SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2012, 05:19   #1
CDR_Glock

My quest for a 22 plinker is over...Mark II Target Competition

I acquired a Ruger Mark II Target Competition with a 6 7/8" barrel a few months ago. I found it Pre owned in a LGS. It was used based upon the looks of the internals and the tightness of the parts. For $430, it was high but for an almost new discontinued gun, I didn't complain.

Shooting it a few times, I was happy with the factory trigger but it still pulled around 4-5 pounds. I had a Clark Trigger installed. It knocked her down to about 3 lbs.

I experimented with a Sightmark Adjustable reticle holographic sight. After 1000 rounds it failed me. So I switched to a Matchdot by Ultradot. Two days ago, I installed it, zeroed it for 50 yards and took it for a "spin". I hit then 1" wide rod at 25 yards, the 4" plate at 50 yards, the 8" plate at 75 yards. It feels great to shoot and it takes some work holding a heavier 22 as still as possible. My buddy hits a padlock at 75 yards, a 1" rod at 50 yards and a 150 yard plate. He has a few years up on me. I'd like to strive to his level, some time in the future. I'm using Eley Target ammunition.

I learned my lesson on the cheap sights. Buy what you can afford and be done with it.

Field stripping a Ruger is no more complicated than an AR-15 or shotgun. It's not impossible. It's not cut and dry like a Glock. However, it should not deter ANYONE from acquiring it, or even cleaning it. It's not rocket science.

For the money, I'm happy with the configuration for my 22 LR plinker for precision and long distance shooting,

My YouTube Channel:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
CDR_Glock is offline   Reply With Quote