SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-23-2012, 20:50   #1
dawg23
Resident Dimwit

Follow-Up Question on "3.5 Pound" Trigger

Couldn't post this query in earlier thread (not sure I got a "not allowed" message), so I'll pose it here:

When did Glock first publish it's policy stating that use of the "-" trigger connector (with a standard trigger spring) is to be restricted to recreational purposes ??

The reason for this question is -- If Glock sold a lot of weapons prior to adopting this policy, does that theoretically give a long time owner some "legal cover" (assuming he was unaware of the "warning") ??
dawg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 21:08   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

That was Glock's policy when I went through their armorer's school and instructor school in the year 1990, and it hasn't changed since.

"Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law," and all that. Neither you nor I want to fall into the Internet memes of assuming that things will go unnoticed, and that ignorance of the obvious will somehow excuse stupid things.

Not to mention that this question, trackable to your computer, will show anyone who finds it that you WERE aware of the issue prior to any shooting incident you might be involved in after this date.

Check with DannyR in the GSSF forum here at GT: it's amazing how many folks win Glock matches with 5.5 and even heavier trigger pulls, shooting against folks with 3.5 and even lighter triggers. Go to the sticky at the top of the Carry Issues section here on Glock Talk, and study carefully the debates on trigger pulls by those on both sides of the argument.

Personally, spending more time both shooting AND in court than the average Internet poster, I won't carry a Glock with less than a 5.5 lb. trigger pull, which will be supported by its manufacturer for "duty" use.

Best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote