Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-18-2012, 20:24   #1
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Gun shops of northern VA.

I have the bug..or should I say. I don't NEED another gun, but I WANT another gun. This will be my first gun purchase in VA. Anything special I need to bring along.

I think this time I am going to go visit multiple gun shops and find something used and interesting (vs. hunting down the best price on a particular make, model.....).

I am in Alexandria. What gun shops should I visit. I figure if I still have the bug next weekend and WANT a new gun, I will make a day of running to all the gun shops.

PS, I still don't have a place I really love to go shoot. It is just not the same here as it was in Ohio. I need to find a new job is a smaller town.
Old 08-18-2012, 20:40   #2
Glocktastic

Hey RW,

I am not sure which gun store is the best in the NOVA area, but I've had good luck with Virginia Arms in Manassas and Blue Ridge Armory in Chantilly. If you are willing to drive to Warrenton, Clark Brothers always has something interesting, notwithstanding prices on everything.

Two forms of ID with your address and name, on of which is your license (for VA resident).

I've also heard Greentop is the place go down towards Richmond, which also happens to be near Bass Pro Shops.

In addition, be sure to check out www.vaguntrader.com for FTF purcashes which are legal in VA.

But be forewarned, checking VAguntrader is an addiction.

Welcome to the Old Dominion!

Last edited by Glocktastic; 08-18-2012 at 20:44..
Glocktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:37   #3
Walter Bishop

I think Virginia Arms Company on Route 28 in Manassas is the best gun shop in Northern Virginia. Very professional staff. It's mostly handguns, tactical rifles and shotguns. Sharpshooters Indoor Range in Lorton has a good selection of guns as well. Lots of surplus military rifles for sale.
Walter Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:09   #4
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Bernie (the owner) runs the best gun shop in Nova at Virginia Arms.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:22   #5
simotek

Virginia Arms gets my vote for the best shop in the area. I've bought a lot from them.

There is a new shop (the only one inside the Beltway, I believe) called NOVA Firearms. They are small and have working-man hours but might be worth checking out. I bought my Kahr from them and they price-matched.
simotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:07   #6
Luminary

Virginia Arms is the best gun shop in Northern VA.
Luminary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 13:50   #7
watsoncb
CLM Number 40
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via MSN to watsoncb Send a message via Yahoo to watsoncb

Loudoun Guns is another decent store is in Leesburg. Both Virginia Arms and Guns & Ammo Warehouse in Manassas are great stores too.

I recently visited NOVA Firearms in Falls Church and it was a waste of time. They have a very small inventory, charge a very high transfer fee, their prices are high and the general attitude of the place was go %@#$* yourself "we are the only VA gun store inside the beltway".

They are less than a mile from my house, but I would rather drive 20 miles than go back.

Glock Talk Charter Lifetime Member #40
Glockers of the Old Dominion #648
Smith & Wesson Club #648
Black Rifle Club #648
Kalashnikov Klub #648
The 10 Ring #648
Sub Club #648

Last edited by watsoncb; 08-19-2012 at 13:58..
watsoncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:48   #8
FTjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocktastic View Post
Hey RW,

I am not sure which gun store is the best in the NOVA area, but I've had good luck with Virginia Arms in Manassas and Blue Ridge Armory in Chantilly. If you are willing to drive to Warrenton, Clark Brothers always has something interesting, notwithstanding prices on everything.

Two forms of ID with your address and name, on of which is your license (for VA resident).

I've also heard Greentop is the place go down towards Richmond, which also happens to be near Bass Pro Shops.

In addition, be sure to check out www.vaguntrader.com for FTF purcashes which are legal in VA.

But be forewarned, checking VAguntrader is an addiction.

Welcome to the Old Dominion!
greentop gets my vote. and as mentioned above, there is a bass pro shops nearby. and there is a gander mountain store in the area too so you can visit 3 stores within miles of each other.
FTjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:57   #9
Caustic Mopar

Loudoun Guns +1.

Awesome store. Great selection and they are great to brows as the guys will BS with you for hours!

There was one younger guy who actually carried and would joke that he carried Desert Eagle .50 iwb and a Glock 20 in an ankle Holster as his EDC. Every one teased him and when asked why he would always say. " cuz I can". Or " why not". Lol

This message brought to you by the letter G!
Caustic Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 17:51   #10
vafish

Nova Armament, Herndon
Guns and Ammo Warehouse, Manassas
educate children." -- Confucius

Last edited by vafish; 08-28-2012 at 17:52..
vafish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 23:02   #11
JuneyBooney

Are you looking for shooting or buying a firearm? I would check around on all guns. If you don't mind driving go down to Clark Brothers in Warrenton. Their prices are normally right in line with most other shops. For middle of the day shooting most of the ranges are pretty good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 23:13   #12
ChuteTheMall
HildabeastHater

Nation's Gun Show at The Expo Center in Chantilly, several times per year. It's big. Maybe too big.

Check Trader Jerry & Dark Sun among other major dealers.
"He said he fired a burst at the chest and if they didn't fall fast enough, he fired a burst at the face. He never needed to reload and had enough on board so if he missed a shot or two he could catch up in the fight. " -Gabe Suarez, 2008
ChuteTheMall is offline   Reply With Quote