SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-22-2012, 22:30   #1
DakotaGlockGuy
Polymer Artist

Crossbreed Supertuck vs. Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC Holster for 30sf

I'm in the market for a nice IWB holster and have narrowed it down to two choices:

Minotaur MTAC Holster

or

Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe

Those of you that have experience with either, or both, of these fine holsters, please share your thoughts!

Thanks!
DakotaGlockGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:56   #2
SGT_Calle

I've owned both for similar pistols. The leather is more substantial on the MTAC and needs a little more time to get comfortable, IMO. I like both just fine, only bought the CompTac to try something different. I'll say at this point the crossbreed is more comfortable, probably because I've used it so much more and it's thuroughly broken in.
In my totally average, non-expert opinion; six one, half dozen the other.
SGT_Calle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:40   #3
DakotaGlockGuy
Polymer Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT_Calle View Post
I've owned both for similar pistols. The leather is more substantial on the MTAC and needs a little more time to get comfortable, IMO. I like both just fine, only bought the CompTac to try something different. I'll say at this point the crossbreed is more comfortable, probably because I've used it so much more and it's thuroughly broken in.
In my totally average, non-expert opinion; six one, half dozen the other.

Thanks SGT,

Quick question for you. Did you get the regular cowhide on the Crossbreed, or did you opt for the horsehide? I'm just wondering if there is a big difference in feel?

Also, the characteristics I'm looking for in order are:

Comfort

Security

Durability

Versatility

Comfort is the most important to me as this will be my first carry rig. I rated versatility last as I don't see myself carrying any other pistol in the holster, so changing out the bodies on the MTAC isn't a big selling point for me.

Thanks again for any input!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:17   #4
wacopolumbo

Hi,

I have had both holsters for a Glock 30. I prefer the M-Tac. Mainly because I carry at 3:00 to 4:00 and the cross-breed has more leather and I found it would dig into my hip/leg when sitting down. I find that once the M-tac is broken in, it is very comfortable. I ended up selling off my crossbreed supertucks.

For me, I just find the M-tac more comfortable and you have the option of getting extra kydex shells for other pistols if you change your EDC. Also, I think the M-Tac if a better made product.

Just my .02...

Learning from my mistakes since 1974
wacopolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:45   #5
stash0501

I have the minotaur for my G19 and my brother has the crossbreed for his Ruger sr9c. Have have worn both and like my minotaur better. It has the extra leather that covers up the screws on the backside. The crossbreed's are exposed and don't know if your body might corrode or rust them with time. The minotaur is not as wide so it doesn't bite into your hip. I like the plastic clips, not afraid of breaking them, and the crossbreed's metal clips scuffed up the top of my belt in only a few uses. The clips also are smaller and so less noticeable without the Crosses on them if you tuck your shirt in. Both do a great job though so if you get one you will be pleased.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited by stash0501; 05-23-2012 at 09:46..
stash0501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:44   #6
Wasatch
was "Patronus"

I went with the Minotaur Spartan for my G19. The Spartan is not as "refined-looking" as the MTAC, but it's served me well. The leather on the back (skin) side of the holster isn't as smooth, which actually keeps it from slipping around on the belt -- more secure. Plus, at $69, you'll save a bit.

My brother has the Crossbreed Supertuck for his G29 and he swears by it. I've worn it before and it, too, was comfortable.

You've got yourself two good choices. From what I've heard, Crossbreed's customer service is outstanding. I haven't contacted Comp-Tac since I bought the Spartan, but it did come with Smarties.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Wasatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 13:37   #7
SCmasterblaster

Sorry. My only exper is with a Bianchi Model 4/4L.

