Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2012, 00:19   #27
Kelo6

Front Sight was my first "official" training experience. It was great to get the basics, and I had a great time (went with two others, one who was former Navy, and one who's an NRA instructor, avid shooter, and was going back to FS again because he enjoyed it the first time.)

It's not a bad place to start, especially if you can get the first-time student certificate for $69. Between flying down to San Diego, driving with friends from there, and splitting hotel room costs, I went for a little less than $500. Not bad for 4-days of training.

Their advertizing is over the top, but they don't lie. Without having done any handgun training, and only having fired a handgun twice in my life, at the end of day 4, I was able to put two rounds, COM, from a concealed holster, on a timed, 2-second target. My whole class could (20 of us, novice to experienced shooters).

I've had some other training since then that did things differently with grip, stance, mag changes, etc. which I found to be better and/or more efficient.

As with all training (not just firearms), diversity is important as well as keeping the good, losing the bad. If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work. But always try it and train while you're there. Learn everything you can and apply that knowledge/experience as you go.

My $.02.

Last edited by Kelo6; 07-24-2012 at 00:25..
Kelo6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, beginners, classes, training