Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2012, 19:30   #1
matthew.s
Glock Miscreant

Concealed Carry In Grey Areas in Ohio

Legal question time...The State of Ohio requires property owners to put a specific type of sign at all the entrances to their property, but what I notice with certain places (open air markets, shopping centers, malls) is that they don't have a sign plastered right to the front door like a gun owner is supposed to notice and obey, but if you take a quick glance at their "Rules of Conduct" poster (if they have one), you might see something like "deadly weapons are a prohibited item on this premises, including firearms". They may or may not have the same poster at every entrance tho their property. Now at this point, is concealed carry inside the property still allowable because the property does not prohibit it in the way that they are supposed to by the state, and the property is in the wrong, or because you notice it on the "Rules of Conduct", you cannot feign ignorance of the rules? The side of me that is a Law Enforcement Major says not to push their ignorance of the law, but the gun owner side wants to exploit their ignorance of the law. What is the opinion of the group?

- En Omnia Paradus - In all things Prepared
matthew.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ccw, concealed carry, mall