Last edited by SCmasterblaster; 10-30-2012 at 08:02..
SCmasterblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 15:05   #8
OlliesRevenge

I've owned both (still own an MTAC). I'd spend the extra $15 bucks on the MTAC and get twice the holster. Better quality & craftsmanship and no exposed hardware on the user side.
OlliesRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 17:22   #9
05FLHT

I had a CBST with the original kydex clips and a M-Tac Spartan. Both were comfortable and worked well. However, I just placed an order for a cowhide Theis holster. Same concept, clips without crosses on them (metal or kydex, your choice), and only $55 shipped.

Join
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
05FLHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 17:51   #10
Ranger45

My experience has only been with the MTAC. Used it for both a G19 and HK USPc. Absolutely love this holster. Would not mind having a CBST either. I think this is one of those wonderful decisions in which there is no wrong choice.

Last edited by Ranger45; 05-23-2012 at 17:51..
Ranger45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 17:53   #11
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

MTAC.

The versatility makes it better, IMO. Comp-Tac makes great gear.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 18:07   #12
Clay1

I own a Super Tuck and a Mini Tuck, one for my G19 with a Crimson Trace and one for a Kahr with a Crimson Trace. Love them both. I compete out of a Comp-Tac but bought the Super Tuck when I read about problems with the plastic clips breaking. Maybe that has been resolved now, but preferred the metal clips. Both holsters have a fine reputation.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:51   #13
SGT_Calle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Shooter View Post
Thanks SGT,

Quick question for you. Did you get the regular cowhide on the Crossbreed, or did you opt for the horsehide? I'm just wondering if there is a big difference in feel?

Also, the characteristics I'm looking for in order are:

Comfort

Security

Durability

Versatility

Comfort is the most important to me as this will be my first carry rig. I rated versatility last as I don't see myself carrying any other pistol in the holster, so changing out the bodies on the MTAC isn't a big selling point for me.

Thanks again for any input!
I had two different horsehide versions.
The one difference I prefer with the crossbreed is the metal clips.
SGT_Calle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 23:42   #14
JrFreak

I have 2 Supertucks (G27 and Kahr PM9). I might pick up a MTAC for my G23 just to try something different. My 27 and PM9 have laserguards, so the MTAC was out for them.
JrFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 23:24   #15
akgunnut

I've owned both and prefer the Supertuck. It's nice you can switch the kydex shells with the MTAC but the Supertuck for me is more comfortable. The steel belt clips hold up better (and yes I had one of the plastic clips break on me with the MTAC) and it distributes the weight of the firearm more evenly.
akgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:11   #16
TSAX
USAF Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgunnut View Post
I've owned both and prefer the Supertuck. It's nice you can switch the kydex shells with the MTAC but the Supertuck for me is more comfortable. The steel belt clips hold up better (and yes I had one of the plastic clips break on me with the MTAC) and it distributes the weight of the firearm more evenly.
with this assessment. Many people like both and you cant really go wrong with either, personal preference I guess.

GSSF Member

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:38   #17
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

M-Tac for me... I wouldn't even consider the Crossbreed (nothing to do w/ the clips or the religious beliefs of the owner)

IGF
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 05-27-2012 at 04:40..
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:06   #18
M24C

I can only speak on the crossbreed. I have with the horsehide and combat cut. After getting the tilt and position to fit your body. You Don't realize that you are wearing it. The only complaint I have on it, was the squeaking. I fixed that with a piece of duct tape behind the clips that rub against the horsehide. After that I did not notice it. I've been wearing G22C. HTH

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
40 Club number #164
M24C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 19:19   #19
QNman
resU deretsigeR

I have two super tucks and a mini tuck. One super is cow, one horse. I, personally, cannot tell one lick of difference. Never owned a MTAC, but the super tuck is GTG. As stated, once adjusted right, you forget you're wearing it.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!

Last edited by QNman; 05-28-2012 at 19:20..
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:46   #20
DakotaGlockGuy
Polymer Artist

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the responses!

Two quick questions:

1. Those that have had BOTH the Crossbreed and the Comp-tac, was one more comfortable? and...

2. For those that have the Comp-tac, have you broken any belt clips?