Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-02-2012, 23:46   #1
snerd

Debt Up $1.59T Under GOP House

Way to go, Boehner!
Quote:
The Republican-controlled House of Representatives, which took office in January 2011, has enacted federal spending bills under which the national debt has increased more in less than one term of Congress than in the first 97 Congresses combined.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/debt...esses-combined
Old 06-02-2012, 23:53   #2
nursetim

Rep. Dem., two sides of the same coin.
Old 06-02-2012, 23:56   #3
Gundude

It's good to see the Tea Party kicking ass and taking names. They've really struck fear into the hearts of those establishment types.
Gundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 00:02   #4
shadowman024

debts up like 5 trillion with obama so no room to talk

Last edited by shadowman024; 06-03-2012 at 00:03..
shadowman024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:14   #5

This is what happens when the .gov operates w/out a budget and gets by with Continuing Resolutions. There's really no excuse.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:50   #6
marvin
sci-fi nut

am i missing something? the senate hasn't passed a new buget in what 3 or 4 years. they are just running on the old budget over and over. no budget this house pass's gets by the senate or the president, so were blaming them?

no doubt that between 2001 to 2007 rep. spent like drunking fools. but the bail outs and huge debt came after the dem's regained the house and senate agian. the sad part is that bush went along with the bail outs.

Free men own guns, slaves don't.
marvin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:58   #7
Gary W Trott
Prickley Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
Rep. Dem., two sides of the same coin.
"They've got a set of Republican waiters on one side and a set of Democratic waiters on the other side, but no matter which set of waiters brings you the dish, the legislative grub is all prepared in the same Wall Street kitchen."
— Huey Long, campaign speech for the re-election of Senator Hattie Caraway (D-AR), 1932 (Williams p. 589)
Gary W Trott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:01   #8
engineer151515

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
This is what happens when the .gov operates w/out a budget and gets by with Continuing Resolutions. There's really no excuse.
This s correct.

Continuing resolutions since Obama has been in office and the Dems held both House and Senate.

The Republicans have submitted a debt reducing budget proposal every year. It is the Democrats in the Senate (a.k.a. Harry Reid) who stop the budget effort. Obama does nothing but contribute to the problem with budget proposals that neither party supports - zero votes in support.

The linked article is jaded and partisan.
Blaming the Republicans for Democrat continuing spending when Democrats have been the roadblock and continue to add trillions in debt to China is ludicrous.

Conservatives, you are being duped if you believe this hack trash piece.

Last edited by engineer151515; 06-03-2012 at 06:02..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:31   #9
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer151515 View Post
This s correct.

Continuing resolutions since Obama has been in office and the Dems held both House and Senate.

The Republicans have submitted a debt reducing budget proposal every year. It is the Democrats in the Senate (a.k.a. Harry Reid) who stop the budget effort. Obama does nothing but contribute to the problem with budget proposals that neither party supports - zero votes in support.

Blaming the Republicans for Democrat continuing spending when Democrats have been the roadblock and continue to add trillions in debt to China is ludicrous.

Two words: Debt Ceiling
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:34   #10
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
.... and enforcing it !

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:44   #11
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircarver View Post
.... and enforcing it !

My point
Old 06-03-2012, 06:48   #12
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
My point
Well the last one was Kabuki theater ......

Giving the dims an effective veto was stupid ...

Of course they were gonna use it .....

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
Old 06-03-2012, 06:57   #13
engineer151515

Quote:
Our uninformed American voting public, half of which receive a .govt check in some fashion or another, are quick to believe that Republicans are throwing grandma over the cliff in a wheelchair or starving children in schools when the Dems demagogue them for trying to enforce a debt ceiling.

Republicans paid a heavy political price in the 1990's for taking a fiscal responsible stand.

Personally, I think, with so many people on the .govt dole squabbling over borrowed Chinese money and whatever "entitlements" they feel are now a gov't "right", that the system is doomed to currency collapse. The only thing that has propped it up this long has been the even worse performance of the Euro.

Last edited by engineer151515; 06-03-2012 at 06:57..
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:09   #14
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
Personally, I think, with so many people on the .govt dole squabbling over borrowed Chinese money and whatever "entitlements" they feel are now a gov't "right", that the system is doomed to currency collapse. The only thing that has propped it up this long has been the even worse performance of the Euro.
I don't care if their house of cards collapses..... I just don't want them taking me with them .....

Old 06-03-2012, 08:03   #15
Jud325

Quote:
This s correct.

Quote:
Our uninformed American voting public, half of which receive a .govt check in some fashion or another, are quick to believe that Republicans are throwing grandma over the cliff in a wheelchair or starving children in schools when the Dems demagogue them for trying to enforce a debt ceiling.

Republicans paid a heavy political price in the 1990's for taking a fiscal responsible stand.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This.
Jud325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:08   #16
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:

I wonder what price they will pay for not having the spine to take a stand against fiscal irresponsibility?
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:03   #17
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:

Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security

Since neither party will touch them, and even 'conservatives' here will defend them, it sounds like you're basically saying there is no difference between the reps and the dems

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 06-03-2012 at 09:07..
Old 06-03-2012, 09:44   #18
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman024 View Post
debts up like 5 trillion with obama so no room to talk

yada yada yada

Last edited by FLIPPER 348; 06-12-2012 at 20:55..
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:11   #19
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin View Post
am i missing something? the senate hasn't passed a new buget in what 3 or 4 years. they are just running on the old budget over and over. no budget this house pass's gets by the senate or the president, so were blaming them?

no doubt that between 2001 to 2007 rep. spent like drunking fools. but the bail outs and huge debt came after the dem's regained the house and senate agian. the sad part is that bush went along with the bail outs.
This sounds a lot like Obama does when he blames Bush for everything he's failing at. If you're going to accept that argument, you have to accept Obama's too.

The bottom line is that the House can stop the spending. Will it take some backbone? Yes. Will it take a high degree of political skill? Yes. So why are these guys even in there if they have neither?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:07   #20

Quote:
“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership . Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit."
Then Senator, Barack Obama, March 16, 2006

Old 06-03-2012, 11:10   #21

The other thing about Continuing Resolutions is that we kind of don't really know what is and what is not getting funded.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:14   #22
shadowman024

Without cutting social security, medicaid and medicare this country is screwed, the budget can't be balanced with tax increases and small cuts.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:18   #23
cowboy1964

Since the left loves debtor spending so much you'd think they would be loving this Republican House. Can't have it both ways, lefties.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:26   #24
shadowman024

someone needs to cut the budget and just deal with the *****ing and only get 4 years. But the his party needs the house and senate to do that.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:31   #25
Gundude

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
Since the left loves debtor spending so much you'd think they would be loving this Republican House. Can't have it both ways, lefties.
They can have it both ways, and Republicans keep giving that option by saying one thing and doing another. Democrats then get the option of attacking them on what they're saying or on what they're doing, whichever suits them at the time.

If Republicans did what they said they'd do, at least they'd give the Dems only one avenue of attack. They're gonna get attacked either way, so why not just do what they say they will? The only explanation is that doing what's right for the country isn't important enough to them. They would rather sell out, on the misguided belief that they will get attacked less for doing so.

ETA: Actually, that's not the only explanation. Another is that once they get in, they discover how lucrative it is for their own wealth to just play along.

Last edited by Gundude; 06-03-2012 at 12:34..