Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-30-2012, 17:41   #21
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/29...est=latestnews

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 23:57   #22
Merkavaboy
Code-7A KUZ769

Here's a thought.

If after all this on-line training that even the LEO's were required to take (and thus issued a "certificate of completion"), some LEO later actively engages a "active shooter" situation, could some pencil-neck bean-counter Admin type try and discipline the LEO for failing to abide by the training that they were just certified as taking (I.e.: flailed to run away, hide and/or call 911)?

This reminds me of the completely worthless NIMS FEMA on-line training that all govt employees were required to complete some years ago.
Merkavaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:10   #23
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkavaboy View Post
Here's a thought.

If after all this on-line training that even the LEO's were required to take (and thus issued a "certificate of completion"), some LEO later actively engages a "active shooter" situation, could some pencil-neck bean-counter Admin type try and discipline the LEO for failing to abide by the training that they were just certified as taking (I.e.: flailed to run away, hide and/or call 911)?

This reminds me of the completely worthless NIMS FEMA on-line training that all govt employees were required to complete some years ago.
That's the exact issue the USBP union brought up, and are pretty irritated about, it seems.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 07-04-2012, 16:41   #24
walkin' trails

I had read an article about the Border Patrol Union raising a valid concern about how DHS was going to view an off duty agent intervening in an active shooter scenario. If some numb____z is making even enforcement personnel view a video aimed at non LE sheep, then I think there are some real idiots in the system.
Firearms Instructor
walkin' trails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 21:49   #25
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
BOP employees who are LE, for the most part have had to put up with this type of attitude for awhile now, (run; hide; quiver; call 911), because of liability oriented weenies and pencil pushers. See how you like it? I'm thinking it is going to get worse before it gets better, for all fed LE agencies.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 23:42   #26
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
BOP employees who are LE, for the most part have had to put up with this type of attitude for awhile now, (run; hide; quiver; call 911), because of liability oriented weenies and pencil pushers. See how you like it? I'm thinking it is going to get worse before it gets better, for all fed LE agencies.
Heaven forbid we hurt a hair on their little heads....

Quote:
Old 07-05-2012, 08:55   #27
Nanuk

I retired from the BP this year. I had to take that little mind numbing training before I retired, ya know competed by this date.....

BP agents are serious type A individuals who are going into the fight. That is DHS's way of saying if you dumb ***** BP agents kill anyone during an active shooter its your *****.

About 9 years ago working plain clothes on the way home in my G ride ( ya take home ride) I was passed by the SO running code so naturally I follow them. Turns out to be a hostage situation. I roll up and ask the on scene commander if I can help, he knew me and said "ya take the south perimeter". Once there I decide I should call my boss and let him know what I am in the middle of. Immediately he says "Don't get involved!", I told him "too late, I was merely telling that I AM involved"

It has been getting worse by the day, the last 2 years I would get physically ill thinking about going to work.
Nanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 14:32   #28
Sgt127

I think it was G Gordon Liddy talking to a young man who wanted to get into the FBI. He was talking about the oral boards...Liddy told him there might be a scenario where you are in a hotel, you are an FBI Agent and right outside the window, you see a gunman doing an armed robbery. What do you do? He told the kid, if you want to get hired, heres what you tell them you would do:

"As a highly trained Federal Agent, I would Get the best possible description of the suspect, his hair, eye color, clothing and the type of gun, I would immediatly contact the local authorities and advise them of the crime in progress and relay as much information to them and continue to observe the incident giving them real time updates."

Liddy said the one thing you better not say is that you would go out there with a badge and a gun and stop the crime.

He further said, once you get hired, you do what you think is right, but, remember the guys and girls on that board are NOT the kind that would get into a shootout and, you need to respond accordingly.

Last edited by Sgt127; 07-05-2012 at 14:34.. Reason: typo
Sgt127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 16:07   #29
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt127 View Post
He further said, once you get hired, you do what you think is right, but, remember the guys and girls on that board are NOT the kind that would get into a shootout and, you need to respond accordingly.
Just as a counterpoint, my oral board tactical question ended up with me facing a "teenage kid" armed with a gun. At the end of the board, I was told in no uncertain terms by the screeners that the bad guy's age, gender and so on were not factors to worry about in deadly force decisions, and I was no use to anyone if I got myself killed.

All things considered, I like where I work.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:49   #30
merlynusn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt127 View Post
I think it was G Gordon Liddy talking to a young man who wanted to get into the FBI. He was talking about the oral boards...Liddy told him there might be a scenario where you are in a hotel, you are an FBI Agent and right outside the window, you see a gunman doing an armed robbery. What do you do? He told the kid, if you want to get hired, heres what you tell them you would do:

"As a highly trained Federal Agent, I would Get the best possible description of the suspect, his hair, eye color, clothing and the type of gun, I would immediatly contact the local authorities and advise them of the crime in progress and relay as much information to them and continue to observe the incident giving them real time updates."

Liddy said the one thing you better not say is that you would go out there with a badge and a gun and stop the crime.

Maybe that's why I failed my FBI Phase II (oral boards).
merlynusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 22:10   #31
SHOOTER629
CLM Number HBK
Let's Roll !

DHS Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcop761 View Post
That bull**** went out DHS-wide. They have "courses" where you click-until-you-get-a-certificate that they substitute for actual training.

It's pretty awesome.
I had to take that stupid on line crap.click continue on each page then click print certification... But it was great for a resume...LOL
Niner's 629
Cert Glock,Sig,H&K,Colt Armorer
Instructor,Basic / Advance / tactical / Dominate shooting skills
SHOOTER629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:58   #32
i8547
Without Equal

I am a BPA and currently instructing at the USBP Academy. I can assure you this is not what we are teaching. As others have stated, this was some check-the-boxes online-based training that had to be completed DHS wide as CYA.
i8547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:18   #33
SHOOTER629
CLM Number HBK
Let's Roll !

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8547 View Post
I am a BPA and currently instructing at the USBP Academy. I can assure you this is not what we are teaching. As others have stated, this was some check-the-boxes online-based training that had to be completed DHS wide as CYA.
Glad my friends in BP avoided this joke of a requirement...

i8547, pm me, i'm trying to find a former marshal who went back to BP, maybe you can help me with that. I think he's in Nogales?
Niner's 629
Old 10-03-2012, 20:53   #34
Newcop761
CLM Number 145
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTER629 View Post
Glad my friends in BP avoided this joke of a requirement...

i8547, pm me, i'm trying to find a former marshal who went back to BP, maybe you can help me with that. I think he's in Nogales?
BP let an agent that jumped to the FAMS come back? Shocking.

Last edited by Newcop761; 10-03-2012 at 20:54..
Newcop761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 20:59   #35
SHOOTER629
CLM Number HBK
Let's Roll !

Fams/bp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcop761 View Post
BP let an agent that jumped to the FAMS come back? Shocking.
Not just one, more then a few.
Niner's 629