Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-10-2012, 20:21   #21
happyguy
Na Ben Don Chat

I would consider one of the single stack 9's and a Smartcarry with pleated slacks.

My current carry is a S&W 442 in a Smartcarry but a thin 9 would be better.

Regards,
Happyguy

"Nobody should ever run a race where they are lapped by the sun."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 21:45   #22
Aeroscoper

Sounds like you'll be wearing about the same thing I wear everyday. I work in a lab but in management so can't rely on the labcoat to cover me up all the time.

My attire has my polo tucked all the time and I've tried just about everything so far, from tuckable holsters with G33 to 1911's. After years of trial and error I find myself with a P380 in my front pocket most of the time if I carry at all.

I wouldn't recommend using anything where you'd have to leave you gun un-attended (briefcase or portfolio type conceal) and I definately wouldn't assume your company is ok with guns on premesis. No large company nowadays is willing to take on the liablilty.

One thing I've had to reluctantly had to live with is the fact that the chances of needing a gun at work is significantly less than needing a job, so I'm not going to risk it unless I have an obvious situation that might change that ratio.

Good luck.
“I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire, … The man that controls Britain’s money supply controls the British Empire. And I control the money supply.” – Nathan Meyer Rothschild
Aeroscoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 00:23   #23
blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscoper View Post
One thing I've had to reluctantly had to live with is the fact that the chances of needing a gun at work is significantly less than needing a job, so I'm not going to risk it unless I have an obvious situation that might change that ratio.

^^^^^^ Good analysis!
blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:56   #24
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscoper View Post

I have thought a lot about that too. I am not able to carry at work. But that little voice in the back of my head keeps whispering "but if you needed that that ONE time.........you would really need it...."
Old 06-11-2012, 05:12   #25
HexHead

Last time I was working in an office environment, I carried my G26 in a Galco UDC, tucked.

Last edited by HexHead; 06-11-2012 at 05:13..
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:45   #26
Haasemd

So it seems like the best available option in this situation is to pocket carry. So what gun do you all feel is the best to pocket carry? I would like to carry a 9mm but that is just personal preference. I also have fairly large hands and when I go to shoot my girlfriend's khar p380, I cannot seem to hit anything with it. The trigger pull seems like an eternity and that my trigger finger is about to touch my palm. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just that I need more trigger time with smaller firearms?
Haasemd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:49   #27
scccdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasemd View Post
Hello everyone,

I am new to GlockTalk and also a new Glock owner (G19 Gen4) and soon to be CCW holder. I am heading into the professional world and was wondering if anyone has any tips for concealing in a professional setting. I was looking into your conventional iwb holster but was also looking at some briefcases that were designed for concealed carry.

I didn't think I saw a thread for this yet so I thought I would see what you all thought or what your experiences were.

- Michael
I would ankle carry before a briefcase carry, unless you want to do both....................
scccdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 16:36   #28
Veedubklown

Did I miss the part where you can't wear a tuckable holster? I made mine, it's a hybrid of kydex and leather, and they're all over the internet. Crossbreed is awesome, Comp-Tac is another. It's 110 today, and I'm wearing it under slacks and a tucked in button up shirt, with an A-shirt under. You just have to practice your draw with grabbing your shirt out of the way when it's tucked in front of your holster.

This is mine, with my glock 26. I also carry a browning hi-power, as easily. I'm 5'10, 175lbs.

Carry Issues

There's also alot to dressing around your gun. If your pants have a little bit of wiggle room, you'll be fine. You don't want em "suck it in to button em" tight, because your holster adds like 2" to your waistband. Mine tucks well into my love handle, and my shirt has a little stretch room.

I wouldn't bother with pocket carry, when you already have the 19! The 19 is a fine carry gun. Carry away from work for a while and get comfortable.
Carry Issues

Last edited by Veedubklown; 06-11-2012 at 16:40..
Veedubklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 17:11   #29
WI-Guy
Famly Protector

Another vote for Crossbreed Holsters SuperTuck Delux or similar.

I carry a G23 in Concealment Solutions Black Mamba; tucked in the shirt without the sportscoat and straight IWB with the coat.
WI-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 17:44   #30
Cletus

If your going the hybrid holster route I highly recommend http://Theisholsters.com
$65 shipped in under two weeks from a one man shop. Tommy is on here as well.
Carry Issues
Ruger 10/22 Target
Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail 1911
Cletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 19:39   #31
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

I dress "professionally" every day. Slacks and tucked in business shirt. No tie, no jacket, though. I'm in close proximity to many people every day. And, I'm definitely "under the radar."

G27 in Crossbreed Supertuck with V-clips. Beltman belt. Very, very stealthy.
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 19:49   #32
techiej

My situation is different in that I don't have to wear a tucked in shirt...but when I do I prefer max. Concealment and use a minatour with the "V" clips.

When I can wear jeans I carry a G17 this way.

http://rvschooner.com
techiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:34   #33
akgunnut

I use Smartcarry for when I need to dress up and tuck in my shirt. I can conceal my G19 using it and nobody knows I have it!
akgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:24   #34
MAXG

Quote:
I will more than likely be in slacks and a collared shirt (polo or button up with tie) but there will also be times that I have to go business professional with the suit and tie combo. It all depends on the client that I am assigned to at the time (life of a public accountant). Also I am looking at carrying my Glock 19, which shouldnt be too hard for me to carry, being that I am a good size guy (6'3" 200lbs). what are your guys thoughts?

Same situation applies to me. I have a gen 4 19 and I just ordered a Supertuck last night. Can't tell you how it works yet.

MG

-----
Above all cursed be the tame, dull spirit which bears life's evils patiently. - Faust
MAXG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47   #35
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
I used to work for the other Big 5 firm that no longer exists (Thanks a lot Enron! :P) and was a part-time police officer on the weekends. Company policy said no weapons on company property or on client sites. I carried my G30 in my computer bag every day I worked there. My last day when my whole group got laid off we went for drinks at the Sears tower and I had to badge security and they walked me around the metal detectors. My coworkers were surprised but not really since they saw me on GT every now and then in the office. It was one of those things that could be an issue but wasn't.
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:55   #36
Haasemd

jpa - sorry to hear that about A.A., although I would have to say they were going down hill before enron, that just brought everything to light (haha only picking). but thank-you for sharing your experience. I am seeing that it seems practically foolish to carry at work but it will be something I have to feel out when I start working there. I guess one of the biggest reasons I feel the need to carry at work is because the city I am working in has had its runs with violence in the past (but what city hasn't?).
Old 06-12-2012, 10:05   #37
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
Quote:
jpa - sorry to hear that about A.A., although I would have to say they were going down hill before enron, that just brought everything to light (haha only picking). but thank-you for sharing your experience. I am seeing that it seems practically foolish to carry at work but it will be something I have to feel out when I start working there. I guess one of the biggest reasons I feel the need to carry at work is because the city I am working in has had its runs with violence in the past (but what city hasn't?).
I agree that once the AC partners split off things were going downhill and all the controversy was a result of AA trying to aggressively expand their consulting business. The pressure on partners and senior managers to get consulting contracts was so high that they were willing to do almost anything to get that business.

Sorry for the threadjack. Back on topic, I was gonna suggest IWB if you're not comfortable leaving your gun in your bag or you're going to be leaving your bag unattended. I used to lock my bag in my desk drawer but some client sites you may not have that option.

Are you going to be traveling at all?
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:13   #38
Haasemd

I would assume that I would be. As you can see from my Profile, I am an intern right now but am fairly confident that I will have a full-time offer at the end of the internship. I am working in Risk Assurance/ Advisory (whatever you wish to call it, IT audit), but have a feeling I will be traveling a lot at the beginning of my career.
Old 06-12-2012, 13:20   #39
ChipM

Concealing in the business world has got to be THE SINGLE EASIEST place to do so. Any properly-dressed businessman wears a jacket (yes, even in the office). If you are in a business casual environment, throw a blazer on over jeans. From there, all the way up through suit-and-tie, you can cover any professional occasion and always have a concealed firearm on your belt.

If you simply must insist on walking around the office half-dressed (without a jacket), then use a belly band under a tucked -in shirt.
ChipM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
business, ccw, pocket carry