see on a daily basis. Thank you LW on many levels.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 00:37   #9488
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW you, Jeff and his family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Bob that is a very nice prayer that you wrote in LW's thread
for Jeff.

LW I realize that it may not feel very important at the moment, but I hope that you realize from my email to you how much of what I've learned from you and this thread is helping me deal with a few returning Vets that I see on a daily basis. Thank you LW on many levels.
I saw that email, and I'm glad you and those people you're working with can gain something from this thread and everyone in it.

No, I don't feel important at all right now, just sick, and hurting physically and mentally. I do consider myself lucky to have attracted as loyal of a friend as Jeff, they don't come any better. I wish I was as good to him as he is to me,

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-02-2012, 14:10   #9489
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
question for anyone who is medically inclined...

My chest hurts, my right jaw is throbbing, the chest pain goes all the way to the back (between the shoulderblades), my hands were tingling...sound like anxiety, heartburn or something more sinister?

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 14:54   #9490
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
question for anyone who is medically inclined...

My chest hurts, my right jaw is throbbing, the chest pain goes all the way to the back (between the shoulderblades), my hands were tingling...sound like anxiety, heartburn or something more sinister?
I called Silent_Runner and she recommended you get checked out, but asked how long it's been going on, did it come on suddenly, what were you doing when it started, etc. Bear in mind, she's a nurse and the first words out of her mouth are always going to bet to get checked.

You might also want to start a separate thread for this, as this thread has a very limited audience and people who could give you more info won't see it in here.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-02-2012, 15:09   #9491
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
I called Silent_Runner and she recommended you get checked out, but asked how long it's been going on, did it come on suddenly, what were you doing when it started, etc. Bear in mind, she's a nurse and the first words out of her mouth are always going to bet to get checked.

You might also want to start a separate thread for this, as this thread has a very limited audience and people who could give you more info won't see it in here.
My back has been sore for a few days...my chest just started hurting a little bit ago. When my chest started hurting, my back got worse...and my jaw got sore/throbbing. I was kinda dwelling on the feelings when my fingers started tingling.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 17:53   #9492
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
My back has been sore for a few days...my chest just started hurting a little bit ago. When my chest started hurting, my back got worse...and my jaw got sore/throbbing. I was kinda dwelling on the feelings when my fingers started tingling.
Sorry to hear about that. Spinal damage sucks. They either do some drastic surgery or you just get injections to try patch it until you need it done again, trying to stay one step ahead of it.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:39   #9493
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Double post.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 09-03-2012 at 09:41..
Old 09-03-2012, 09:40   #9494
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Jeff's sister just called me to tell me that he's decided to go back to hospice. He's fought hard, but this is just too much for him to overcome, and he's in pain. As bad as it hurts, we both support him 100% in this. I don't know yet which hospice he'll end up in, but please visit him if you can. I want to so bad, but can't skip another dose of chemo. She did put me on the phone with Jeff, I was able to tell him again how I feel and how much of a difference he's made in my life, and how much I'll miss him. He's loved by so many.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by Lone_Wolfe; 09-03-2012 at 09:49..
Old 09-03-2012, 09:49   #9495
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Hopefully, his pain will be made to go away and he can be confortable.

Hospices are good about that.

Hoping for the best for you...
Old 09-03-2012, 10:57   #9496
Steel Head
Tactical Cat

Quote:
Jeff's sister just called me to tell me that he's decided to go back to hospice. He's fought hard, but this is just too much for him to overcome, and he's in pain. As bad as it hurts, we both support him 100% in this. I don't know yet which hospice he'll end up in, but please visit him if you can. I want to so bad, but can't skip another dose of chemo. She did put me on the phone with Jeff, I was able to tell him again how I feel and how much of a difference he's made in my life, and how much I'll miss him. He's loved by so many.
Ju-Ju sent for both of you
Old 09-03-2012, 13:30   #9497
sawgrass

Quote:
LW all of you are in my thoughts. I hope that they can make him comfortable. I'm sure that he knows that you would be there if you could.
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 13:33   #9498
MasterShake
Brew Crew

Quote:
I'm still pulling for him, but God rest his soul. He's a good man..
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 19:22   #9499
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2hmghb View Post
We're still waiting to hear from Johns Hopkins. She's going in for a PET scan on the 5th. They haven't started anything as of yet and I'm getting quite frustrated at it.

Have you tried Marinol? It's THC which is the active ingredient in marijuana but in a legal pill. It's supposed to help with nausea and some pain. Feel better wolfess, and try not to howl at the moon
I'l be climbing walls, too. Still hoping and praying for a better result.

Nope, never tried Marinal. Wonder if the VA doc will approve.

The latest word on Jeff is that he's now back at Hubbard Hospice House in Charleston, and his sister says he's fading fast. I got enough details to do anything to day, because I was taking my chemo, but I'll be on the next plane out. Between me chest, just having a dose of chemo, and knowing there's no miracle for Jeff this time, this is going to hurt on so many levels. But when his sis said the magic words, "He'd be comforted by your presence", well, I was on the phone with Delta as soon as I hung up with her.

My doc did say it was OK to fly, just have to come back in time for my next chemo. No more skipping allowed

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-04-2012, 20:32   #9500
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Hope the trip is as comfortable as can be. You are a good friend.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!