Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-17-2012, 22:36   #1
K00R

Anyone else's wife do something that drives them insane all the time?

/start irritated by the wife rant

My military past has driven and pounded a fierce level of consistency into me. Everything I own gets placed in the exact same spot, the exact same way. Now something being slightly off won't bother me it's not OCD level. But not in the same location entirely, you may as well have launched into outer space because there is no chance in hell I'll find it.

She on the other hand, will just kind place things wherever. Magically always found by her when she needs it. My stuff that she uses, while knowing where it is, and where it's supposed to be when she is done with... Vanishes into thin air. In the past week she somehow lost tools from my small portable tool kit, which isn't so small it's about 3 feet wide by 1 foot tall and 1 foot deep. Which used to contain just about any tool for on the go repairs (screwdrivers, pliers, and dremel a drill, you get the idea) roughly $1000 worth of tools, vanished into thin air. While cleaning out the storage closet and rearranging she made my tactical Assault bag vanish... Containing 35 magpul magazines (fully loaded...) my chest rig, my plate carrier, pretty much all of my old military gear. I've found bits and pieces of that stuff scattered throughout the house over the past few days. Now today, when I decided to refinish my sig sauer since it got rather worn, I took the Surefire x300 and the grips off, placing them next to the tv in our bedroom, and go out to the garage. I come back a few hours later here she decided to rearrange the entire bedroom. Guess where those grips and x300 went? Vanished. None of this she recalls seeing or ever moving. Now I know some people are thinking she is selling my ****. I've been dealing with this for years, it will eventually resurface in the most unusual spot one could imagine.

Hopefully I will eventually resolve this issue... While her stuff can be placed in any spot wherever it's always easily located by her as previously stated. Now... God forbid I go into the kitchen and (which she flawlessly maintains at an OCD-like level of consistency) and move anything one millimetre but it's ok to make my stuff vanish for weeks at a time and eventually resurface, and when I get pissed about it I'm the bad guy.

/end irritated by the wife rant

Last edited by K00R; 08-17-2012 at 22:59..
K00R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 23:00   #2
UtahIrishman
Silver Membership
BLR

Join the club...this happens to me all the time. My wife thinks (or says) that I'm absent-minded. Yet I don't have this problem at work or in areas she doesn't go, like my Den.

Consider making at least one area of the house 'your area'. Call it man-cave, Den...whatever. It should be an area that you can call your own. Do your stuff there and you'll know at least where those things are.

----
UtahIrishman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 23:13   #3
K00R

That would be the garage... Which she still enters to do things other then drive her car in and out despite my pleading. The storage closet and laundry room are also in there, which we both frequent (and I have no issue with the laundry room access either) but the storage closet... It's all my stuff but she insisted it was unkept and had to cleaned and organised. The garage is my "get away from the wife" area which she doesn't seem to grasp the concept of... Containing my work bench, my recliner, a small plasma screen tv, a radio, and even my hammock strung up between two beams, and a small closet I made for myself to keep my work clothes and gear in.

I didn't ask for much for a my space area and it does not bother me if she enters to drive in or out, or go into the laundry room. But it does when she bothers my stuff in there. Excluding the grips and weapon light (I left them I. The bedroom cause its my bedside gun, oddly enough the firearms in various parts of the house have NEVER vanished) this is where all my stuff vanishes from.
Old 08-17-2012, 23:41   #4
UtahIrishman
Silver Membership
BLR

It's my belief women think they are 'helping' their man when they try to organize his life.

And it simply doesn't work. Women think differently then men, and visa-versa. Our version of being organized (among other things) and there's differ dramatically.

You need to establish some territory of your own...when it comes to stuff like this 'they' are the enemy.

Every woman on this board is probably going to raise hell with me for this...but women's attempt to 'help' are sometimes the worst things they can do for the males in their lives.

We need some space, and peace, of our own.

----
Old 08-17-2012, 23:43   #5
youngdocglock

YES! well my girlfriend. Not wife yet.

She for some reason....which i cannot understand. Believes i am the all knowing all seeing all hearing answer grape. Thus no matter how far fetched the question, how difficult the answer, or how weird the subject. She expects me to know the answer and explain it in vivid detail for upwards of an hour.

Today we had a 2 hour conversation on the Gaelic Language that lead nowhere :-p
Old 08-17-2012, 23:48   #6
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by K00R View Post
/start irritated by the wife rant

My military past has driven and pounded a fierce level of consistency into me. Everything I own gets placed in the exact same spot, the exact same way. Now something being slightly off won't bother me it's not OCD level. But not in the same location entirely, you may as well have launched into outer space because there is no chance in hell I'll find it.

She on the other hand, will just kind place things wherever. Magically always found by her when she needs it. My stuff that she uses, while knowing where it is, and where it's supposed to be when she is done with... Vanishes into thin air. In the past week she somehow lost tools from my small portable tool kit, which isn't so small it's about 3 feet wide by 1 foot tall and 1 foot deep. Which used to contain just about any tool for on the go repairs (screwdrivers, pliers, and dremel a drill, you get the idea) roughly $1000 worth of tools, vanished into thin air. While cleaning out the storage closet and rearranging she made my tactical Assault bag vanish... Containing 35 magpul magazines (fully loaded...) my chest rig, my plate carrier, pretty much all of my old military gear. I've found bits and pieces of that stuff scattered throughout the house over the past few days. Now today, when I decided to refinish my sig sauer since it got rather worn, I took the Surefire x300 and the grips off, placing them next to the tv in our bedroom, and go out to the garage. I come back a few hours later here she decided to rearrange the entire bedroom. Guess where those grips and x300 went? Vanished. None of this she recalls seeing or ever moving. Now I know some people are thinking she is selling my ****. I've been dealing with this for years, it will eventually resurface in the most unusual spot one could imagine.

