GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 20:32   #51
JohnBT
NRA Patron
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 6,255
"I'm an Auburn fan"

So sorry. Clemson was all over them.
JohnBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 20:53   #52
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
The best thing about Auburn is Van Gorder's mustache.

6th different QB in 6 years, new coordinators and a young QB, and the same old crap defense.

Chizik has failed at building a program at Auburn, which isn't a surprise since he failed at Iowa State. The Cam season was a fluke. Gus Malzahn knew it, and saw the writing on the wall after 2010.

I am losing confidence in the Auburn program.

Last edited by Restless28; 09-01-2012 at 20:56..
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:59   #53
xXGearheadXx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Knoxville TN
Posts: 227
First of all, I'm stoked that it's college football time again. It was great seeing the Vols come away with a decent win in the GA Dome(I was there). I'm still only cautiously optimistic for a decent season. We KILLED a good cinci team last year and still couldn't get into the toilet bowl.

As much as i hate to say it, bama is the best again.
xXGearheadXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:23   #54
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,763


Quote:
Originally Posted by xXGearheadXx View Post
As much as i hate to say it, bama is the best again.
Its a LONG season..........
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:34   #55
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Its a LONG season..........
Unfortunately for Gator fans, that is true. I will be surprised if the Gators beat Texas A&M next week. They better stick with one QB (Driskel) and work on developing an effective offense.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:48   #56
efman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: georgia
Posts: 293
Clemson wins the acc

Bama plays south Carolina in the sec championship.


Bama beats USC for the natty.
__________________
"never give up, never give in, blue team always wins"
efman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:01   #57
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Did some fact checking on Chizik.

Sans the Cam season, he's 21-30 and 7-9 in conference play. He's paid $3.5 million a year, and is 4-8 (IIRC) against LSU, Alabama, Georgia and Arkansas.

I feel sorry for Auburn fans who think it's great to be an Auburn Tiger by beating Ole Miss and Miss State and non conference opponents occasionally.

Unless Cam is cloned, Auburn may only win 4 games this year.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:04   #58
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by efman View Post
Clemson wins the acc

Bama plays south Carolina in the sec championship.


Bama beats USC for the natty.
Georgia will come out of the East. South Carolina hasn't beaten Georgia twice in a row.

Whoever wins the Alabama Vs LSU game comes out of the West.

Don't sleep on Georgia. They led most of the SEC Championship Game against LSU. LSU had to come back to win.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:53   #59
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,763


Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Georgia will come out of the East. South Carolina hasn't beaten Georgia twice in a row.

Whoever wins the Alabama Vs LSU game comes out of the West.

Don't sleep on Georgia. They led most of the SEC Championship Game against LSU. LSU had to come back to win.
Lsu was on the road, coming off of an undefeated season in the toughest schedule in the country and destined for the bcs championship win or lose vs Georgia. It's important to remember the perspective.

On top of that they had just played and won the biggest game of the college football season.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 14:18   #60
blackjack
Senior Member
 
blackjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Sand Springs OK
Posts: 2,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Did some fact checking on Chizik.

Sans the Cam season, he's 21-30 and 7-9 in conference play. He's paid $3.5 million a year, and is 4-8 (IIRC) against LSU, Alabama, Georgia and Arkansas.

I feel sorry for Auburn fans who think it's great to be an Auburn Tiger by beating Ole Miss and Miss State and non conference opponents occasionally.

Unless Cam is cloned, Auburn may only win 4 games this year.
The Auburn fans that were chanting Chizik's ISU record in protest when he was hired have now been proven right. Eventually, the Board of Regents will catch up with them.
blackjack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 16:16   #61
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,763


Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
The Auburn fans that were chanting Chizik's ISU record in protest when he was hired have now been proven right. Eventually, the Board of Regents will catch up with them.
Only boosters can fix it
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 16:46   #62
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Only boosters can fix it
Auburn has a board of political appointees who are Pat Dye folks. I've been waiting for Auburn to make the turn for years. I don't see it happening.

Besides, who wants to come into the State when you have that kick ass program in Tuscaloosa?

Auburn has waited too long to make the changes. They are so far inferior to Alabama, that they will never catch up.

The ship has sailed on Auburn football.

Last edited by Restless28; 09-02-2012 at 16:46..
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 17:11   #63
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,763


Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Auburn has a board of political appointees who are Pat Dye folks. I've been waiting for Auburn to make the turn for years. I don't see it happening.

Besides, who wants to come into the State when you have that kick ass program in Tuscaloosa?

Auburn has waited too long to make the changes. They are so far inferior to Alabama, that they will never catch up.

The ship has sailed on Auburn football.
All is not lost. Saban will jump to auburn for the right contract and renaming Jordan hair Nick Saban stadium.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 17:29   #64
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
All is not lost. Saban will jump to auburn for the right contract and renaming Jordan hair Nick Saban stadium.
Saban will retire at Alabama. He's building a dynasty there.
I don't see anyone of his or Les's ability ever going to Auburn.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 17:31   #65
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,763


Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Saban will retire at Alabama. He's building a dynasty there.
I don't see anyone of his or Les's ability ever going to Auburn.
With saban it is all about the ego. Feed the ego.

Les will be gone within 5 years to watch his son play ball.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 17:36   #66
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
With saban it is all about the ego. Feed the ego.

Les will be gone within 5 years to watch his son play ball.
He's well fed and well paid.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 17:38   #67
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Paging Bobby Petrino, paging Bobby Petrino, you're forgiven.

Auburn needs you.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 17:40   #68
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,763


Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
He's well fed and well paid.
I think nick might enjoy the notoriety of being known as the only coach to win national championships at every SEC school.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 15:16   #69
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
Unfortunately for Gator fans, that is true. I will be surprised if the Gators beat Texas A&M next week. They better stick with one QB (Driskel) and work on developing an effective offense.
Ugh...too predictable
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 15:21   #70
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp
 
Magnus2131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 11,267
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
LW would have laughed that round off her chest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 16:52   #71
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,820
Kudos to Muschamp. He did a nice job turning the team around in the second half. Going to be a tough season, but good to see an offense that finally started to click.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 18:05   #72
Restless28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Solsbury Hill
Posts: 16,259
Fire up the jet, Bobby Lowder. Let's go get Petrino.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 19:24   #73
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,820
LSU games is pretty boring.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 19:42   #74
Reyn
Times Up
 
Reyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,566
I'm anxious to see how Bama does against Arkansas next week. LSU will be a close one either way. I will definitely be on the nicotine fix for nerves.
Reyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 19:46   #75
selogic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The deep South
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
LSU games is pretty boring.
LSU 34 Washington 3 End of the 3rd Quarter
selogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:06.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,120
333 Members
787 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42