Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-16-2012, 20:53   #61
BuzznRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
Yes, im looking for the extractor #
Okay. I'll post it tomorrow or Saturday.
Old 08-17-2012, 21:18   #62
BuzznRose

Quote:
Yes, im looking for the extractor #
Diamond,

There aren't any numbers on the stock Glock extractors. I cleaned my 23, 19, 26, and 21, and none had numbers. All were stock.

Anyway, while there were fewer poor ejections, the issue has not been totally resolved. I am still getting a couple ejects to the forearms or head per magazine.

Did you solve your issue? I am not happy with Glock. I tried two different FMJ loads and Federal Tactical HST's, all had poor ejections.
Old 08-18-2012, 00:36   #63
diamondd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznRose View Post
Diamond,

There aren't any numbers on the stock Glock extractors. I cleaned my 23, 19, 26, and 21, and none had numbers. All were stock.

Anyway, while there were fewer poor ejections, the issue has not been totally resolved. I am still getting a couple ejects to the forearms or head per magazine.

Did you solve your issue? I am not happy with Glock. I tried two different FMJ loads and Federal Tactical HST's, all had poor ejections.
Buzz,

All stock Glock extractors have #'s on them. You will find the # on the G21 stamped on the inside bridge of the extractor. The 19, 26, 23 will have the # on the round part of the extractor.

Anyway, No I did not resolve my problem. Read post #54 above for the run down.

I do have a couple more tricks up my sleeve. I ordered a new RSA, a new heavier extractor plunger spring, And I polished my current extractor. I will be testing after next week, 1 part at a time to see what makes a difference.

Last edited by diamondd2; 08-18-2012 at 00:37..
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:52   #64
4949shooter

I just can't get my mind wrapped around the idea that this is an ammo issue only. I mean, I have fired thousands of rounds of the PMC 230 grain stuff through my Colt Combat Commanders without issue. I have also fired the aluminum cased CCI Blazer through a Gen 2 G21 I had with no issues. I wish I still had that gun.

I hope your problem gets resolved. You might want to call Glock about a replacement RSA. I called then the other day about a replacement RSA for my G20 and they sent it to me without a problem. The first question they asked was, "Is it a Gen 4?" Anyway, it might save you a few $$.

Good luck!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:01   #65
BuzznRose

Quote:
Buzz,

All stock Glock extractors have #'s on them. You will find the # on the G21 stamped on the inside bridge of the extractor. The 19, 26, 23 will have the # on the round part of the extractor.

Is this it?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Attached Thumbnails
General Glocking - Click for larger version  
Old 08-18-2012, 10:03   #66
BuzznRose

Quote:
Is this it?

If this is it, the number is two digits, "1?". I cannot tell what second digit is.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:57   #67
diamondd2

Quote:
It's probably a #1. I have the #1 as does the guy who started the other thread about G21 erratic ejection. I would like to get a #6. Someone mentioned perfect ejection in theirs and they have a #6.

Old 08-18-2012, 17:35   #68
BuzznRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post
I just can't get my mind wrapped around the idea that this is an ammo issue only. I mean, I have fired thousands of rounds of the PMC 230 grain stuff through my Colt Combat Commanders without issue. I have also fired the aluminum cased CCI Blazer through a Gen 2 G21 I had with no issues. I wish I still had that gun.

I hope your problem gets resolved. You might want to call Glock about a replacement RSA. I called then the other day about a replacement RSA for my G20 and they sent it to me without a problem. The first question they asked was, "Is it a Gen 4?" Anyway, it might save you a few $$.

Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion. I am calling them Monday morning anyway, and may ask for another RSA as well as a new extractor.

After reading a lot of other posts in different threads, I came across the idea that maybe it was an issue with brass ammo, since every Glock I've bought new came with the test rounds and they were aluminium. I also read that one poster said his issue didn't happen with steel or aluminum ammo, only brass. Plus, Glock rep told me they had run five mags through my gun.

So I decide to dump $40 on a box of CCI Blazer and Tula steel ammo, both 230 FMJ. I just got back from the range...no difference! This was shocking. I am still getting at least two cases to the head per mag, and I was only loading 10 rounds per mag (I have 5 mags and wanted to compare results).

Totally frustrates me. Either Glock is lying about testing the gun or there is a magic force field in their Smyrna plant where ever gun shoots perfectly.

On a side note, when I went to the range yesterday with my daughter, I was shooting about 6 feet to her left and I was getting pelted by brass from my Ruger Mk 3, 22-45, shooting cheap Federal bulk rounds.

What's Up, Glock???
Old 08-18-2012, 17:56   #69
di11igaf
ibew

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I am calling them Monday morning anyway, and may ask for another RSA as well as a new extractor.

After reading a lot of other posts in different threads, I came across the idea that maybe it was an issue with brass ammo, since every Glock I've bought new came with the test rounds and they were aluminium. I also read that one poster said his issue didn't happen with steel or aluminum ammo, only brass. Plus, Glock rep told me they had run five mags through my gun.

So I decide to dump $40 on a box of CCI Blazer and Tula steel ammo, both 230 FMJ. I just got back from the range...no difference! This was shocking. I am still getting at least two cases to the head per mag, and I was only loading 10 rounds per mag (I have 5 mags and wanted to compare results).

Totally frustrates me. Either Glock is lying about testing the gun or there is a magic force field in their Smyrna plant where ever gun shoots perfectly.

On a side note, when I went to the range yesterday with my daughter, I was shooting about 6 feet to her left and I was getting pelted by brass from my Ruger Mk 3, 22-45, shooting cheap Federal bulk rounds.