Hopefully I will eventually resolve this issue... While her stuff can be placed in any spot wherever it's always easily located by her as previously stated. Now... God forbid I go into the kitchen and (which she flawlessly maintains at an OCD-like level of consistency) and move anything one millimetre but it's ok to make my stuff vanish for weeks at a time and eventually resurface, and when I get pissed about it I'm the bad guy.

/end irritated by the wife rant

Been there, done that.

Scariest phrase from my wife is "I never saw it". 6 months or a year later, "Oh that!, It was in the way."

I am not neat, but! I have to return each and every tool to where I got it from, or it's gone. Even 5 minutes later. No recall.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 23:48   #7
UtahIrishman
Silver Membership
BLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post
YES! well my girlfriend. Not wife yet.

She for some reason....which i cannot understand. Believes i am the all knowing all seeing all hearing answer grape. Thus no matter how far fetched the question, how difficult the answer, or how weird the subject. She expects me to know the answer and explain it in vivid detail for upwards of an hour.

Today we had a 2 hour conversation on the Gaelic Language that lead nowhere :-p
To a woman the substance of the conversation isn't the important part, it's the conversation itself.

You could be talking total gibberish and she would like it because you are engaging with her in a manner she enjoys.

Let me clarify I'm not knocking women in general, or your girl friend, for this trait. I simply think it's a very womanly trait to want to talk...sometimes a lot

----

Last edited by UtahIrishman; 08-17-2012 at 23:49.. Reason: clarification
Old 08-17-2012, 23:50   #8
youngdocglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahIrishman View Post
To a woman the substance of the conversation isn't the important part, it's the conversation itself.

You could be talking total gibberish and she would like it because you are engaging with her in a manner she enjoys.

Let me clarify I'm not knocking women in general, or your girl friend, for this trait. I simply think it's a very womanly trait to want to talk...sometimes a lot
haha true.

however her stance is "every time i ask something, you answer, and for some stupid reason your always right, so now your my wiki boyfriend" lmfao
Old 08-17-2012, 23:56   #9
UtahIrishman
Silver Membership
BLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdocglock View Post
haha true.

however her stance is "every time i ask something, you answer, and for some stupid reason your always right, so now your my wiki boyfriend" lmfao
Man...you'd better hang on to her...most men go through life wondering if their wife/girlfriend will ever admit that their husband/boyfriend might be right...even just once.

It's like the old saying..."If a married man is alone in the woods, is he still wrong?"

----
Old 08-18-2012, 00:06   #10
youngdocglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahIrishman View Post
Man...you'd better hang on to her...most men go through life wondering if their wife/girlfriend will ever admit that their husband/boyfriend might be right...even just once.

It's like the old saying..."If a married man is alone in the woods, is he still wrong?"
Thats where she is a godsend. Shes not American, shes from a very small village in Lithuania. I made her first ever lasagna last night. Everything is new to her haha so i get to be right a LOT :-D
Old 08-18-2012, 00:12   #11
K00R

LMFAO... That's the terminal battle of all men. I can go as far as present the little lady with forensic and scientific proof/evidence and I'm still wrong. Other then those two things I really can't complain much. But damn, like $10,000 worth of my stuff gone in seven days cause she went on a cleaning frenzy. She regularly makes stuff vanish but when she does a cleaning frenzy I damn near lose my mind when I come home from work and it looks like all my stuff got looted.

I've tried engaging this enemy but all it really accomplishes is pissing her off cause I'm absent minded and accusitory (while she swears up and down she either never saw it or put it back) and so and so forth and I end up in my hammock out in the garage.
Old 08-18-2012, 19:59   #12
CanMan

Note to self.
Must ask wife what she's done with my two favorite 1911s?
When she's exhausted her search I'll say 'It's okay, I'll get another two on Monday'.

Note to friend, Dave.
Check obit section of Tue morn paper.
CanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:43   #13
youngdocglock

Social Group Forums
She always wants to load my mags
Old 08-20-2012, 11:05   #14
K00R

That drives you insane? After mine gets passed the 12th round it's more comical entertainment then anything else.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:55   #15
youngdocglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by K00R View Post
That drives you insane? After mine gets passed the 12th round it's more comical entertainment then anything else.
This haha

Shes good but after 12-13....its funny
Old 08-24-2012, 10:26   #16
frizz

It usually something your wife won't do that drives you insane.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:48   #17
simotek

Yep... she talks.
simotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:51   #18
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

"Well doc, it all started when she said "I do".".

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:57   #19
youngdocglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizz View Post
It usually something your wife won't do that drives you insane.
She wont let me within 500ft of a mc donalds

I have made this post on my phone. If I spell like a two year old. Blame Android. Not me
Old 08-24-2012, 11:10   #20
Thumpernator

Anyone else's wife do something that drives them insane all the time?

Yeah, she's still breathing.

J/K
Thumpernator is offline   Reply With Quote