SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-28-2012, 00:49   #9341
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Hugs to you LW! ;-)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

8-Ball
Folsom_Prison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:54   #9342
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post

I often find myself thinking that the alternative would have been better. It'd have saved me a lot of pain all this time, physical and mental. I don't like so many things about myself these days. If God's using me for something anymore I sure don't see it. I guess the depression is getting to me.
the alternative would not be better. no way, no how, no further dicussion. look at all you can do! you are gonna be able to help someone else through this. you are gonna be that voice of reason and strength....right?
Old 07-28-2012, 08:34   #9343
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
the alternative would not be better. no way, no how, no further dicussion. look at all you can do! you are gonna be able to help someone else through this. you are gonna be that voice of reason and strength....right?
What he said!

Trust me, something I believe to the core of my being: Everything happens for a reason, and it'll work out how it's supposed to in the end.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:53   #9344
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I forgot to update y'all with my own gimp status.

I went back to the dr on Tuesday to get my MRI results. My MRI showed some bone spurs and moderately severe right narrowing of the lateral recesses of my L4-L5 disk. The doctor said that we would probably treat... that with injections for pain. The MRI also showed a thoracic (chest area) spinal cord syrinx, which is a fluid pocket in the spinal cord, which is not supposed to be there. This was totally unexpected and he wasn't looking for it at all. In fact, he had never seen one in the thoracic spine. But he said it was fortunate that we found it, because it can create all kinds of problems. Fortunately, I haven't presented any of the symptoms that this can create, so maybe I don't have any spine damage yet.

Before he treats the lower back with injections, he wants me to get another MRI with contrast on the thoracic area . Then he is going to refer me to a neurosurgeon, because he is more of a extremities guy than a spine guy. But he told me this isn't something to go home and lose sleep over, so I'm trying not to.

Bottom line is that it will probably be another couple of weeks now before I get to see the neurosurgeon and find out what we are going to do about everything. Until then, hydrocodone is my best friend. On the bright side, I'm not having to take time off from work because of it. Except for MRI's of course. This will be my third one.
Sounds pretty serious to me. I was draggging my left leg because of a pain in my knee from one single bone spur. I could not walk a block. You can have as much pain from a little nerve pressure same as a pinched off nerve. That fluid pocket can effect anything in that area. Glad they caught that too.
I'm getting ready to have a Myelogram done on the disk I injured during rehab of my knee on the 1st of the month. I can't have a MRI because of the metal in my back. Not looking forward to it because that procedure hurts a lot, not to mention you get quite a few xrays while they try and position the needle to put the dye in the disk. Glad you're still active while taking that hydrocodone because all it does for me is bring on constipation. Hope you don't have to wait too long to have something done.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:03   #9345
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
I often find myself thinking that the alternative would have been better. It'd have saved me a lot of pain all this time, physical and mental. I don't like so many things about myself these days. If God's using me for something anymore I sure don't see it. I guess the depression is getting to me.
I can think of some grateful people because you are alive. I'm quite familiar with Mr. Depression, it's very difficult to ignore him all the time.
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:36   #9346
23skidoo
Deceased

Sweetheart, the world is most definitely a better place with you in it. Please don't lose sight of that.
Old 07-29-2012, 20:32   #9347
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19_AJ View Post
Hugs to you LW! ;-)
back, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
I've always tried to be a voice of reason, but that doesn't mean I've succeeded. Strength? I don't think so. I sure don't have much of that. If I thought I was weak while I was overseas, I didn't know what weak was. Now I can't even stand up for more than a few minutes at a time. I just find myself thinking that when this chemo is finished, I'll either be cured, or I'll find out I'm not going to be cured. If I can't be cured, there's not much I can do about it. If I am, then I hope to be able to go back to my job and finish what I started. I know that's not really my life over there, but this feels even less like my life. This is just an interruption that I want to be over with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
What he said!