What's Up, Glock???
That was me, I had a video of it up as well(shooting tula from my 19).
It did for whatever reason eject steel and aluminum just about 100% perfect(maybe extractor got a better hold?) when it was ejecting brass to the left or 6:00.
My 19 was also sent to glock, they replaced extractor and the trigger bar as well(few other things also). It's better with the new extractor, I haven't tried it with the trigger bar they put in it though since I put a 17 smooth face trigger in mine before I shot it. So far its been quite a bit better, but not perfect.
I realize were talking 2 different calibers, but I'm sure the root cause is the same.
Old 08-18-2012, 19:36   #70
Beanie-Bean

Quote:
It's probably a #1. I have the #1 as does the guy who started the other thread about G21 erratic ejection. I would like to get a #6. Someone mentioned perfect ejection in theirs and they have a #6.

It was me--I have the #6 extractor on mine, and it ejects everything fine unless I don't put enough powder in my loads. Then it's running like some of the G19 Gen4 pistols I read about here, where the brass just kind of dribbles out of the ejection port.

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:43   #71
BuzznRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie-Bean View Post
It was me--I have the #6 extractor on mine, and it ejects everything fine unless I don't put enough powder in my loads. Then it's running like some of the G19 Gen4 pistols I read about here, where the brass just kind of dribbles out of the ejection port.
Beanie, did the #6 extractor come stock in your pistol?

Thanks,

Buzz
Old 08-20-2012, 07:07   #72
BuzznRose

Update: Just got off the phone with Glock. No matter what I said, they will not send me a new extractor. I don't know of any local armorers, so I said screw it and they are sending me a mailing label for the pistol.

I am definately getting rid of this pistol but will fix it first, as I will not sell a broke weapon.

So, anyone in South TX looking for an almost new G21 Gen 4 w/ TRUGLO TFO's, case, & 5 mags for $600?

It will probably be available in September...when it comes back from Glock

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway."
-- John Wayne
Old 08-20-2012, 08:25   #73
PAGunner

Quote:
Update: Just got off the phone with Glock. No matter what I said, they will not send me a new extractor. I don't know of any local armorers, so I said screw it and they are sending me a mailing label for the pistol.

I am definately getting rid of this pistol but will fix it first, as I will not sell a broke weapon.

So, anyone in South TX looking for an almost new G21 Gen 4 w/ TRUGLO TFO's, case, & 5 mags for $600?

It will probably be available in September...when it comes back from Glock

-- John Wayne
I just bought an M&P45 full size, along with 3 other M&Ps. My favorite is the full size 45, you don't have to worry about BTF with it either... Might want to consider one, they're amazing!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:29   #74
Clem Eastwood

my ACE prefix gen 2 has been throwing brass at me for over a decade.

Where men are men, women are men, and teenagers and children are FBI agents.
Clem Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:39   #75
BuzznRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
I just bought an M&P45 full size, along with 3 other M&Ps. My favorite is the full size 45, you don't have to worry about BTF with it either... Might want to consider one, they're amazing!
I may. My next .45 will be a Ruger SR1911 I think.

Buying Glocks has kinda been against the grain. I'm really a "Made in the USA" kinda guy. Hard to do with clothes and electronics, but I try everywhere else.

I was thinking M&P's were made in Germany by Walter. Is that right?

My daughter (20) was shooting the 19 for the first time this weekend and she had a problem with the grip (she has tiny hands).

After watching Hickok45 video yesterday, I'm now looking at the Ruger SR9C for her. He really liked it, and I trust his videos a lot.

-- John Wayne
Old 08-22-2012, 00:07   #76
TheGlockTalker

Quote:

If you're speaking of me I have an extractor with No. 3 on it.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...1436520&page=3
TheGlockTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:50   #77
diamondd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlockTalker View Post
If you're speaking of me I have an extractor with No. 3 on it.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...1436520&page=3
Your right, I got my numbers mixed up. You and I have #3's. I put in a #2 and it made a slight improvement. I would like to try a #6.

Old 08-22-2012, 16:31   #78
TheGlockTalker

Just a quick update.

I called Glock and they're sending a shipment label to my house.

I'll report what they do and if it helps once I get the gun back.
Old 08-22-2012, 16:33   #79
TheGlockTalker

Quote:
Your right, I got my numbers mixed up. You and I have #3's. I put in a #2 and it made a slight improvement. I would like to try a #6.

I forgot to say in the above post that when I called Glock they said they had no replacement extractor at this time.
I told them I had read about no. 6 and he didn't know anything about it.

So..........the saga continues........
Old 08-28-2012, 09:17   #80
diamondd2

Ok. So i went to the range today with my G21 G4, 100rds of American Eagle ammo (same as last time), 20rds Hornady critical defense 185gr, and my new parts (new RSA, white sound defense extractor plunger spring(20% heavier), and polished/filed #2 extractor).

I started with my polished #2 extractor. It was arkansas stoned top and bottom and the shoulder was filed/reduced slightly. All ejection went nicely to the right 3-5 oclock. Some ejection seemed weak, but at least all went to the right.

Next I changed in the new RSA. No improvement, actually the ejection seemed weaker with the new RSA vs my used 500rd RSA. Changed back to original RSA.

Next I installed the new white sound defense extractor plunger spring, which is supposed to have 20% more strength/force. Immediately got hit with brass to the face. About 10 of the 13rds in the mag came straight back at me. Needless to say I removed the WSD spring and went back to the original.

So, now my G21 is all stock except for the #2 extractor that has been polished/filed and I am quite satisfied with it.

Just a side thought about that heavier plunger spring. I couldn't believe the difference in ejection when I changed it. I wonder if the stock extractor plunger springs are a little to heavy and the root cause of all these ejection problems? Would like to get another stock spring and cut some coils off and test.

And another observation I made today. The gun actually seemed to eject better the more I loosened my grip??!!??

Last edited by diamondd2; 08-28-2012 at 09:18..