Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:03   #21
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I suppose it is a mystery to the Chinese how the government can maintain control over the people if they are armed - which is, obviously, the entire point.
Yep.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:27   #22
Chronos

Standard. Governments will label freedom as "abuse of rights" each and every time they think they won't be laughed at.

Fortunately, I just taught a cute Chinese engineering Ph.D. student how to shoot last week. Her favorites were the AR and the Glock.
If you've already accepted that "violence against the innocent" is a morally legitimate means of funding the government, who are you to complain when the majority apprporiates your legacy and sells your children into a lifetime of debt slavery?
Chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 13:31   #23
oldman11

******* China. Of course they don't want our citizens to have guns. That is one of the things that stops invasions. As Aircarver mentioned previously, Adm. Yamamoto understood this. All the Arabian countries understand this also, and that is one of the major reasons we have not been invaded. I've got my fingers crossed that we can get Obama out of office before he can irreversibly damage our freedom.
oldman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 13:44   #24
countrygun

Don't short-sheet the reasoning here and go for the obvious reasons or the rather questionable "invasion" theory. There is something deeper here, even deeper than their control of arms and thereby the people.

There is a great and deep philosophical difference between the Chinese people and the American people. The mass of the Chinese people have always been under the control of SOMEONE. Call that "The Emporer" or "Dear Leader" it makes very little difference.

Americans are a free people. The gun is a symbol of this it allows the individual to stand up and say "No, this will not stand". This makes America very hard for the Chinese leaders to deal with. They tell their people what to do and they would like to deal with people of the same ilk. It is not that the American people have guns that is problematic to the Chinese, it is the fact that Americans have the FREEDOM to own guns that offends the Chinese leadership.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 13:46   #25
whoflungdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed Five Oh View Post
Anybody besides me take advantage of one or more of those millions of Chinese exported human rights violations back in the late 80's that were known as SKS rifles?

IIRC those human right violations only cost me $75.00 each.

Yep... Wish I had bought two of them... Sold it for a nice profit a few years ago...

GTDS Certified Member #9
whoflungdo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 15:46   #26
G22Dude

If more Chinese men had a rifle in their bedroom closets the government would have been unable to forcefully abort their baby girls
G22Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 15:47   #27
porschedog

Can you say Norinco?
They had no probs with us owning guns when they were selling them to us.

NRA Life Member / Creepy-Ass Cracker
Florida Glockers #172126

Last edited by porschedog; 05-31-2012 at 15:49..
porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 16:23   #28
G-19

Hold on just a minute.....

NOPE, I just don't care what the Chinese have to say.
G-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 17:29   #29
barbedwiresmile
Unreconstructed

Here ya go, J. I just edited out anything specific to my friend's work:

"I had to wait until I got back on a VPN, I haven't seen your emails for a few days so first thing...weird having your information and communications censored.
Families are limited to 1 child, if you have a second, you can not work. Literally, you will not be given a job.

Any job worth having takes heavy bribes to get. In the state's, [edited to: 'we who work in this field are not considered to have great jobs, it's hard work']. To work in the [edited] here is a good job. you have to pay to get it. Then when you do, your paychecks are taxed, then deposited in the state bank (more "fees" taken out) then whatever official got you the job skims more, then you go to the bank and get cash. These guys get 30%, max 40% of their pay.

Women are treated MUCH worse than objects. Ultimately a result of the 1 child rule. Everyone wants the family name carried on so a girl is not desirable. I've only been in cities but I'd have *to imagine in rural areas and the countryside, they can ditch a daughter or a second child. This is just a theory and there's really no way to ask that.

The really disgusting food is a result of the poverty that is direct result of the .gov structure. They waste nothing. SO big government will eventually lead to meals of fish heads and chicken feet.

Women are pimped EVERYWHERE, they even have karaoke brothels. There is one in the hotel I stay at, it's a 5 star mind you.

There's a lot more. we'll have to catch up when I get home."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada
barbedwiresmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 17:33   #30
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

If they really want to take us over, they will arm the **** out of their people. Ain't gunna happen any other way. Prolly won't work anyways.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 18:00   #31
Vic777

I guess the Chinese Citizens are learning about Individual Freedom through the Internet. The Chinese Citizens know that they will be enslaved until they achieve the right to bear arms.
Old 05-31-2012, 20:23   #32
azatrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschedog View Post
Can you say Norinco?
They had no probs with us owning guns when they were selling them to us.
Eggggggsactly! And by the boatloads too.
azatrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 21:21   #33
cowboy1964

Hey China, where are all your "missing girls"? Oh that's right, you've killed them off.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5953508/...missing-girls/
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 21:29   #34
samurairabbi
Dungeon Schmuck

An exchange from the movie "Casablanca":

Major Strasser: What if we were to invade your precious New York City?
Rick: There are sections of Brooklyn I advise you to NOT try to invade!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:11   #35
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbedwiresmile View Post
Here ya go, J. I just edited out anything specific to my friend's work:

Thanks much for the recap, BWS!

My wife and I were in Beijing some months before the Olympics, so I'm sure we saw a drastically "prettified" version of the city. Yet the extremely impoverished were still in sight -- I guess they simply couldn't round up all of them and tuck them out of view.

Another right that the Chinese don't honor is, of course, Intellectual Property Rights. For our edification, our friend took us to one of the knock-off handbag mills that apparently dot the city like speakeasies. The products were of deplorable quality, and even generated some unintended humor -- one handbag, when you opened it, had a Louis Vuitton logo stitched on one side, and a DKNY logo on the other!

One thing that will always stick with me is the amazing persistence of the street and kiosk vendors. If you even look side-ways at one, she (it was always a she) would follow you for literally two city blocks, waving her product and trying to get you to dicker. I'm wondering if that was a sign of a fierce entrepreneurial spirit, or sheer desperation, or both...

Definitely an interesting experience all-around...

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:31   #36
pilsbury

I really appreciate human rights advice from one of history's worst offenders. This would be like Clinton giving seminars on ethics in the workplace.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:19   #37
JFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilsbury View Post
I really appreciate human rights advice from one of history's worst offenders. This would be like Clinton giving seminars on ethics in the workplace.

...Or Obama giving a lecture on racial tolerance and not stereotyping people.

--
JFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 15:38   #38
jprj

Send a message via Yahoo to jprj

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilsbury View Post
+1. Im more on the current issue of China claiming ownership of our land.
jprj is offline   Reply With Quote