: hugs:

Trust me, something I believe to the core of my being: Everything happens for a reason, and it'll work out how it's supposed to in the end. : hugs:
Yeah, I just find myself wondering what the reason might be.

back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
I can think of some grateful people because you are alive. I'm quite familiar with Mr. Depression, it's very difficult to ignore him all the time. : hugs:
I think he's taken up permanent residence in my head. He's sure gotten the better of me these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
Sweetheart, the world is most definitely a better place with you in it. Please don't lose sight of that.
There are some who'd beg to differ with you, and I'm one of them at times.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 20:39   #9348
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:

Yeah, I just find myself wondering what the reason might be.

back.

There are some who'd beg to differ with you, and I'm one of them at times.

I think that reason is to show people what real strength is. As much as you try to deny it, it shows through anyways. And that, my dear, can show other people that they too can keep going, no matter what life throws at them. Sometimes, I get to feeling completely overwhelmed with general "life" stuff (cars breaking, work being stupid, financial stress, etc). Then I come read this thread, and you show me what real strength is, and it keeps me going; I want to thank you for that.

And listen to Skidoo; he knows what he's talking about!

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 20:49   #9349
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

God Bless you.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 23:16   #9350
MB-G26
Lifetime Membership
Inertia Bound

Wahhhhhhhhhhhh......... are you ever gonna get a USA phone now that you're back?????????????????????

<-----------less than a patient person (hehe....get it?)
I am slowly falling apart - I wish you'd take a walk in my shoes for a start. You might think it's easy being me ... Sometimes I find myself shaking - In the middle of the night. And then it hits me and I can't - Even believe this is my life
(The Wreckers; "Stand Still; Look Pretty")
MB-G26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 15:31   #9351
BobInTX

"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 15:41   #9352
m2hmghb

Hello Wolfe, just wanted to say hello and check in. Hope you're healing well!

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 23:55   #9353
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

I just got some bad news about Skidoo, he's had another stroke. This was posted on his sister-in-law's FB page a bit ago..

"I AM ASKING FOR PRAYERS FOR MY BROTHER-N-LAW. HE HAS HAD ANOTHER STROKE THIS MORNING AND AS OF RIGHT NOW THINGS DON'T LOOK VERY GOOD. SO PLEASE ASK GOD TO HELP HIM RECOVER.

And here's the message she sent to me...

"LONE UPDATE.....HE HASN'T WOKE UP YET BUT WHEN I GOT UP THERE I STARTED I STARTED PESTERING HIM TO WAKE UP AND HE DID OPEN HIS EYES BUT ONLY FOR A FEW SECONDS. HE IS MOVING BOTH LEGS AND BOTH ARMS. HE JUST WON'T WAKE UP YET. THE BLEED IN THE BRAIN IS ON THE RIGHT SIDE THIS TIME. THIS STROKE CAME OUT OF NOWHERE. THANK GOD HIS SISTER WAS THERE TO CALL 911 AND GET HIM TO THE HOSPITAL. I'LL TALK TO YOU TOMORROW AFTER I GET BACK FROM HOSPITAL AND GIVE YOU AN UPDATE"

Thankfully his sister was there to get him help right away, but this one sounds bad. Please send up a serious ration of prayers for him. He's a really sweet guy and a great friend.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 00:04   #9354
MasterShake
Brew Crew

Prayers sent. Poor guy.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 00:09   #9355
Folsom_Prison
Brew Crew

Wishing the best lW!
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

8-Ball
Folsom_Prison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 00:29   #9356
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

Okie Memorial Area

ArtCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 00:30   #9357
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

Okie Memorial Area
Old 07-31-2012, 00:31   #9358
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

Okie Memorial Area
Old 07-31-2012, 00:31   #9359
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

Okie Memorial Area
Old 07-31-2012, 00:32   #9360
ArtCrafter
¤Hocker Mocker¤

Okie Memorial Area

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!